The Speech
6.8k 26 279
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuna's fist and Madara's palm collided in midair, causing a massive shockwave to wash over the battlefield as the ten truth-seeker orbs hovering behind Madara stirred.

With lightning speed, they shot away from Madara and surrounded Yuna, who swiftly slapped them away with her ten tail-like chains while simultaneously catching another punch Madara threw at her.

The duo looked each other in the eyes as their faces wore similar-looking battle-crazed expressions.

"HAHAHA, MORE!!! I WANT TO DANCE MORE!!!"

"HAHAHA, THAT'S RIGHT!!! IT'S BEEN AEONS SINCE I FELT LIKE THIS!!!"

[STOP TALKING AND CONTINUE FIGHTING; I DIDN'T HAVE MY FILL YET!!! BREAK THIS BASTARD'S SKULL!!!]

Madara sneered when he heard that last comment that clearly came out of Yuna's mouth but wasn't spoken by her.

"Hee~ You actually allow that beast to control your body? Are you insane? Besides that, who are you calling a bastard, beast?"

"Mhh? Insane? Yes."

[You have all the eye power in the world, but it appears you are pretty much deaf. The one I called a bastard is you, bastard.]

Although Madara was annoyed by Kurama's insult, there was something else he focused on.

"Did you just admit to being insane?"

"Mhh? Why does that surprise you? Wait, you don't think you are insane?"

Madara scoffed in disdain as he arrogantly sneered at Yuna.

"Obviously."

Hearing Madara's answer, Yuna could only shake her head in pity. A man that wants to bring peace to the world by trapping everyone in an eternal illusion just proclaimed that he wasn't insane. Somehow, Yuna couldn't help but feel pity for him.

Yuna shook her head to get rid of her idle thoughts and focused back on Madara.

"Anyway, let's continue!"

Hundreds of icicles formed around the two and shot towards Madara at an insane speed. A glint passed through Madara's eyes as a gravity wave erupted from his body, pushing Yuna and all the icicles away from him.

Even more icicles were created as Yuna charged at Madara with her ten tails menacingly swaying behind her. Madara used his truth seeker orbs to keep the tails in check, while his limbo clones used physical attacks to destroy or deflect all the icicles flying at him.

Yet again, the duo's fists collided, causing another devastating explosion. Unlike the numerous times this previously happened, a frown appeared on Madara's face. He felt like something was off.

The duo took some distance from each other, and just when Yuna was about to resume attacking, Madara opened his mouth and started speaking.

"Do you know the saying that if two strong shinobi meet fists, they will be able to read each other's thoughts? Why can I not read your thoughts?"

Yuna paused for a moment and chuckled in amusement. Naturally, she had heard of that saying before and knew it to be somewhat true. Well, she wouldn't exactly describe it as reading someone's thoughts but as getting to know someone better.

Someone's fighting style is heavily influenced by what they experienced in their life, what kind of personality they have and where their goals lie. For example, someone hellbent on revenge will usually fight more aggressively compared to someone who only wants to defend himself and those he loves. The more skilled someone becomes, the more these kinds of things become part of how they hold themselves in battle, and the easier it is for someone experienced to notice these habits.

"What are you saying, Madara? I'm pretty sure you can read perfectly well what I am thinking."

Madara's frown deepened when he heard Yuna's words. Indeed, he could more or less feel what she was thinking, but it was so unfitting that he found it weird that there was nothing else.

"Impossible. The only thing I can read is your great desire to have a worthy opponent. Despite the situation we are in, where the whole world's future is at stake, the only thing you desire is a great battle? I don't believe it. There must be more than that."

Yuna chuckled in amusement as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Madara, but that is the kind of person I am. There is nothing more important than my own desires. As for lofty ideals like world peace, someone else can bother about that."

Yuna chuckled in amusement when she saw Madara's dumbfounded face. She spread her arms widely as her face twisted in glee.

"Disappointing, isn't it, Madara? For you, this is a clash of ideologies. The final battle deciding the fate of humankind. The ultimate confrontation between the path you choose and the path the world is currently on."

Yuna cackled in glee as she saw Madara trying to comprehend what she had just said.

"But for me, this is only an enjoyable fight to the death. Nothing more, nothing less."

Yet again, Yuna laughed out loud as she saw the disappointment on Madara's face. Obviously, Madara wasn't happy with Yuna's statement, as his fight for the sake of humanity was just downgraded into a battle between battle junkies. Before he could comment any further, Yuna resumed speaking.

"But since this is how you see this fight, we might as well get the formalities out of the way. Tell me, Madara. What is your goal? What do you want to archive? And you better not give me the same weak-ass plan Nagato gave me. You thought about all of this more in-depth, didn't you? Tell me: How do we bring peace to this world?"

Although Madara was taken aback by Yuna's sudden switch in mood, he quickly regained his bearing and analyzed the situation. He could just continue fighting, but he wanted Yuna to hear his words. He wanted her to understand what this fight meant to him.

"You want to hear my thoughts? Very well, listen: Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live, the more you realize that the only thing that truly exists in this reality are merely pain, suffering, and futility."

A glint of sadness and pain flashed through Madara's eyes as he remembered all the losses he experienced during his life. He only paused for a slight moment before continued speaking.

"Listen everywhere you look in this world; wherever there is light, there will always be shadows to be found as well. As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will also exist. The selfish intent of wanting to preserve peace, initiate war, and hatred is born in order to protect love. There are nexuses casual relationships that can not be separated."

Yet again, sadness flashed across Madara's face, which was swiftly replaced with absolute madness.

"I want to sever the fate of this world. A world of only victors. A world of only peace. A world of only love. I will create such a world."

Unbendable determination and willpower started oozing out of Madara as he reconfirmed his goal, his desire for true peace growing even further.

"For I am, The Ghost of the Uchiha."

Silenced reigned the battlefield as Yuna digested Madara's words, but only after a few seconds the silence was broken by a slight chuckle...

Reader: Did you just steal Madara's whole speech from the English dub?

Author: Yes.

Anyway, if you don't know what I'm talking about, go to youtube, search "Madara speech" and watch the video from "Naruto World". Trust me; it's worth it.

 

279