Chapter 1: I saw a bridge today
375 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[I really want to die.]

He walked to the side of the road. The railing was pretty low. 

It was summer. And it was really hot. 

[The water is shiny. If I just fell. It wouldn't hurt that much.] 

He slipped off his shoes and started to climb over the railings.

"What are you doing?" He turned his head. A girl stood there. No. 3. She had appeared out of nowhere a few days ago, claiming to be his best friend from another dimension. Her small white face, shoulder length black hair, and large catlike eyes made her well known as the new school flower. He couldn't fathom why she chose to ally herself with him.

She glared at him accusingly, as if he had done something wrong.

[Should I let go?]

"Unfortunately, God decided that I would continue living today," he greeted her.

"Bastard."

He winced. "What time is it?"

"Seven thirty. We're late because of you." She started heading toward him, a menacing aura surrounding her.

"Sorry. I was preoccupied." He swung his legs back over the railing and proceeded to put his shoes back on.

"Don't run off next time."

"Sorry." 

[It is really hot.]

She sighed. "You never change, do you."

"Hm?" He cocked his head to the side, confusion blatant on his face.

"Haa, never mind. Let's go. We can jump the side gate before the disciplinary team catches us." She grabs his hand and runs, pulling him behind her.

He gazed at her, her hair flitting back and forth, occasionally...hitting his face. "Han Sooyoung?"

"Hm?" she replied, glancing back at him from the corner of her eye.

Tentatively he asked, "Did we know each other? Before this?" 

An unknown emotion flashed in her eyes. "Yeah. A long time ago. But you don't remember."

"I wish I could remember. You. And everyone else."

She smiled at him. "Maybe it's for the best."

The school soon came into sight. 

"Wait for me after class." She gripped his hands tightly. "Don't leave."

He bent over panting from the overexertion. "Okay."

She took a running jump and vaulted herself over the gate, looking down at him from the top. "Take me to eat hotpot today," she demanded, then jumped down and ran in.

He started at her retreating figure, until it vanished into the school building. 

[Maybe this won't be so bad, having friends.]

7