Desperation
53 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You stare into the water as it ripples, reflecting back a disfigured picture of the being you hate the most. You see the insanity in their bloodshot eyes as they look back and forth to seeking desperately for something, looking at every corner at every blind spot possible, wild.

That broken smile reflected back with such arrogance, desperation to pretend to be what others all seem to be, cracking the edges, splitting the sides drawing up to reveal razor sharp teeth stained. The black tongue slicked out to wipe the spilling blood, that black tongue that held back so many times when needed to be released and that black tongue that moved when it was unnecessary, like a living creature itself it spoke, spilling words that should not be said.

You look closer, in hopes of finding some signs of humanity within that being, that creature that can no longer be called human. But the eyes reveals all, darting back and forth you see that this being or monster (even that name seem too kind for what I’m describing), lost it, simply lost it.

It looks desperately for strings to hold, to pull them back up to sanity to happiness, to society where only happiness is accepted. But even without tears, the pain held within those eyes reveals no more happiness can be found, for it was broken like a violin string, little by little with all those wrong choices down the roads, the strings that held so much strength all sprung apart at the same time. No longer can beautiful music be played.

 You look even deeper at those eyes, and you find it staring back at you no longer searching but understanding. Ah at long last, you understand, there is no hope for this being. So you let go, let go trying to save it, let go of all expectations, let go of all hopes, and as you let go you fall deep down into the water with a final sigh with your eyes closed you can no longer see the monster.

But, the last string held on so desperately, the last string compressed of so many smaller strings, each of them breaking down thinning the thin string thinner, but with that moment of clarity, the monster that so frantically attempted to be dragged down was now frantically climbing up.

Now was not the time to fall, not when there is still time to change. The monster once again appeared, but no longer was it frantically looking for something, for a solution, but instead the monster stared back, the solution has been in front of your eyes the whole time. 

2