Inside the Tsukuyomi
16.9k 33 555
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moments later, Yuna found herself inside a black and white world that had a crimson red sky. She was tied to a stone cross and couldn't move her body or use her chakra. Despite the rather unusual situation, Yuna was rather unbothered.

"How curious, this is the first time a genjutsu properly affected me."

Moments later, a sword was stabbed into Yuna's side, she looked at the culprit with some annoyance in her eyes.

"That was rather rude, Itachi. I haven't finished pondering yet."

Despite being slightly rattled that Yuna didn't react to getting stabbed with a sword at all, he still had a calm face as he started speaking.

"This is the realm of Tsukuyomi, within it, time, space, matter... everything is under my control. You will be trapped in here for the next 72 hours."

Yuna absentmindedly nodded her head as she sunk into deep contemplation, while seemingly not even noticing that she was currently being stabbed by swords.

"That explanation seems to be a lie. Or maybe you don't understand it yourself? Oh well. You have no control over my thoughts and it seems impossible for you to make my body move as you wish either, at least not everything is under your control.

Mhh~ It feels more like I am trapped inside an extremely powerful illusion. Mhhh~ maybe~ AH! I see! The illusion itself lasts only for a second, but it is so powerful that you can play around with time while inside of it, thus making it seem like it lasts longer. That would also explain how you could overcome my defenses against genjutsu. I have to admit that this is quite an amusing trick.

Rather than putting someone under genjutsu and attacking them in the real world, you trap them in here to break their will through continuous pain over a very long period of time. Oh well, unfortunately for you, stuff like this doesn't work against me. It takes more than a few sword stabs to break my will."

The more Yuna talked, the more strained Itachi's expression became, and as soon as Yuna finished her explanation, he couldn't help but look at her in astonishment. His first thought was that Yuna was putting on a brave front, but that didn't seem to be the case. The fact that she could calmly analyze what was happening, made it rather obvious, that she wasn't affected by the pain at all.

Itachi gritted his teeth and changed the illusion to something else. This would increase the burden of using the Tsukuyomi, but if he didn't disable Yuna, getting away would become rather troublesome.

Yuna, meanwhile, looked at the world changing around her with interest, as her eyes absorbed every morsel of information she could get. Although getting repeatedly pierced by swords really didn't bother her, she would rather not have to hang around here for the next 72 hours. When the whole place was static, there wasn't much information she could get, but now that things are twisting around and changing, she could start analyzing the jutsu properly.

A short while later, Yuna was still tied to the same stone cross, but this time there were multiple stone crosses all around her that had the same person bound to them. Every single one of them had a copy of Naruto bound to them that was getting repeatedly stabbed by Itachi. When Yuna saw that, she could only chuckle.

"Well, I AM very protective of Naruto, but you don't really think that I would be affected by a mere illusion like that, would you? Others might be affected by the screams of their loved ones, but for me, the screams of these fakes are only useless background noise."

Itachi knew that this would be the case for most people, but that is why the Tsukuyomi is usually such a terrifying technique. It muddles the senses of the person that is trapped inside and makes it impossible for them to differentiate between what is true and what is false. Yuna, however, didn't seem to be troubled by that at all.

While Itachi was contemplating if he should risk changing the illusion again, a wide smile appeared on Yuna's face while saying a sentence that will haunt Itachi in his future dreams.

"Ah, so that is how it works."

Before Itachi could understand what Yuna meant, the ropes that were binding her to the stone cross were loosened. Yuna casually freed herself from the stone cross and safely landed on the ground while giving Itachi a smug look.

Itachi, on the other hand, had no idea what just happened. Yuna freeing herself from her bindings and moving freely was completely impossible. Even if Itachi himself wanted to do it, it would take him quite a bit of effort to do so. Although he had previously talked big and said that he could control everything inside the Tsukuyomi, there were quite a few restrictions he had to work with. There was a reason why he always had the people he trapped, tied up on a cross while stabbing swords into them, after all.

"Haha, what a neat little trick. Your eye has a small independent space inside of it that resembles a mindscape. You project it through your opponent's eyes directly into the brain and take control over it for a very short time. Since you can freely control that mindscape you gain some control over the opponent's brain as well, but I guess you can only affect certain parts of it. A normal person would be unable to endure the signals the brain sends during a time period of 72 hours in just a second, but unfortunately for you, I am different."

In her previous life, cultivators would imprint their techniques into jade pieces to make it possible for others to view what was imprinted into them, simply because there wasn't enough paper in the world to write down the ridiculous amount of information someone needed to use high-level techniques. The higher the level of the technique the more ridiculous the amount of information one needs to learn. Absorbing multiple books worth of information within seconds was completely normal. Although Yuna is currently far away from being able to perform such a ridiculous feat, she could still handle what Itachi's jutsu was throwing at her and even process everything properly.

What made the Tsukuyomi so dangerous was, that it worked almost instantly, but now that Yuna knew the trick, she could actively fight back and even manipulate parts of it herself. Especially since Itachi only seemed to have a rather rudimentary control over it.

Yuna looked at Itachi and gave him a wide smile, that had him step back instinctively, while cold sweat started flowing down his back.

'This is bad. No, this is very bad.'

"Nii-san~"

Itachi mechanically turned around and when he saw who called him, he completely froze up. In front of him stood a young adult woman. She had long black hair and black eyes and looked a little like a combination of his mother and father. Even without having seen the female Sasuke just a short while ago, it was rather obvious who that person was. An adult version of the female Sasuke.

If that was all there was to it, he probably wouldn't have minded so much, but the problem was that this Sasuke was actually only wearing underwear. Black, tight-fitting underwear. This was made even worse by Itachi still having his Sharingan activated, and thus burning the image into his mind for eternity.

"Itachi nii-san~ You promised we could play together! Let's play~"

A cute pout appeared on the face of the female Sasuke, which was the breaking point for Itachi. Without a moment of hesitation, he took out a Kunai and stabbed it into his own hand. Feeling how the pain helped him recover some of his sanity, he didn't pause for even a moment and started running away from the female Sasuke. His mind was already quite shaken from having to change Tsukuyomi's illusion and by Yuna easily taking control of it. If he were to spend the remaining time of the jutsu with a female Sasuke pressing her underwear-clad breasts into him he might actually snap. He could only hope that Yuna couldn't manipulate the Tsukuyomi to such a high degree.

Itachi glanced at Yuna and almost staggered when he saw what she was currently doing. Two additional women were together with her and Itachi identified one of them as Hinata, who seemed to have discarded her clan name, and the other one as Anko Mitarashi. Yuna was currently getting a lap pillow by Hinata, while Anko would occasionally feed some popcorn to her. Itachi could only feel dread when he saw that.

'She has enough control over the Tsukuyomi to do something like that? In that case, she is just playing with me right now. Damn, I just have to endure it, no matter what she comes up with.'

Luckily for Itachi, there really wasn't much Yuna could do to him. Despite looking rather casual, the illusion of Sasuke took quite a bit of her concentration to maintain. The illusions of Hinata and Anko, however, were rather easy to maintain, simply because this wasn't a situation that was thought up by Yuna, but something that actually happened a few times. Additionally, neither Hinata nor Anko were moving much, which made the maintenance even easier. If Yuna tried to inflict physical harm onto Itachi, she was pretty sure that the Tsukuyomi would simply end if she overdid it. It WAS still Itachi's jutsu after all.

After a very long time, during which the female Sasuke "accidentally" lost her bra, the Tsukuyomi finally stopped and the duo's consciousness returned to the real world.

Itachi would curse at Yuna for what she had put him through, but he already spent around 70 hours doing so, which made it rather obsolete at this point. Especially the last ten minutes, when Yuna made a female Itachi appear and had the female Sasuke and female Itachi make out in quite a few rather graphic ways were adorned with a lot of rather colorful curses.

Yuna, meanwhile, smirked at him and started speaking.

"Hehe, that was fun. I wouldn't mind going for another ride."

After he heard that, Itachi coughed out some blood. Whether it was due to the mental stress he has been put through or out of anger...nobody will ever know.

What happened next, was rather straightforward. Kisame appeared on the battlefield and moments later, Itachi and Kisame were fleeing the battle. Although Yuna would never admit it when someone asked her, she might have played around a little too much while inside the Tsukuyomi. Especially those last ten minutes cost her a lot of mental strength.

Naruto seemed to be running on fumes as well, Although Yuna didn't watch the whole confrontation, she at least noticed that Kisame's sword could apparently absorb chakra, which was quite powerful, especially if he is fighting someone that fights like Naruto who coats his whole body with chakra.

Jiraiya, on the other hand, quickly chased after them but came back after a short while mumbling something about a fire-breathing toad and its stomach getting burned.

Seeing that the fight was over, Yuna lazily stretched her back.

"Damn, the mission just started and we already met two S-rank missing-nin. Guess this will be more fun than I thought it would be."

Jiraiya could only glare at her, while Naruto gave her a weak chuckle. He wouldn't mind if the rest of the mission is peaceful, but he somehow doubted that.

555