The Ootsutsuki’s Clan’s Past
7k 23 292
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, in the outside world, Sasuke was looking dumbfounded at Kaguya and Yuna, who were now unmoving while their foreheads were touching.

'The f*ck?'

Naturally, he was confused by Kaguya's sudden reappearance. He noticed Yuna doing something just when Kaguya was about to be sealed away, but he would have never guessed she would do something this crazy.

'I get that she is insane, but what the f*ck? Isn't this a little too much?'

While Sasuke was heavily confused by the situation in front of him, he regained his bearing rather quickly as a glint passed through his eyes.

'Both of them stopped moving. Initially, the goal was to seal Kaguya, but now I can actually kill her. This is a great chance!'

Sasuke moved and appeared next to Kaguya, his lightning-chakra-coated sword already swinging down. However...

*Clang*

Sasuke's sword collided with a wind-chakra-coated kunai, blocking his attack.

"What are you doing, idiot!? This is the perfect chance for us to kill her."

Naruto, who had just blocked Sasuke's attack, shook his head.

"Although that might be the case, nee-san is currently doing something, and I will not allow you to interrupt her."

"Are you crazy!? That's Kaguya! This is the perfect chance to kill her!"

Naruto was indifferent to Sasuke's words as he crossed his arms in front of his chest and stood between Sasuke and Kaguya.

"I don't care. Since nee-san wants it to be like this, I will do what she wants."

Sasuke couldn't help but look at Naruto in utter bewilderment. He couldn't grasp how that goofy idiot he knew suddenly could take that kind of stance.

"Do you even know what she is currently doing?"

"I have not the slightest clue."

Yet again, Sasuke was dumbfounded by Naruto's irrational trust in Yuna. Obviously, he trusted Itachi to a high degree as well, but that situation was different. Yuna was someone who was prone to make ridiculous decisions, while Itachi... well, okay, he kind of genocided a whole clan, but that was a different matter. Yup, definitely a different matter.

"Are you insane!? Who knows what she is currently doing. Hell, we don't even know whether she is succeeding or not. If she were to fail in whatever she is currently attempting, everyone is going to die. Do you seriously unconditionally trust Yuna with your life, Naruto!?"

"Yes."

Naruto answered that question without a second of hesitation. No one could know whether that single word was supposed to answer Sasuke's first question or the last one.

Meanwhile, Kaguya felt that her butt was in danger, so she quickly started telling Yuna what had happened to her clan. Well, she told her what she knew about it, since they reached this realm ages before Kaguya was born.

Basically, a small branch of her original clan got involved in an accident and consequently was sucked into a spatial fracture. Instead of the usual outcome, death, they appeared in a foreign place.

Most species they encountered from there on were very weak, so the people of the now newly renamed Ootsutsuki grew complacent over time. Most no longer felt it necessary to cultivate as they were way above anyone else even without cultivating, resulting in the art slowly getting lost in the stream of time.

Obviously, something like that doesn't simply vanish, so a few people managed to pick together some pieces. Stuff about devouring the energy of nature, surpassing the heaven and earth, and becoming immortal. Needless to say, they were completely misguided and reached a rather outrageous end result: Plant the seed of the world tree, which would suck up a planet's entire energy, "devouring the energy of nature." Then, eat the tree's fruit, surpassing/overcoming a whole planet and finally, becoming immortal, or as the Ootsutsuki clan interpreted it, becoming a god.

Obviously, that was not the kind of story Kaguya told Yuna as she retold story after story about how glorious the Ootsutsuki was and all of their heroic deeds, but Yuna had no trouble seeing through that kind of propaganda.

Kaguya might be an invincible force of nature to the people of the shinobi world, but Yuna could clearly see how brainwashed she was.

Hell, Ishiki wanted to sacrifice her to the ten-tails, and she still could gush about the Ootsutsuki clan, so there was that.

Anyway, Yuna off-handedly noticed that all of those heroic figures Kaguya was talking about were male, so Yuna decided to throw a question into the mix.

"Out of curiosity, are men or women more treasured in the Ootsutsuki clan."

Kaguya seemed to be weirded out by that question but nonetheless answered Yuna.

"Isn't that obvious? It's men."

Yuna nodded in understanding while a wry smile appeared on her face.

'Well, that explains why the Great Ancestor switched genders, and I became his devoted wife. Who would look up to a heroic figure that was part of a massive harem and loved nothing more than getting their holes stuffed.'

[Do you have to point that out every time you mention her?]

'Yes.'

[Sigh, why do I even ask?]

'Anyway, interested in meeting your grandmother, Kurama?'

[No.]

'Hahaha, how cold~'

A while later, Kaguya finished her tale causing Yuna to nod in satisfaction.

'She is just a naïve little cog in the machine called Ootsutsuki, so I won't blame her for the mess with the world tree. The spanking is postponed.'

[A pity. I'd like to see that.]

'Well, I might give her a little one later on~'

[I'm looking forward to it.]

"Anyway, Kaguya, now that you have told me your story, it's time for you to hear mine."

Kaguya's eyes shone with interest when she heard Yuna's words. All the current Ootsutsuki clan had about the time of the Great Ancestor were myths, so she was really looking forward to what she was about to hear. Well, there was still some doubt about Yuna really being the Great Ancestor's Soul Mate, but she would listen patiently for now.

292