The True Beginning (Part 16)
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Come join the discord! Let's make a worthy community! https://discord.gg/kfZB4G4kdb


 

*System Alert*

What would you like to name your guild?

X was drawing a blank, but then he thought about what he has been doing this entire time. He entered Walkers of the Path into the menu. After that, there was a slight glow emanating from the structures in the camp.

*System Alert*

Would you like to invite Von William to your Guild?

<yes/no>

Once again X pressed yes.

*System Alert*

First Guild member initiated.

Slot 2/30 filled

40 XP awarded

Level Up!!!

The professor gasped when he saw the system give him information. X knew he would have to do some explaining so he closed the system window for now.

"This is remarkable. It almost appears as if I am using some kind of technology. Is this your ability?" Von looked at X with amazement.

"Yes Professor, I am what this system calls a strategist. I am able to invite people into my system and they are able to grow in power and skill over time."

"Would you be able to incorporate the entire camp into your system?" Mike asked with piqued interest.

"There are limitations. Right now I am only able to invite 30 people. Right now there are 7 people counting the professor, myself, and my group." X looked at the two of them. "I would like to extend the offer to you and the Patrol team for sure. After that, I am not sure who to offer the last few slots to."

"Given a situation like this, I think it is best to offer it to those that benefit the most from it. The combatants need to be on the list first. Beyond that, I will leave the choice up to you Young Man." The professor continued to study the menu screen before him.

"Gather up the other members of the Patrol Team and we can offer them the ability to join first thing tomorrow morning. I am sure everyone just wants to get some rest for now." Even with the bonus of being at home base X could feel the exhaustion beginning to creep back up on him.

"That sounds like the best course of action," Layla responded.

Mike nodded and walked toward the direction of the burn pile with Layla in tow.

There wasn't much fear of an attack from more goblins after the battle so the watches were made up of fewer patrol team members. Once all of the labor was finished, most of the camp was able to get settled in for the night. You could hear an ensemble of snores as the camp entered recovery from the stressful event that happened just a few hours prior. The battle didn't last long, but the exhaustion would still take some time to recover from.

X finally found a moment of quiet to himself. 'Maybe I should take the time to allocate my stat points now.' He thought for a moment while running through the options in his head. In the end, X decided he would go ahead and input 3 points into Int because all of the bonuses for his class seemed to be based on int, and 1 point into Dur so that he would not immediately die if he got hit. He had a lot of trials ahead of him and he needed to make sure he was able to get everyone he could back home. Staying alive himself was an important part of that.

'Now let's get some shut-eye, I imagine tomorrow will be a busy day.' Then the sweet embrace of sleep met him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again there was nothing. In the darkness, a cacophony of voices rings out once more," Thou hast carved out your space within the Garden. Thou art not a Lord. The legions of the false tree will descend upon you. Partake of the fruit. This is our last message to you child of the sixth child. Trust him not for his deception will seal your demise."

X's consciousness distorted with the intensity of the voice. When it finally reformed it felt like eons had passed. There was quiet, there was nothing, and then there was light. X felt the familiar heaviness of his body once more. When he opened his eyes he was right back where he was when he fell asleep the previous night.

"Good morning X," Elana said as she walked by. "They are preparing to do the burn soon."

"Good morning," X responded groggily. "Where is everyone else, I want to go over everyone's stat upgrades."

"Well I Darius and Norman are helping make the fire setup, Zack is working in the field hospital, and Adriana is working on making new gear for the Patrol Team." Elana sat down criss-cross in front of X. "Would you like to do mine first?"

"Sure, that would be one that we won't have to do later," X said as he opened the menu. "Your class is based around the use of Dexterity and Luck. You already have the highest luck in the party. I think we should increase your Dex by two points, your int by one point, and your Wis by one point. I have a feeling those stats will be helpful as you grow."

"That sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe if my Wis and Int get high enough I can manipulate mana as well." Elana hopped up as the tingling feeling hit her from her body adapting to the change in stat points. "I will never get used to that feeling!"

"It really does feel very good. I also hope that you can learn to manipulate mana. I wonder what kind of skills you could create that would assist your class." X also stood up.

"What if I was able to have a form of mana based telekinesis! That would be really awesome." It was easy to see her mind was jumping to as many conclusions as it could. "Anyway, I am going to go and see what these new upgrades can do, I will catch up with you later X." Elana walks off to the main gate.

'I hope she doesn't do anything reckless. Now to find the others.' X decided he would go and see Adriana first. She was bound to have something interesting going on, so he didn't want to take up too much of her time.


 

 

Stay Worthy Readers!

2