Chapter 59
402 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Name: Gunner

Race: Half-Human, Half-Giant (Royal Blood)

Class: Vanguard (Auto-generated)

Subclass: Open

HP: 180/180

MP: 13/13

Level: 1

Exp: 0/100

Strength: 12

Agility: 6

Endurance: 15

Intellect: 13

Charisma: 16

Luck: 9

Physical Status: Healthy

Mental Status: Calm

Affection: Friendly lvl max

AP: 0

SP: 0

Skills: Engage - Lv.1

Spells: None.]

Darius was surprised to see that Gunner had better starting stats than he did. Well, it should be a given since Darius was an average 13-year-old who hadn't exercised much compared to Gunner who was half-giant.

Darius had started out with poor physical stats while Gunner happened to be above average in all categories except for Agility and Luck.

The real shocker though, was that Gunner had the same level of Intellect as Portia!

And his Charisma was even higher than Darius'. Not to mention his intense gaze, that thing would intimidate foes and enthrall maidens, so Darius was willing to concede on this matter.

This made the fellow nod as he observed his handsome Branded Servant who was currently familiarising himself with his Character menu.

A very interesting thing to note was that Gunner's subclass was set to 'open', indicating that he could acquire one later on. Since his Intellect was impressive, Darius was contemplating whether he should set him up with a spell-casting subclass.

There were 4.5 Conversion Points left for the day, so the question now was what to do with them. Should Darius get his Branded Servant another Vanguard skill, something which might able to grant him a subclass or should he proceed in making preparations for his own plans?

Darius then realized that there was no rush. Foldo would need about a week to execute his plan in getting the bandits together and ready, so all he had to do was wait until then.

"Let us return, Gunner." Darius commanded as he took out a House Portal scroll. Since Gunner did not have a map function, he obviously could not set a homebase for himself, so Darius was betting that his own would work for Gunner as well.

However, as a failsafe, he handed Gunner a Short Warp scroll and told him where to teleport to in case the first one failed. Making sure Gunner understood what he was saying, Darius then activated the teleport.

Upon appearing in his room in Poleria's Homestead, Darius was pleased to see that Gunner had appeared right along with him, meaning that his House Portal Scrolls would be able to take his Branded Servants along with him.

The only thing left to test would be whether those scrolls required them to be in close proximity to each other or if it could occur at any range. If it was the former, it would be hard to get his Branded Servants to work away from his person.

Gunner marveled at the well-decorated noble's bedroom. Darius chuckled at his actions and then realized that the boy before him was still half-naked, with only a pair of shorts keeping him from trundling about in his birthday suit.

Seeing the issue, Darius decided that he needed to get something tailor-made for him at his current size.

Suddenly, Darius had a great idea. Since his Branded Servant would need to have some protection to fulfill his role as a tank, he planned to create the perfect armor for him.

He went over to the wardrobe and pulled out a random piece of cloth. Making sure its quantity was enough, he then concentrated.

[Would you like to change the yard of cloth into a skin-tight polymer suit? This will cost 4 Conversion Points.]

Darius was pleased to see that such a thing actually did exist, so he accepted the change which ate up most of the remaining Conversation Points for the day. To Gunner's shock, he saw his master change a piece of cloth into a dark-black attire that was made up of strange patterns.

Darius threw it over to Gunner and commanded the fellow to wear it. Turning around, he heard the Vanguard grunting as he struggled to wear the suit, eventually managing to do so competently after about 3 minutes.

Darius turned around to inspect Gunner and was impressed yet displeased. Impressed because the suit perfectly fit Gunner without constricting him, but simultaneously displeased because it showed far too much of his body.

Darius took another roll of cloth and measured it carefully. Then, he threw it over to Gunner after cutting it up a bit and told him to wrap it around his waist.

The cloth went perfectly around the half-giant and covered his privates more suitably. Darius had to admit, like this, Gunner looked really extraordinary.

The black skin-tight polymer's design and his well-built body came together to give him the aura of a powerful fighter, while the grey cloth that wrapped around his waist gave him the look of an emerging deity.

Darius chuckled, thinking that his nephews would have described Gunner's current looks as 'the last boss'. Gunner continued to stretch his body to see how he would manage with this attire, but found that it was actually perfect and felt like a second skin.

Darius inspected the polymer suit to see what it offered compared to the ones he remembered from his own company's R&D labs on Earth.

[Synthetic Polymer Suit Version 3.0 - Armor

Durability: 1000/1000

Quality: Perfect

Defense: 30

Resistance: 30

Description: A suit made of a unique sequence of molecules that are greatly resistant to all forms of damage, magical or physical. Created through pure Transmutation.]

Darius was flabbergasted. It turned out that the elitist ability had once again outdone itself as it took the average polymer suit and perfected it.

Darius assumed Resistance was in regards to magical defense since he guessed that Defense must stand for physical defense. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

High durability, perfect elasticity, and good defense as well as resistance. All for 4 CP, making Darius understand that he truly needed to widen his horizons.

He had only guessed such an item might exist because Gravitas was truly a technological continent that even had androids and the like, so it seemed reasonable to assume they would definitely have synthetic polymer suits.

Before today, he would have never attempted such a Transmutation because he would not have known it was even possible for a world like this!

Knowledge is power! The more he knew, the more he could create! This was how he might be able to beat the first rule of his Transmutation ability!

22