The Forgotten One
7k 34 300
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Yuna's group was endlessly chatting with each other, other people started slowly waking up from their slumber, and a few minutes later, the battlefield-spanning communication array was back in business.

Inoichi, the array's central controller, immediately decided to contact the person who was undoubtedly responsible for whatever happened.

"Contact Yuna Uzumaki. We need to know what happened."

"""YES!!!"""

As soon as they located Yuna's position, they almost soiled their pants due to the utter absurd amount of chakra one of the people next to Yuna had.

'Who the hell is that? Is it an enemy? I'm not sure, but since they don't seem to be fighting, this is a good chance to contact Yuna.'

Moments later, Yuna felt someone trying to talk to her telepathically, and as soon as she realized who it was, she allowed the connection to form.

'Yuna, what is going on?'

'Oh? If it isn't my brother's father-in-law. A lot of things happened, but the war is over. We have won.'

Although Inoichi gnashed his teeth at being called father-in-law, he still kept the conversation going. Naturally, he was happy that the war was supposedly over, but there were still other things to talk about.

'We can feel a colossal chakra signature right next to you. Is that an enemy or an ally?'

'She's an ally. Her name is Kaguya, and she is an alien that was sealed inside the moon.'

'Haa? What kind of nonsense are you t...'

'Oh, and she is the mother of the legendary Sage of the Six Paths.'

'What the f...'

'And she joined my harem.'

'...'

Inoichi paused for a moment as his thoughts came to a standstill. However, he was an expert on the mind, so Yuna's absurdities couldn't daze him for too long. He knew exactly what he had to do.

'Great, so we have won! I'll immediately spread that message throughout the whole army.'

He suppressed the unhealthy information he had just received and sealed it away in the depths of his mind. All that remains of what Yuna just told him about Kaguya is: She's an ally. Her name is Kaguya.

'Anyway, since the war is over, what happened to the puppet master, Obito Uchiha? I assume he was killed?'

An awkward expression appeared on Yuna's face as she struggled not to laugh out loud when Inoichi called Obito the puppet master. Frankly, she had no idea what had happened to him.

'Give me a moment. Although it's a long story, he turned out to be just a pawn... of a pawn... of a pawn... A-Anyway, I'm sure his body is somewhere in the vicinity.'

While Inoichi was dazed due to the supposed mastermind being nothing more than a pawn, Yuna spread her senses to find Obito's location. She couldn't help but enjoy how much she could sense now that she got back a small part of her original cultivation.

Obviously, he noticed Madara's presence as well, but as the battle escalated, it became harder and harder to sense what was going on, so he had no clue what exactly occurred.

Meanwhile, Yuna found Obito, and he was surprisingly still alive. Well, barely.

Yuna pointed toward his half-dead body while looking at Naruto with a stern expression.

"Naruto, haven't I taught you not to leave your toys lying all over the ground? What the hell is that?"

At first, Naruto had no clue why Yuna suddenly started scolding him, but after sharpening his sense and looking toward the location Yuna was pointing at, a dangerous glint passed through his eyes as a vicious smile appeared on his face.

However, that facial expression quickly morphed into one filled with guilt as he gave Yuna puppy-dog-eyes.

"Sorry, nee-san, I'll put it away right now."

Yuna, who seemed to be swayed by Naruto's puppy-dog-eyes, nodded her head in acknowledgment.

"Fine, but this is the last time."

Naruto's vicious smile returned as he nodded his head and moved towards the half-dead Obito. Finally, it was time to avenge his parents' death.

While Naruto was walking toward Obito's body in excitement, Yuna rekindled the conversation with Inoichi.

'Okay, Obito is here, and he will be dead soon, so this war is 100% over.'

Although Inoichi still didn't understand everything that was going on, he still sighed in relief when Yuna confirmed that the war was over. Although Yuna loved creating chaos, she was not someone who would mess around with something this important. Well, at least not if it could potentially cost innocent lives.

Moments later, Naruto arrived near Obito's unmoving body, resulting in him opening his eyes. By now, he didn't even have the chakra to sustain his Sharingan, so both of his eyes were pure black now.

"Naruto, huh? Are you here to mock me? Mock this pathetic me that has been tricked and used time after time for the sake of others?"

"No, you have been mocked enough."

A kunai appeared in Naruto's hand, which he swiftly tossed at Obito's head, piercing through it and impaling his brain, killing him pretty much instantly.

Eery silence covered Naruto's surroundings as he closed his eyes to properly feel what it was like to finally get his revenge on the person who killed his parents.

Frankly, he was not expecting to feel like he currently did.

[Well, how is it? What does it feel like to finally get your revenge.]

'It feels...'

Naruto clenched and unclenched his fist while looking at the unmoving body of Obito. Truly, he never expected it to be like this.

'...f*cking amazing.'

[Huh?]

Kurama knew what humans usually felt after they got their desired revenge: They would feel empty and quickly burn out as their life's goal vanished.

However, Naruto was different. He never lived for the sake of revenge alone. He had other goals and dreams he wanted to fulfill, so rather than him no longer having any plans for the future after he got what he wanted, it felt more like he managed to tick off one of the points on his to-do list.

"HAHAHA, GETTING REVENGE FEELS AMAZING!!!"

[Well, at least you didn't start acting all broody, so I guess I'll count this as a win.]

300