Chapter 15. Tempura, Homesickness!
4.5k 17 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“Ehem” I coughed, catching both of their attention as they looked at me confused before I soon followed up nervously, “How about we get going, for now, it’s nice meeting you… uhh…” as the violet-haired lady smiled creepily.

 

What was her name again… to think that I would forget at such a crucial time! This is definitely the worst situation to be in… wait, did I even ask for her name, or rather did she even tell me her name in the first place… I don’t think she ever did.

 

“It’s Aurelia,” she said as sweat fell from my forehead before Mana’s grip on my hand tightened, taking me by surprise as I looked at her who seems to be nodding.

 

“Well, I won’t disturb your time. Be sure to visit me at my dorm sometimes, beauties are meant to be protected,” she winked before leaving as a ding entered my ear, stunning me as a window popped out in front of me.

 

The Library
You have completed the side quest, Separate the Sisters. As a reward, here is your hint

to finishing the main quest.

“The stars fell, bringing a cold night to the people; to memorialize that day,
they created tiny glossy balls that reflected the night sky they knew before the fall of the stars.”

 

It was, for once, another vague hint that doesn’t sound handy at all… is it referring to an object, or is it referring to the night skies. There was little context to make up an idea of what the hint was telling, glossy balls could be anything.

 

“Where do you want to go?” Mana’s voice interrupted as I looked at her who was smiling beautifully for some reason, her hair was the same yet there was this odd charm with her. It was like a peaceful and calm feel around her.

 

I guess I’ll think about the hint later, there is still plenty of time left before the end of the day after all. Who knows, maybe it is something that requires night-time to strike?

 

“How about you recommend me some places?” I said before she tilted her head, nodding as the two of us soon started walking towards a street vendor that sold tempuras that were dipped in some kind of sauce similar to soy sauce.

 

After walking a bit, we soon arrived before the vendor where the delicious smell of shrimp assaulted my nostrils as a loud growl exploded from beside me, startling me as I looked at Mana who seems to be blushing.

 

“Were you perhaps hungry for shrimp?” I asked before a notification appeared on the side of my eye, notifying me that the word “shrimp” was automatically translated to the world’s language or Solis term of the dish squilla which is technically Latin.

 

In response, she nodded with embarrassment painted over her face as a chuckle came from the vendor who was deep-frying tempura, “This little lad always comes here after all,” startling me as the vendor who was a bald muscle-head handed Mana a plate filled with tempura that was dipped in soy sauce.

 

“It’s because the food is great…” Mana refuted as she took a bite of the shrimp before closing her eyes in delight as a large smile blossomed on her face before the vendor laughed as he continued deep-frying the shrimp until it was perfectly golden.

 

After deep-frying, he soon took out a plate from somewhere and plucked several shrimps from the deep-fryer and placed them onto the plate before drowning them in some kind of sauce that looks like soy sauce but with some other herbs.

 

“Here you go pretty lad’, be careful. It’s hot,” the vendor said as he handed me the plate before I took it as he went under his cart and grabbed some chairs before placing them before his cart as he gestured us to sit.

 

It was quite unexpected; the people here are very hospitable. I wasn’t expecting such service here, especially when you consider the fact that my original setting of Solis didn’t have much thought about the citizens since we only thought of them as background characters or NPCs.

 

“U arwn’t gueng tu et?” Mana asked whilst munching on her shrimp, sitting on the wooden chair that the vendor provided as I shook my head, grabbing the tempura by its tail as its heat spread around my fingers before I took a bite on it.

 

Immediately, a delicious meaty taste filled my mouth. It was like heaven, the sauce was a bit spicy, but it only complimented the meat; it was also a bit salty and bitter which was the taste of soy sauce, an unbeatable match.

 

“Delish!” I shouted unconsciously as Mana looked at me with her eyes wide open, startling me as a wet sensation touched my cheeks.

 

“Was it delicious enough that you cried?” the vendor asked as a smug face appeared on his face. I was taken aback; it wasn’t because it was delicious but rather… It felt nostalgic… it felt like the dish back on Earth, the sweetness, the bitterness, the saltiness… I felt homesick.

 

But I couldn’t respond with that especially when you consider that no one knows that I am someone of another world, therefore I could only nod and continue eating as slight tears fell from my eyes, reminiscing of the times back on Earth.

 

“I want seconds!” I said after munching all of the shrimp, handing the plate towards the vendor as he smiled, taking my plate before doing the same procedures as Mana also followed afterward before the two of us soon engrossed in our eating session.

 

Time soon passed as an hour, or so I think passed by as we laid our plates on the cart, laying back on the chair as the vendor smiled happily as I suddenly remembered about asking how much each of the tempuras cost… whoops.

We will be meeting a very cute character soon.

- Patreon: https://patreon.com/mihou

- Discord: https://discord.gg/SWj44TB

 

163