26
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a disgusted glance, Nephthys tossed Hathor over her shoulder and walked toward the blown-open edge of the building. She spared the frozen Dex a glance but shrugged. He was Lyriumia’s problem now. He’d served his purpose.

She stepped to the edge of the building, looking over the frozen world. The girl, at the very least, had frozen the entire island! Incredible! Nephthys had just intended to take her as a hostage but if Hathor was the Vessel, she was even more valuable than first thought.

“Nephthys!”

Nephthys turned to see Amneris standing behind her, her entire body glowing with cyan power.

Amneris pointed a finger at Hathor. “Give me back my daughter!”

“Come and get her.”

Amneris charged forward. Nephthys rolled her eyes, pulled out her pistol, and fired. One shot was all it took. Nephthys returned the pistol to its holster. She spread her deep blue-green wings and flew to the ship.

Aurelia was waiting in the cockpit, sitting in the pilot’s seat, her hands on the consol. “Dare I ask?”

Nephthys tossed the dead Hathor to the floor, stepping over the slowly-growing pool of blood from what remained of her head. “Things got a little messy.” She nodded at Hathor. “If you hadn’t noticed, she unlocked her power.”

“Yes,” Aurelia said quietly. “I have never heard of such a power.”

“It’ll probably wear off in a minute.” She waved a hand. “We can leave now.”

“What about the soldiers and the boy?”

“What about them?”

The two women held each others’ gazes. Aurelia’s disapproval was clear.

Nephthys clicked her tongue. “I’m sorry, who freed you? Who is giving you a second chance? Who is helping you get revenge for you mate’s death?” When no answer came, she said, “Just take us back to the castle.”

0