Chapter 25. Festival of Eve (3)
3k 31 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I have decided to change my schedule to thrice every two days, are you okay with it?
  • Yes, it is fine! Votes: 25 43.1%
  • No, give me back my daily two-three chapters! Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don't care, just let me spoil Flora. Votes: 31 53.4%
Total voters: 58 · This poll was closed on Jan 17, 2021 07:43 PM.

 

“How much does it all cost?” I asked before Mana took out a paper receipt from a paper bag, handing it to me afterward as I took a look at it. According to the paper receipt, there were a total of twelve items bought totaling about 56 silver coins which is equivalent to 560 USD in my world.

 

Clothing sure is expensive here now that I think about it, especially when you consider the dresses I had bought for Mana costs around five gold coins which were about 50,000 USD. I could buy a sports car or two with that much money.

 

“Are you all done with your errand?” she asked as the two of us sat down on a stool with Flora sitting between us dressed in the same dress.

 

“Yeah, are you both done yet?” I inquired before she shook her head.

 

“The seamstress seems to be making some final adjustments for her. There were a few ones that were a little bit taller for her and some that were shorter, I told them to lengthen it a bit enough to fit her for a few years at most,” she responded.

 

She is really thinking ahead of time. I would normally pick clothes that fit me, otherwise, I would just go with some pants that could stretch and some shirt back in my world, but I guess it would be hard to make one like that here.

 

“How about you, how was your errand? What did you buy?” she questioned while looking at the inconspicuous paper bag I was carrying. I hope she doesn’t see the logo at the very corner of the packaging.

 

“It was fine, I only went to buy some necessities…” I answered before she nodded, looking back at the front as awkward silence surrounded us before the two of us looked at one another at the same time with our mouths open.

 

“Ehem… you can speak first,” I said before she smiled wryly, shaking her head.

 

“It wasn’t much, I was just thinking about sharing expenses, but then I realized… I have no job,” she answered as she looked at me with a troubled look.

 

“The school doesn’t provide scholarships?” I asked before she shook her head.

 

“They only provide the dormitory room, bath, and room mana as well as cafeteria fees…” she answered before I tilted my head. It seems like scholarships aren’t that famous in this medieval world, well in the first place, this world is ruled by nobles after all.

 

“Hmm, don’t worry about the expenses. I think I can handle it by myself, rather, it would be better if you were to not think much about it,” I said before her face turned even more troubled as I smiled until she gave in.

 

The expenses shouldn’t be that much considering that the headmaster is, after all, paying me for these training sessions. Not to mention, the dorm room, bills for electric (or mana fees), water, and food are provided by the school which takes a large pile out of the expenses.

 

“Mwama, when food?” Flora suddenly interrupted, looking at Mana with puppy eyes as Mana looked at her with a stricken look. It was as if her heart was punctured by Flora’s puppy eyes that were incredibly adorable and irresistible.

 

As if asking for help, Mana looked at me with a troubled look as I patted Flora’s head before lifting her up as I stood up and asked, “I’ll treat her to food, the clothes she is wearing should have already been paid, right?” before Mana nodded as I smiled.

 

“Aywumi-ma!” Flora looked at me with shiny eyes almost like I rescued a puppy from a dumpster, she hugged my neck tightly and buried her head onto my shoulder, which was adorable as I looked at Mana and nodded before walking out of the store.

 

“Where do you want to head to first, Flora?” I asked before she looked around, sniffing before pointing towards a certain tempura vendor. It seems like her tastes are similar to Mana as well, not that I don’t mind since Mana has one if not the best preferences food-wise.

 

Following her orders, I soon started making my way towards the tempura vendor before the sight of the bulky man waving his hand while holding a silver tong on his hand. The shop he is handling this time had the painting of a shrimp dipped in soy sauce.

 

“If it isn’t the laddie, where ya partner went?” the man asked as he took out two chairs and placed them on the same spot as usual before he started dipping some shrimp onto flour and dropping it into the deep fryer as it fried.

 

“Well, she is waiting over at the store over there,” I said while looking at the store where Mana is before the man nodded as he looked at Flora and smiled at her before Flora responded back with a smile followed by a tremendous growl.

 

“It seems like you have this cute girl with ya, where ya pick her up?” he asked after dipping several more shrimps onto the deep fryer, letting it fry as he laid back on the wall before Flora shouted at the man all of a sudden.

 

“Flowa isn’t pweked ap!”

 

Both of us were surprised as Flora hugged me tightly, glaring at the man who soon took back his words as he said, “Alrighty! It’s my fault,” before Flora nodded with a proud look as she buried her head onto my shoulder as I smiled.

 

“Though the girl does look like ya laddies a lot, is she a relative?” the man asked as he took out some cooked tempura from the deep fryer, placed them on a small plate, and spilled soy sauce on it before stabbing them with a thick toothpick and handing it to me as I took it.

 

“Well, sort of,” I said after taking the plate before Flora turned around and looked at the tempura with her eyes glowing brightly as another loud growl came from her stomach as she looked at me with puppy eyes.

 

“Aywumi-ma, feed!” she said with an adorable look as I chuckled before plucking off the toothpick from one of the shrimps and grabbing it by its tail instead before feeding it to Flora who opened her mouth adorably as I placed it on her teeth before she crunched it.

 

“Mwmhm!” she said with delight before looking at me once more looking as if she wants more, obeying this spoiled child’s wishes, I took another one and repeated the same thing as the vendor kept providing more until noon struck as Flora finally surrendered, resting on my shoulder.

 

After seeing the girl surrender, the man laughed as hard as he could, “To think that this girl was able to eat more than twenty people’s worth is amusing. Where does all the food go?”

 

“I am amused as well… though I am more scared of the bill,” I said before the man laughed as he patted my head.

 

“No worries, it’s only a silver coin,” he said before a relieved sigh came out from my mouth as I took out a silver coin from my pouch which I had found yesterday and placed it in the shop as he nodded as I stood up from the chair.

 

“Thanks for the meal as always!” I said bowing down as he nodded before I soon started making my way towards the store where a troubled-looking Mana could be seen on the store, talking with the brown-haired lady as I entered the store.

 

“Why did the price double?” Mana’s voice could be heard as the brown-haired lady could be seen smiling wryly as she looked at Mana with a troubled look as well. It seems like trouble has appeared while we were out eating…

I am only doing this to make my total word count to 333,666 words as I said on Discord. Please do not mind! Next chapter in 8 hours

 

 

 

 

123