Into the Woods (Part 19)
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Come join the discord! Let's make a worthy community! https://discord.gg/kfZB4G4kdb


 

This process repeated for the next four rounds bringing the exercise to an end. Mike was watching in disbelief at how much of a difference the system made. While none of the members actually fought him, the rest of his team was wiped out every time within a minute. He needed to feel the power firsthand. He knew that Layla was good, but so far she hasn't been able to defeat him in a one versus one battle. He called out to her.

"Layla. Let's have a one on one. I need to see how powerful this ability is first hand." He flourished his staff.

"I mean your team just got wiped 4 times in a row, but if you insist." She gave her staff a few swings and gave Mike a nod.

Mike took the initiative and charged in with a flurry of well-placed blows. However, each one was met by Layla's staff.

Crack! Layla responded with a single swing that was barely blocked by Mike. When he pulled away a crack appeared in the middle of his staff.

As he backpedaled Layla took the opportunity to go on the offensive. She thrust her staff forward and hit Mike square in the chest. This tipped him over his center and sent him forcefully into the ground.

Layla placed her staff right above his throat causing him to realize that this was his loss.

"I don't know what this power is, but it is definitely necessary if we are going to protect this place," Mike said as he stood back up.

*System Alert*

Mission Accomplished

100 exp awarded to each unit.

5 Guild points Awarded

10 Exp awarded to the Guild Master

Each of the units in Layla's Legion was eligible for their first level up. At this exact moment, they would be considered the strongest people to ever live because of the buff from them being on their home turf. The perks of being in the guild were really powerful. X called everyone over in order to explain the system to them as a group.

"Here is how it works. We all have 6 basic stats. Durability, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Luck. Each time you place a point into one of these it causes a change to happen in your body that fits with the stat you put your points into. If you put a stat into strength you become Stronger, if you put a stat in Dexterity you gain more stamina, if you put a point into Wisdom you have the chance to learn how to manipulate Mana." X paused to allow those concepts to sink in.

"Mana you say? Like the ability to use magic?" Professor Von's interest was piqued. "Can you explain that a bit more?"

"Sure, there is an energy that exists here. When you manipulate that energy you are able to do amazing things. One of my party members was able to project it as an attack when we were fighting against the goblins. Another team member uses it to mend wounds as some of you may have already heard. The prerequisite is the Wisdom stat. I am not sure what the threshold for that is. With that being said, most of you should have been assigned something like a class when you accepted the invite to the Guild. If you would check now it will make it easier to be able to allocate your stat points. Once you check it out form a line and I will start to input your stats." X opened his menu and sent an invite to the rest of the Patrol team. This brought his guild to 29 members. 'That means we will only have space for one more person. This may make my pick really hard.'

Layla walked up first. "Since I am a fighter I would like to put half of my stats into Str, one in Dex, and one in Dur." She was taking the traditional warrior route.

X made sure to note that she also had pretty good Wis and Int. 'If Darius is able to pull off the magic swordsman thing I will be sure to introduce the concept to her.'

It took roughly 30 minutes to get everyone settled. With there being 4 mages and 14 fighters, and 4 rouges amongst the groups. With Mike being almost just as strong as Layla even with her Leveling up from the previous event. Once everything was over Mike's group became it's own unit. They were called the Front Line because of their position during the battle with the goblins.

When everything was over Professor Von approached X. "Young man do you have the time to do one more?"

X completely forgot that the professor was the first member of the Guild. "Absolutely. What class did it give you."

"Something called the Scholar. I think it is fitting seeing as I am a teacher." He gave a gentle smile.

X was confused. The system never told him anything about there being classes outside of the three he has seen already. "I need to see your menu."

Name: Von William_________________________HP: 30

Class: Scholar ____________________________MP: 15

Level 8 __________________________________ST: 20

EXP 100/800

(?)Hint

Durability __________ 5 +

Strength ___________ 4 +

Dexterity _________ 4 +

Wisdom _________ 20 +

Intelligence _______ 20 +

Luck_____________ 35 +

*System Alert*

Class Evolution Discovered

Scholar

The Scholar is a specialized mage class that is based on understanding the principles behind Mana they are based heavily on the Int stat. Their ultimate goal is to understand the forces at play in the universe and how to manipulate them.

'How convenient,' X thought to himself. "Professor, I think you should spend some time talking with Zack and Adriana. They have the best hold on things related to magic. For now, I will just put your stats into Int."

"That sounds good to me. I will delve deep into this system and try to understand the different aspects of it, as well as mana. I hope that it will be helpful in your quest to figure out how we shall return home." The professor left in search of the other mages.

"I guess that means that they approve of my team going out to get the fruit," X says as he realizes that there is another notification in his system window that he missed. When he clicks on it another system alert pops up.

*System Alert*

New Skill Unlocked

Marching order

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marching order: If a party member follows a command they gain a temporary stat increase based on the strategist's Int stat points. (Level 2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'I must have missed this in all of the confusion.' X said looking pretty pleased with his new ability. After closing his menu X went in search of Darius, Norman, and Elana to prepare for physical training. 


 

Stay Worthy Readers! 

2