Into the Woods (Part 18)
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Come join the discord! Let's make a worthy community! https://discord.gg/kfZB4G4kdb


Zack walked over to his notebook and started jotting down some notes. 'If I control the muscle to move back into its original position before I close the wound, the time it takes to heal the injury is significantly less.' He writes down a few more specific notes about time and stress on himself, then he sees X, Darius, and Norman approaching.

"Nobody is injured I hope," He says as they get closer.

"Nope, we were going to update our stat sheets after the last level up," X responds.

"I was going to ask you about that yesterday, but I figured it would be best to just rest after the battle. I have been monitoring how much mana I use while I am treating people. Which seems like that is an aspect of my wisdom stat." Zack closes his system menu.

"You are correct. When I was reading the tips from the system it showed me that both the amount of mana you have and how quickly it regenerates is based on your wisdom stat." X opened his menu and went to Zack's tab. "You currently have 4 points to use, where would you like me to put them?"

"I think you should do 2 into Int, one into Wis, and 1 into Dur. This way I have the ability to gain health points myself since I will be on the front lines healing everyone. I have played enough RPGs to know that you don't let your mages stay squishy for long." Zack chuckles.

"Good idea, I got you in. If you put one more point in Int your Stat Points per level up will increase." X switched menu tabs and Norman was next. "You're up next Norman."

"I am sure my stats are already better than the rest of you pieces of trash, but since I haven't had a chance to look at it yet where do I stand currently?" He asked aggressively.

X rubbed his temples. "You know you can open the menu and see for yourself. You just can't edit your stats by yourself."

"Nobody told me anything, I just know that I have to save some people. Do I just say open or something like that?" As he said it the system window popped open making him flinch. When he regains his composure he looks over it.

HP: 50

MP: 5

ST: 15

Dur 5

Str 4

Dex 3

Wis 1

Int 2

Luck 10

"It says here that my guiding stat is strength so I will put two into that and 1 into durability. I am a big guy, and football taught me how to take a hit." He flexes his biceps and pats them dramatically. "You weaklings wish you had guns like these."

"Last but not least you are up Darius," X said quickly changing the subject matter.

"I was thinking of how cool it would be if I were able to use magic along with my sword skills. So I think I am going to put one point in Dex, one point in Wis, and one point in Int. I know they don't directly benefit my class but just thinking about what they do individually I see a good bit of benefit here. It makes me a bit quicker on my feet, makes the gears in my head turn a bit faster, and I can understand the connections in the world a bit more." Darius elaborated.

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe there is a way to use the two together. I for one think it would be awesome to be a magical swordsman!" X says as he confirms everyone's stat points.

"Woah, what is this feeling?" Norman asked as his body shivered as if he just had a really good stretch.

"That is what happens when you increase a stat point," X said.

"That felt amazing, when can we do that again?" Norman questioned excitedly.

"When you fill-up your experience meter again," X said, pointing to where it was under his name. "Right now you are at 80/200. Once you have 200 points we can do another stat allocation."

Seeing that the morning was almost over, X knew he still had another stop to make before the group got back together for their first training session. "I will catch back up with you guys for training," he said as he left from the field hospital.

When he arrived at the makeshift garrison for the Patrol Team they were all assembled for a training exercise. It appeared to be a mock battle. Both Mike and Layla had a team of 10 people with staffs fighting for a flag planted in the center of them. Mike's team was holding ground closer to the flag and appeared to be closer to victory.

The professor walked over to X and watched the exercise. The two sides fought well, but Mike's team seemed to have an edge. This gave X and Idea. He would use this opportunity to see how the Guild buff works. When they stopped to take a small break X jogged over to mike and Layla.

"Would you like to see the effects of the system in action?" X asked as he approached.

"What do you have in mind, short stack?" Layla asked?

"Well, I would get one team to accept the system invitation, then you would run the drill again. Once you guys feel satisfied then I would invite the rest of you all." X opened the system and accessed the Guild tab.

"I think it is a good idea. Maybe that would give your team a fighting chance." Mike chuckled and walked over to his team to prepare them for the next round.

"Well, I guess it is decided then. I guess we need to go and meet the rest of the troops." She escorted X over to the rest of the Patrol Team members. "Alright guys, this young man has an opportunity for you. I think you should take the time to listen to what he has to say, it may come in handy for the next exercise."

The group watched X with eager eyes.

"Thank you for your time and hard work. Today you have the option to become a member of the Walkers of the Path. By joining this Guild you gain access to a very special ability that will increase your natural abilities by a considerable amount. The only side effects are that you will occasionally have to meet with me in order to increase your power more, and you will have to defeat enemies to truly grow stronger." X opened his system and passed a mass invite to all 11 of them.

"Well, you don't see that every day," Layla said as she pressed yes.

The rest of her team saw that she pressed yes and immediately followed her lead.

*System Alert*

Guild Unit created

Name this unit?

<Yes/No>

A smile spread across X's face as he hit the yes button. He input Layla's Legion and set the 10 units to be under her command.

Suddenly the guild members started to glow. All at once, they felt the tingling sensation that is accompanied by increasing Stat Points. When the glowing stopped the members were looking over their bodies and could tell that something was different.

Layla glanced down at the screen and saw that there was a title under her name and her unit name. "Captain? Looks like someone got a promotion."

"Go out there and get a win!," X said as he walked back to the sidelines.

Suddenly there was a message that popped up for all the members of Layla's Legion.

*System Notice*

The Guild leader has issued a mission.

Win the remaining rounds of the training exercise

Reward: 100 exp

"I did what?" X said as he walked back to the spot he watched the previous rounds from.

With that out of the way the next round began. A determined look could be seen on Layla's face. The other side could feel that there was something different about Layla's team. The professor planted the flag and walked off the field.

"3.. 2... 1... Begin!" The professor called from the sidelines.

"This should be interesting," X said as the two sides started to move in. X opened his status menu to see how strong the buff is.

*Status*

Currently, the user has +9 to all physical stats while on their home turf.

'That is pretty broken! They get my entire stat as a buff! That is going to make them superhuman.' As X thought this he saw Mike's team falling apart and Layla grabbing the flag.

"Winner!' the professor said as he stepped out to reset the flag. 


Stay Worthy Readers!

2