Chapter 109. The Devil of Ashen (1)
539 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed in a blink of an eye, two weeks moved like the wind and now, Leisha who was gone for her concerts had finally returned to the house. Her expression was devoid of life as she rested on the sofa, pale and exhausted as if her soul was sucked out in its entirety.

 

“Haaa! I only promised one concert, why did it turn into eight?! I only want to laze around!” she screamed, throwing a fat tantrum on the sofa like a child which made all of us look at her with a wry smile. After all, we have to keep in mind that Leisha is supposedly the more mature person among us and for her to throw a childish tantrum must have meant that she really has experienced hell.

 

Mana seeing the tantrum couldn’t help her maternal instincts and walked towards the sofa, sitting on the arm as she patted her while encouraging, “There, there… at least, you don’t have to work now! How about this, I’ll cook you something… what would you want?”

 

“I want sandwiches! As much as possible! I will pay!” she demanded while looking at Mana as if she had seen an angel, tears dripping from her eyes.

 

“Is that so, then I will make it for free… under one condition,” Mana smiled before the childish ‘mature’ girl’s eyes glimmered.

 

“Really?!”

 

Mana nodded before she soon started whispering some stuff into Leisha’s ears, stuff that was deliberately lowered to an extent that I couldn’t hear. After all, Mana knows about the sensitivity of my ears which means she must have deliberately done it.

 

After a while, Leisha soon nodded as Kaori looked around, shivering as she stood beside me, “Why do I suddenly feel chills…” but I shrugged it off as Leisha looked at Mana a bit, her eyebrows frowned as if she was thinking hard.

 

“It’s a deal!” Leisha shouted before a smirk appeared on Mana’s face as she stood up and patted Leisha once more before she looked at us with another beautiful smile that hid her intentions, she was acting a bit suspicious in my opinion.

 

“Do you two have any other requests?” Mana asked.

 

“I’ll take sandwich as well…” I said before the two of us looked at Kaori who also nodded the same.

 

“Then, I’ll make sandwiches for all of us,” Mana smiled before leaving as Leisha soon fell back to the sofa, sleeping while Crystal and Flora played on the corner of the room, the two were enjoying their little toy house together.

 

The two were so adorable and fluffy to look at that even at times, I would suddenly ask myself… Should I invite Sheila and Yui to the house just to see the chaos that will ensue?

 

I mean, the thought is not unusual since Sheila and Yui are both two little girls who have openly showed and even declared their love for Flora… imagine what would happen if suddenly, a younger sister appears who would then beat the two… the chaos is already visible inside of me.

 

“Why are you laughing creepily?” Kaori suddenly backed off with a pale look, as if she had seen a ghost.

 

“I was thinking of a devious plan…” I answered before she looked at me with shock, taking out her sword as she pointed it towards me.

 

“Who are you?! The Ayumi I know would definitely not think of something evil!” Kaori said before I shook my head.

 

“It isn’t an evil plan… to be exact, I was just imagining the chaos that would ensue if I suddenly invited Yui and Sheila who were both chasing after Flora, letting them see how much Flora dotes on Crystal… fufufufu,” I answered before she suddenly trembled.

 

“Ayu-chi! You are evil!” Kaori said before another chuckle left my mouth.

 

“I won’t do it though… I have other stuff to take care of, especially regarding that troubling statement Aurora had given me… I need to plan out a way for Flora and Crystal to be able to leave this city without having to miss their friends…” I smiled wryly.

 

“Right… I heard Crystal has found a friend who was always getting smacked by Flora, that girl seems to hate people coming near Crystal for some reason… possessive,” Kaori showed a wry smile as she looked at Flora who was staring at Crystal with dreamy eyes.

 

All of us except the two have basically confirmed that Flora is one of those types of people who are classified as ‘siscon’ which are basically people who really love their sister. Her actions basically show her siscon nature like from how she wants to take a bath with Crystal, eat together with her and etc. which makes us smile wryly.

 

 I do admit that I am not against her liking Crystal though, especially considering they aren’t really blood sisters, and not to mention, Crystal doesn’t inherit the ‘Eve’ name that was granted to me by the system instead she inherits Kaori’s last name which is ‘Nonaka’ marking her as one from Kaori’s family instead. Their relationship is definitely possible.

 

“Haa… just let her be, it’s either the two will get together in the future or the two will separate by themselves and find someone to cling to… if it’s the former then I will definitely find a way to help them…” I smiled.

 

“Indeed…. Right, I remember receiving a letter this morning from someone that you might know. The letter stated that there is a tiny reunion to be made with people who are ‘close’ with that pink hair, the members invited are Hannah, that pink hair’s older sister apparently, and a few others. Are you going?” Kaori inquired while handing the letter.

 

Taking the letter from her, I soon opened it before a beautiful handwritten note came into sight. The note was filled with traditional noble pleasantries that starts off with describing how the day is and those other cringey stuff before finishing off with the important part which basically translates to ‘We will hold a reunion with fellow schoolmates at Tavern La Silvia on the Eve of the seventeen…’ which is around three days from now.

 

“Hmm… indeed, I do know most of them. I might participate as well since I haven’t come into contact with Mana’s family after that inheritance battle which I have no information now…” I said.

 

“The Fragaria family right? Their family is now split into four factions from what my spies have heard, the first faction which is the strongest is being led by that pinkie’s older sister with the support of the Duke family whose daughter is apparently engaged with that pinkie’s older sister.”

 

“The second faction is led by that pinkie’s auntie who vanished a few months back apparently to elope, coming back to ‘take back what’s hers’ apparently… while the third and fourth faction basically acting as neutrals, forming a blood pact with all factions in which, if ever a situation where a faction will cause the downfall of the family, the two factions will eliminate that faction and take over,” she said.

 

“The third and fourth faction is the most suspicious… you should tell Mana’s older sister to be careful of them,” Leisha suddenly said which surprised us.

 

“Why do you think they are suspicious?” I asked before she opened her eyes with seriousness.

 

“It’s because of the pact… those two will definitely cause something to happen with the winning faction…”

28