The True Beginning (Part 15)
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Come join the discord! Let's make a worthy community! https://discord.gg/kfZB4G4kdb


 

 

Elana couldn't believe her luck. If this ability worked like all the time she could only think of how amazing it will be for her party.

Upon realizing what was going on the Patrol Team prepared for the last phase of this battle. They all tightened their defensive line and started marching forward together.

The rest of the party rounded the edge of the wall just in time to do their part. The gate was small, and the ability of the goblins to push back off would be cut in half when they are getting attacked from both sides.

X, Darius, and norman all filled the exit to the camp closing off the gate. They were supported from the backline by Elana, Adriana, and Zack. With this formation, they would be able to get the most bang for their numbers.

"Zack remember when we were talking about how to use mana? I think I found something really useful." Adriana gathered a sphere of mana to her palms. The mana sphere compressed into a smaller sphere and fired off into the crowd of goblins. "I call it mana bolt."

*System Alert*

New Skill Unlocked

Mana Bolt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mana Bolt- The user gathers a collection of mana and compresses it. Once it is fully compressed the bolt fires off depending on how well the user can control their mana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Epic, my theory was correct. Just gather and compress mana until you can't compress it anymore. At that point, it will shoot off like a rocket. It is a bit hard to feel, but you can still control the mana after it flies off." She began charging another shot.

"I will save my mana for healing for now, but I think that will be a good one to learn." Zack surveyed the battlefield to see if anyone nearby needed healing.

With the frontline advancing and the backline holding firm, the goblins in between did not last very long. When the last goblin fell a small quiet came over the camp. The Patrol Team glanced at the X's team and to the hillside beyond them. No more goblins could be seen. Then it finally hit them like a truck. They survived the battle, the goblins were defeated, and they would live to see another day. Almost like a wave, a cheer erupted across the camp.

*System Alert*

Victory

600 XP Distributed Evenly

Several party members have leveled up. Would you like to distribute skill points now?

<yes/no>

'It would be better if I talked with them first, after all, they are the ones who have to be satisfied with it.' X selected the no option.

"Gather around students. I need to congratulate you all on an amazing feat." The professor stood in the middle of the camp. "Each of you should be brimming with pride. Before this, most of you were not warriors, adventurers, or battle-hardened guards. Today you are all of these things. We built this camp to protect ourselves after these creatures first attacked us, we gathered the resources necessary to protect ourselves from future attacks, and now we have avenged our fallen comrades and shown that we are not to be looked down upon. All of this is due to your tenacity, hard work, and capability. Give yourselves a round of applause."

Cheers erupted through the camp once more, the professor's way with words had a way of making a moment even better.

Mike stepped up next to the professor and exchanged a few whispered words.

"Now that the battle is over, we must put ourselves back together. We must do two things to begin this process. Thing one, collect all of the weapons and armor from the goblins. Thing two, burn their bodies in order to start making nutrients for a farm. If we do these things we can have the camp back to normal by tomorrow." The professor walked over to one of the nearby goblins and removed the weapon from its hand. "Put all of the gear in a pile over here, I need a team organizing the gear, a team taking the already looted bodies to a space outside the walls that we can use as farmland, a team looting the bodies, and the cooking team to prepare a feast for us!"

With that everyone got to work. The camp closely resembled an ant colony with everyone working diligently. After everything was collected there was a nice stockpile of weapons and leather available. Although most of it was not made for larger people, with some very specific modifications it could be made to work for their needs.

X finished dragging a goblin to the farming pit area he could feel the fatigue from the length of the day. He never expected the goblins to be able to mount such an attack so quickly. With their last task for the day being to pile up the bodies for the pyre they would make in the morning he was almost able to rest. The last time he went into the camp there were not many bodies left, so he picked up his pace hoping they could be done a bit earlier. Going back in he saw Mike and Layla talking with the professor. When the professor saw X he waved him over.

"So now that the battle is over we were talking about what would happen in the event something else attacked the camp. We won today because we were facing a weaker enemy. If tomorrow comes around and a stronger enemy attacks us, will we still be able to claim a victory? We won today because we had the insight of knowing an attack was coming, and we have you to thank for that. The mission now is to figure out where we are, and how to get back. These two are the most competent fighters we have in the entire camp. I initially wanted to send them out to figure it out, however, they brought to mind the fact that they are needed to protect the camp. This brings me to your team. You all left the wall in order to initiate the flank. I did this originally because your group was the only one to actually kill one of them before tonight." The professor gets cut off by Mike.

"Basically what he is saying is that he wants you guys to go out and do some exploring to figure this out." Mike looked down on the kid in front of him, because of his age he didn't expect much from him.

"My team was actually planning to do just that. I hadn't figured out a way to ask about it yet." X let out a smile, he was excited that things were already beginning to work out.

"Is that so. What drove you to that decision?" The professor asked with an eyebrow raised.

X explained the events that have happened to him so far, even going as far as to tell them about his ability.

"I would very much so like to see this ability of yours if you don't mind." The professor requested with a look of great interest.

Before X appeared a system Alert.

*System Alert*

Von William would like to join your party.

<yes/no>

X immediately pressed yes. With the professor being a fully grown adult he wondered what class he would become. Instead of the usual message, another message popped up.

*System Alert*

Party full!

Would you like to create a guild?

<yes/no>

X had never thought about the fact there could be a party limit. 'What would a guild mean?' He remembered the help tooltip and activated it. When the menu opened up he was impressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guild management/ Creation- The system user has the ability to create a link to members beyond the normal amount of his party. The bond between guild members allows the system user to have access to the guild management system. Here the user is allowed to share resources across the members of the guild. The creation of a guild also allows for the guild members to establish a base. At this base, the members all receive a combat buff, a productivity buff, and a health recovery buff. The severity of this buff is dependent on the chosen stat of the guild leader.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without even hesitating X selected yes. 'That is powerful!' 

 

2