Politics? Nah, Bribery
6.9k 45 309
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The middle-aged man glared at Yuna in disdain. He had hated her for quite a while now due to her "not knowing her place". He had sent multiple missions to Konoha that demanded Yuna to guard him on different occasions, but she always ignored all of them.

In fact, that one wasn't even Yuna's fault, as Tsunade tossed requests like that into the garbage bin as soon as she received them.

Yuna guarding a pompous noble? Sure, Tsunade might as well directly send assassins after him.

The middle-aged man frowned due to his guard not capturing Yuna.

"Didn't you hear my order, capture... Huh?"

He turned around to scold his guards, but they were nowhere to be seen, causing Yuna to chuckle in amusement. The moment the order to capture her was given, the duo glanced at each other and immediately legged it.

'Can't really praise their loyalty, but at least they are smart. Guess I'll hire them.'

[Isn't loyalty the thing you care about the most?]

'True, but this matter is a little different. I'm pretty sure that if I had attacked fatso here, they would have willingly laid down their lives to protect him, but that retard actually ordered them to attack me, which is nothing but a death sentence.

In fact, if you were to look at the situation from a different perspective, running away was the smartest choice for those two to protect their lord. After all, if they attacked me, I might have not only retaliated against them, but against their lord as well.'

[That's quite the twisted logic.]

'Hahaha, it's mine, after all.'

"Well, leaving the matter of your guards aside, under what authority do you plan to execute me? I am the matriarch of one of Konoha's clans and an Elite Jonin, after all."

The middle-aged man put the matter of his guards aside and looked at Yuna in ridicule.

"Isn't that obvious? It's under my authority, the Daimyo of the Land of Fire."

Yuna's eyes widened in surprise as she nodded her head in understanding.

"So it's like that. The previous daimyo died only four hours ago, and there is already a new one. That's quite the impressive speed."

The middle-aged man puffed out his chest when he heard Yuna's words that practically reeked of sarcasm that went straight over his head.

"It's only natural for me to become the next daimyo. After all, I'm the previous one's oldest son."

Yuna almost burst out laughing when she heard that. A king gets killed, and the next ruler is peacefully chosen within under four hours. That is not very likely.

Additionally, the previous daimyo had three wives, eight concubines, and over twenty children. It is clear that the idiot in front of Yuna simply assumed he would take over due to being the oldest child.

'Geez, I wonder if there is a person that falsely advises him about stuff like that~'

[*Sigh*]

Moments later, the door opened yet again, allowing a young man that appeared to be around twenty years old to enter the room. He was followed by a small group of lavishly clothed youths that looked more like hooligans than nobles.

However, when the middle-aged man saw the person who had just entered the room, a deep frown appeared on his face.

"What are you doing here, brother?"

"Ah, I finally found you, eldest brother. You stormed out of the room as soon as father's death was announced, so you missed the rest of the announcement. It turns out that my father left behind a will and declared me as his successor. So, I'm here to get my official garment back that you pocketed illegally."

The middle-aged man staggered backward when he heard these words.

"N-Nonsense! You are lying! Why would father choose a little brat like you over me?"

The young man chuckled in amusement as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Mah, you know, I managed to settle multiple really lucrative deals with the Uzumaki clan and coordinated them perfectly. After seeing all that mon *cough* my skills in ordering people and overseeing them, he acknowledged me as a worthy successor."

"N-N-No! That's impossible! I'M THE NEW DAIMYO!!! NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!! I'M THE OLDEST SON!!! MY ADVISER TOLD ME THAT WOULD BE THE CASE!!!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Guards arrest him."

As soon as that order left the young man's mouth, two shinobi appeared next to the middle-aged man and dragged him out of the room while he was screaming bloody murder, causing the young man to chuckle in amusement.

Next, his eyes landed on Yuna, but before he said anything, he raised his hand, causing one of his followers who was about to talk to shut his mouth again.

"Ahh, my goddess~ It's been a long time. As you requested, I became the new daimyo of the Land of Fire, so please teach me more knowledge about what it means to be a proper young master. Since you gave me a glimpse all these years ago, I simply couldn't stop learning what it truly means to be a young master, but I'm currently stuck. Please advise me!"

Yuna chuckled in amusement and was just about to speak, when another person entered the room.

As soon as he saw Yuna, he started rubbing his hands together like a merchant and walked towards her.

"Hehe, greetings, Yuna-dono. As we have previously discussed, I became the Daimyo of the Land of Wind, so about those debts I have..."

Before he could finish speaking, yet another man entered the room, and as soon as he saw Yuna, greed appeared in his eyes.

"Yuna-dono. I fulfilled our deal regarding the matter of the Daimyo of the Land of Water, so about that exclusive alcohol contra..."

Another one entered the room...

"Yuna-dono, I've dealt with that Daimyo matter, so when can you deliver..."

And even more people stormed the room.

"Yuna-dono, I..."

"Yuna-dono..."

"Yuna-do..."

As one big shot after the other entered the room, the five Kage had cold sweat flowing down their backs as they shared a single thought.

"""""How many people in high positions does she have under her thumb!?""""""

309