Chapter 5. Job Offering & Tsun.
8.8k 37 238
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark blanket of the night soon passed by in a blink of an eye, sitting on top of a large, halved log. I stared at the groups of students cooking and eating different kinds of meals ranging from meatballs, steak to ordinary canned meals and rice balls, some had plenty whilst some had little; some used sauce on their rice whilst some didn’t, each to their own unique preferences.

“It still feels unreal…” I mumbled sleepily looking at the crowds of students as the black-haired lady whose name I still don’t know turned around and waved her hand at me as she held a wooden mug in her right hand.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” she asked whilst walking towards my direction as I shook my head, replying. “I already ate my fill a while ago,” before she sat down beside me, sipping on her wooden mug that smelled of tea before smiling.

“It was much of a surprise to me to see that girl actually change her mind and let you sleep in her tent, did you perhaps do anything?” she inquired before I shook my head, “I was simply waiting for the night to pass until she lent an offer to do so.”

“That’s quite surprising considering how she is well-known in the school for being the cold-beauty, who loves to avoid groups and other kinds of crowds,” the black-haired lady said as she looked at the crowd before taking another sip of her mug. “Is she that much of a loner?”

“Well, rather than a loner, it’s more like there was no one who could associate with her or have the same interests as her; in terms of intelligence, she ranks above all and not to mention, her abilities are more than twice as strong as the second place,” she smiled wryly.

It was surprising to see that the smelly girl was someone who would basically be considered a campus goddess in the modern, especially when you consider her poisonous personality which seems to be her way of avoiding groups.

“Enough about Mana, do you mind if I ask you something?” the black-haired lady looked at me and asked as I tilted my head. “It’s fine since I am freeloading with your group, after all,” smiling cynically as she nodded.

“Do you perhaps know how to use a weapon of some sort?” she inquired before sweat fell from my forehead as I looked at her who was waiting for an answer… what would happen if I were to lie right here, or rather what would happen if I were to say that I don’t know how to use weapons.

“It’s fine if you don’t know any kind of weapons, I am only asking since we are looking for someone who would be able to inherit our headmaster’s art of dagger; her requirements were someone that was not too slim and not too strong while having twice as much mana than me which coincidentally you fit,” she said as I smiled sardonically.

“Well, to be honest, I wasn’t taught any kind of weapons or spells, or rather, I don’t really understand how mana and other spells works…” I said, swearing at the stupid Goddess who most likely forgot to give me a rundown of how much this world was different from the VRMMO Solis (not the simulation) inside.

It wasn’t just my imagination but rather, this world had plenty more differences from the VRMMO Solis, and my experiments last night served as evidence as all the spells I tried activating before sleeping had either dissipated a second later or didn’t even activate… not to mention, the Accel spell I had cast was not how I imagined it to be.

“Is that so… I was expecting a different response but that much is fine, how about this…” she said before taking a deep breath, “We will have the Principal take a look at your potential and if you were to be accepted by her then the school will take care of all the other stuff such as housing, meals and learning materials for you.”

“We will also offer to assist you in learning magic, does that sound fine for you?” she asked before I widen my eyes, staring at her in surprise before responding, “Doesn’t that sound too beneficial for me, is there any secret terms I don’t know of?”

“Well, rather than secret, it’s more of a simple condition since inheriting the headmaster’s dagger technique would require you to take over the school once you complete the training though that will take a long time as such to give us a little bit of a benefit, we would have you do something else for the duration…” she said before I asked, “What would that be?”

“Do you know that the Lachivina School holds several competitions each year?” she asked before I nodded unknowingly as she continued. “Well, to be honest, the expenses of having to hire talented magicians is taking a toll on our budget as such we thought of creating our own talented magician from scratch.”

“And lo and behold, you came out of nowhere with more potential than I have seen in my lifetime as such I think it would be very beneficial for our school to help develop your skills as both a magician and a combatant, that’s pretty much what we want,” she answered.

“To summarize, in exchange for all of those benefits, I would have to participate in the competitions as more like a fighter against the students and also I would have to inherit the headmaster role in the far future?” I asked before she nodded. “Well, the last one is more of an optional thing, we wouldn’t force anyone to take over the role if they don’t like to.”

Thinking about it, isn’t it more beneficial to me especially when you consider that I would have someone to teach me how the magic system and other stuff works since that stupid Goddess is useless… not to mention, if I were to abandon this offer then I would most likely be rotting on the streets unless I find a way to learn magic or weapon by myself.

It was a good and tempting offer to be honest, having a place to stay without worrying about rent; free food and other materials are like haven and if my memory serves me right, as well as if the world didn’t divert that much from Solis, Lachivina School of Magic is well-known for their luxurious rooms, etc. which is another plus.

“You can think about it for a while, we still have a day or two before we reach the city,” before leaving towards the crowd of students who were playing with fire, scolding them as the crowd dispersed.

Each student carried a smile on their face as they played with one another using different kinds of magic spells from splashing water at one another or playing with the wind, it reminded me a lot of the past back in my original world but instead of magic, it would usually be either basketball, soccer balls or volleyballs.

“What did you two talk about?” a cold voice asked from behind as I laid down on the halved trunk, looking at the pink-haired lady’s face as she stared at me coldly. “Nothing much, just a job offering; speaking of which, you don’t smell today.”

“Is that what you all have to say every hour?” she asked causing me to smile mockingly to myself inside as she sat beside me, munching on the meat dish as I responded. “Nope, it’s just my mouth running off faster than my mind could think.”

“Speaking of which, what’s your change of attitude?” I asked before she stopped munching on her meat dish as she responded. “It’s not like I forgave you… rather I’m just being thankful for saving me from that demon boar that you triggered in the first place… just that.”

“A tsun, huh…” I said before she looked at me with pink splattered over her cheeks, tilting her head to the side as she questioned. “What’s a tsun…?”

“Nothing, it’s just some random mumbled word I came up with…” I answered before she glared at me, standing up as she said. “Whatever… I’ll just warn you, don’t even try doing something on me unless you want to be smacked…” before walking away as I smiled satirically at myself…

238