Chapter 99. Crystal Eve Nonaka
694 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The three of us soon walked down the streets, looking around for stores to shop. Many brands had popped up within the past three weeks which surprised me as all their designs were matching the modern world. It was like a revolution was happening, one in the fashion industry which made me smile.

 

“That’s interesting, these are modern styled right?” Kaori looked at the outfits being displayed in mannequins with interest before turning towards me as if she had some suspicion, “Did you perhaps spark a change in the fashion industry?”

 

On the mannequin was a simple black skirt with a white blouse, the skirt, in particular, was made out of silk which should have been an expensive material in this world since the technique in creating silk is still lesser-known. There are a few shops capable though such as the one I frequent, but these new stores had this silk theme with them.

 

“I only throw blueprints towards the shop I usually frequent, that shouldn’t be enough to spark a change wouldn’t it?” I asked before Kaori looked at me as if I was someone ignorant or dumb, heaving a helpless sigh as she smiled at me.

 

“Normally, it wouldn’t but soon after seeing several people go around the city with these new wonderful dresses… it would definitely spark interest in those old and new designers around to which would then inquire all around the city until reaching the store you’ve frequent,” Kaori responded as we walked inside the store which was filled with beautiful clothing.

 

There were a few that were bland which I could tell were their failed products since they were placed at corners that are less seen, the ones that could be considered their masterpiece were placed at the front line of the pile and those were at most mediocre compared to the shop I frequent into.

 

“Hello! Welcome to our Lonely Abode!” an enthusiastic female voice greeted us before a girl around teenage age popped from the counter, rushing towards us with a salute. The girl had her hair tied in a braided ponytail with a leather apron on her.

 

Kaori went ahead and ignored the girl as she walked around, looking for something before shaking her head as she looked at the girl and asked, “Do you have any clothes that fit children? In particular ones like this girl?” while pointing at the little girl that was being carried by her.

 

The girl stared at the girl with seriousness, her eyes sparkled as she looked at her in several different corners, nodding at each time before turning towards Kaori with glimmering eyes, “This girl has a fantastic body! How come she is dressed in such clothes?!”

 

The little girl soon became spooked by the girl, hugging Kaori tightly which naturally triggered the protective instincts of Kaori who hugged back as she looked at the girl with an indifferent look, responding with a simple.

 

“You don’t have to ask; a simple question should have a simple answer.”

 

The braided girl was a bit stunned from the sudden change of mood from Kaori but regained her composure in an instant which received a thumbs up from me as she responded to Kaori with a professional smile, “We do have, please follow me.”

 

Kaori looked at me and nodded as the girl soon led us to another room which was filled with children's clothing, in particular, ones for girls. There were none for males which was a bit surprising since medieval times would be more centered towards males but then I remembered, females were the ones that cared more about fashion in those times which made sense now.

 

“You can feel free to look around and see which ones you like, all of them have prices ranging from one silver coin to twelve gold coins… so please look at the tag first and see if you can afford the clothing,” the girl said with professionalism as Kaori nodded.

 

“Money is not a problem,” Kaori responded as the two of us wandered around the room, there were multiple beautiful children's clothing, but half of the dresses were not in the modern style rather in the medieval style.

 

There were different styles from gothic to light, the gothic ones were particularly eye-catching, but the lighter colors were like eye-candy, and naturally, the two of us leaned more towards the lighter colors since our client was a cute girl after all.

 

“I really feel like buying the entire catalog…” Kaori suddenly mumbled as she looked at the cute dresses all around, there were a few cute pajamas that had bunnies all around them, overall, it was full of cute outfits which wouldn’t fit Flora at all but would definitely fit the little girl with us.

 

Especially the light ones since the girl had dark-shaded long hair, which was beautiful to look at, but her hair was a bit too long to be considered beautiful by others though. It was also dirty which needed a good bath later.

 

“How about we just buy the entire pile then?” I suggested before Kaori looked at me surprised.

 

“It would cost a lot though, how much do we even have in the budget?” she asked before I took out the little leather bag on my waist, opening it as a pile load of gold coins came to sight. A tiny window appeared before us that indicated the number of gold coins inside.

 

In total, there were around a hundred and twenty-two gold coins which surprised me a bit since I was expecting there to be around twenty coins at maximum since Mana was the one who gave me the leather bag.

 

“Well… we can go that route then since I also have around forty gold coins for emergency reasons,” Kaori said as the little girl looked at us with utter shock. Her face was pale which gave both Kaori and me a heart attack as she rested her head on Kaori’s shoulder.

 

Kaori went and placed her hand on the girl’s forehead as she asked, “What’s wrong?” before the girl looked at Kaori and shook her head before she pointed at the leather bag which had dozens of gold coins.

 

“Are you perhaps overwhelmed by the number of gold coins?” I asked before she looked at me and nodded.

 

“Right… I forgot about that… anyhow, do you have any clothes you like?” Kaori said with a wry smile while looking at the girl before all of a sudden, a cute voice echoed around the room coming from the girl as she pointed at the clothing on the corner.

 

“I want that…”

 

The two of us froze in place over her voice… it sounded like a melody, a warm and calming voice that felt nostalgic as Kaori and I looked at each other and nodded. The two of us were in the same frequency in an instant as we headed towards the clothes on the corner.

 

In an instant, the girl’s eyes sparkled as she looked at the pair of clothes while reaching towards it as Kaori lowered her down before the girl soon walked towards it, grabbing it as she looked at it with a beautiful smile.

 

“It seems like she likes it a lot,” Kaori smiled.

 

The one the girl had picked was a simple white blouse and a pale pink box-pleated skirt which looked harmonious but since it was placed in the corner, it could only mean that the people who manage the shop couldn’t recognize its beauty at all.

 

All of a sudden, the sparkle on the girl vanished as she looked down holding the dress which confused both of us again as we asked, “What’s wrong?” before the girl shook her head.

 

“I hab noh monie…” she responded maturely, looking down with a sad look on her face.

 

“You don’t have to worry about money, feel free to look around as much as you want… we will buy anything you like,” I lowered myself a bit and patted the girl’s head who was a bit surprised but nodded in an instant as she ran around the room, looking at the clothing she was interested from the start.

 

And after an entire hour, the three of us were now out of the stores with Kaori and me holding four different paper bags filled with her clothing. The girl looked a bit embarrassed as she hugged Kaori tightly, hiding her face similar to Flora.

 

Kaori and I simply smiled as we looked at the girl, she was an amusing girl, to say the least… she had this super cute and curious side to her but was overshadowed a lot by her mature side which she usually tries to hide into which made me sad every time I see her turn from a cute and lively girl to a mature, indifferent girl at times.

 

Her mature side was a sign that the people of the slums, streets were people who experienced the worst of life. She was unnecessarily mature for a child; she understood the value of money and chose the ones that were cheap despite staring at the expensive ones at times.

 

It was a complete difference from Flora who understood less of the value of money, this girl was the exact opposite of Flora to be exact. She had control of her emotions, she wasn’t spoiled, and she tries to be reasonable, explaining why she picked something.

 

“Right, do you have a name, and also do you know how old you are?” I looked at the girl and asked before she looked at me and shook her head. Kaori and I were a bit saddened over the fact that she doesn’t know her age since that would also mean she doesn’t know her birthday.

 

“Then from now on, today is your birthday… to be exact, your rebirthday,” Kaori said while hugging the girl tightly who looked confused but nodded as Kaori looked at her and smiled before asking, “Do you have a name in mind?”

 

The girl was a bit surprised but shook her head as she answered, “I… don’t know what’s a name…” which surprised us for the infinite time as she looked at us with a pale look as if she was afraid of us, it looked like she was afraid of being scolded for saying something wrong.

 

I felt my heart ache for her as Kaori kissed her forehead before looking at me as she asked, “Do you have a name in mind for her?”

“I feel like it is your responsibility to name her instead,” I said before Kaori looked at me with a wry smile as she turned towards the girl.

 

“How about Crystal, is that fine?” Kaori inquired as she looked at the girl whose eyes were like crystals.

 

“Crystal…” the girl mumbled before a beautiful smile appeared on her face causing a stream of warm emotions to flood my heart as I looked at her with a warm smile.

 

“Then, you are Crystal from now on… to be exact, Crystal Eve…” I said before she nodded as Kaori looked at me with a pout.

 

“I don’t agree with Eve! I want her to have my last name, Crystal Nonaka!” Kaori rebuked as the two of us stared at each other with sparks before all of a sudden, a cute voice intervened between us.

 

“Caystel Wve Nunoka?” she looked at us with a questioning gaze which struck my heart as Kaori and I looked at each other, nodding.

 

“Yes! From now on, you are Crystal Eve Nonaka!” Kaori said before the girl nodded with a beautiful warm smile on her face, hugging the two of us tightly as a warm sensation filled my heart before a ding echoed inside of my head as a window appeared before us.

 

The Library: Relationship System

[Crystal Eve Nonaka] is now recognized as a member of the Eve family, as the youngest member of the Eve family at five years old, [Crystal Eve Nonaka] will receive an experience multiplier, all statistic boost until she turns eighteen!

 

Kaori and I were a bit surprised but regained our composure over the fact that the system was able to see her age, the girl couldn’t see the window which caused her to be confused as Kaori and I looked at each other and nodded but our shock didn’t end there as another window popped up which caused both of us to pale.

 

The system detected an anomaly with [Crystal Eve Nonaka], the entity is recognized as the only Voice attribute human in the entire universe… the system under the request of the Goddess [Miu] is now requesting host [Ayumi Eve] and companion [Kaori Nonaka] to take care of the special entity

 

33