Chapter 151. Battle Against a Cerberus!
258 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The Cerberus stared at me for a second before both three heads opened their mouths as balls of fires appeared on their mouths. The fireballs carried this ominous aura around them as the balls became larger each moment.

 

“What an opportunity to test how far anti-magic can take,” I smiled before preparing my scythe as the fireballs became larger and larger until it was large enough as they came flying towards me, without wasting time, I swung my scythe horizontally.

 

The scythe sliced through a straight line at the center of them all, ripping the fireball in halves as I used the opportunity to dash forward towards the Cerberus who was surprised. Adrenaline was catching up to me once again as I stopped a few distances away from the Cerberus, pushing as much force onto my feet before jumping straight towards one of their heads.

 

It felt like time had slowed down as my body floated above the heads of the Cerberus, a sudden flow of knowledge blasted through my mind, reminding me of a certain spell from Solis VR which one of the endgame bosses, a vampire used.

 

[Blood Magic: Assimilation]I spoke before the scythe glowed bright red while I was in the air, vines of blood sprawled from the ground, immobilizing the Cerberus as the vines grew larger before I spun my scythe once with my entire body upside down in the air.

 

After what seems like ten seconds in slow motion, my body soon landed on the Cerberus’s body, touching its ugly and smelly fur as I swung the scythe horizontally, slicing off one of its heads cleanly as the creature growled, “RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!”

 

The entire room shook intensely as I tightly grabbed onto the skin of the Cerberus while it angrily stomped around, creating massive quakes. The creature was going on a rampage, moving around crazily as if trying to get me off its back.

 

“You think you can get me off from here—pathetic,” I smiled before cautiously standing up and jumping up in the air as I imagine spears of blood appearing around me, and like I had expected, spears of blood indeed materialized all around me, carrying a terrifying amount of pressure as my wings materialized, allowing me to fly in the air, “How about being my test bench, for now?”

 

[Blood Magic: Spears of Crisis]” I mumbled while pointing my index finger onto one of the Cerberus’s heads—Indeed, I could theoretically finish this battle off in one go but it’d be no fun that way. I want to experiment a lot with Blood Magic, and this is a perfect opportunity.

 

Obeying my commands, all the spears around me flew straight towards one of the heads of the Cerberus, landing straight on its face before exploding as a large cloud of dust exploded from where the Cerberus was.

 

“RAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRR!” a sudden growl echoed before the gigantic body of the Cerberus came dashing towards me which surprised me a bit as I immediately tried defending with my scythe. The force was too much for my scythe to alleviate though and my body ended up being blasted to a wall.

 

There was no pain from striking the wall, almost like my body was made of some kind of heavy metal which made me laugh inside as I shrugged off the dust from the impact with a bitter smile as I looked towards the Cerberus whose only head was fuming with anger.

 

Its barrage of attacks didn’t stop there as a halo of fireballs appeared around him, firing towards my direction only to vanish after reaching a few inches away from me. The fireballs were weaker than a high-level spell which means it could still be canceled by the skill… it’s amusing seeing how spells even at a high level cannot affect me—I wonder if that involves healing spells.

 

“How about showing me your strongest attack? You won’t work as a test bench if you don’t at least attack me with your strongest,” I pouted which seems to anger the creature a bit, seems like it could comprehend what I was saying as a large amount of mana condensed around him.

 

The mana around him was so condensed that they were materializing slowly but surely, all of them were being moved in front of him as purple lightning suddenly came crashing down everywhere. The temperatures of the room rose as its eyes flashed bright red.

 

“RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR!!!”

 

Almost instantly after it growled, the condensed mana turned into a giant sword that pointed towards my direction. I was amazed by how beautiful the sword was, my inner greed was screaming to grab that sword for myself—adrenaline spiked inside of me as I readied my scythe with a bright smile.

 

“This is what I am talking about!” I shouted with joy as the sword grew together with the intensity of the lightning around the room, the temperature was practically melting the walls of the room already. Even I could feel my body being hot even though I had anti-magic active, “Come at me!”

 

“RAAAAAWRRRRRRRRR!” It screamed before the sword came flying towards my direction as I dashed forward straight towards the sword, readying my scythe before the two of us made contact. My scythe immediately parried the sword upwards, creating a tremendous shockwave that numbed even my hand.

 

The shockwave was so tremendous that even the Cerberus and I were knocked to the other side of the wall, slamming super hard as the boss room basically broke. I was flung back to the cave while the Cerberus was practically bleeding all around as the giant sword became stuck at the roof of the boss room.

 

“Now that’s what I call a battle,” I laughed maniacally while standing up as I looked at the giant crater at the center of the boss room. My hunger for battle was only intensifying as my body unconsciously flashed straight towards the Cerberus, slicing its head as large amounts of blood spilled from its body, “It’s sad though… to think that it doesn’t even have the power to cast another one!”

 

My body thirsted for more battles; it was unlike me to be super hungry for battles. I wasn’t someone who craved for fights every single minute, but this body practically changed me, solidifying my speculation that the two races I have each have their own personality that would integrate with my original personality which belonged to my soul.

 

That means once I turn into my vampiric form, I would become a demon who cries for blood and thirsts for battles while on my Divine Human form, I would become someone who would wish for the wellbeing of the people and become someone like a saint. Two polar personalities… I wonder if this is intended.

 

[Blood Consumption] has started… please expect a wave of pain.

 

All of a sudden, the familiar voice suddenly came warning towards me like before as my body once again screamed in pain but this time, it was even more gruesome. It was like my body was being exposed to nuclear radiation a billion times then opened up with my heart being pierced by scissors.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”

 

The pain didn’t subside even after thirty minutes, it only grew even more intense. My consciousness was practically falling apart but almost like a lock, I couldn’t drown my consciousness… It was like something was keeping me from falling unconscious.

 

[Blood Consumption] complete. You have acquired three levels from defeating one Cerberus, please allocate your skills in the land of memories.

 

“AAAHHHHH!” I kept on crying for two hours before the pain finally subsided as I laid on the floor dead, the meat of the Cerberus was practically gone, leaving only its bones and furs. The blood from the creature had vanished like it was never there.

 

My body twitched; it still remembered the horrifying pain that lasted for two hours straight… I couldn’t even stand up anymore. There was little chance of me standing up within the next three to four hours maybe… which means I have no choice but to take a break—as expected of a supreme race, the disadvantage is demonic indeed.

 

“Now, the question is—what is the Land of Memories and how do I get there?” I asked before the system replied with its usual window.

 

The Library

The Land of Memories is a specially designated land for [Ayumi Ai] created as part of the rewards from [Goddess Miu] which compensates for the loss of the other systems. Inside the Land of Memories, you can trade skill points for levels on a specific skill, items like potions or weapons, currency, or anything you would like.

How to Access the Land of Memories?

To access the Land of Memories, you first have to dive deep into the depths of your soul where the land is located. This requires one to fall asleep for a period of time, dreaming of themselves diving in water until you soon reach the Land of Memories.

 

The Land of Memories seems to be something special then, to think that I would have to dive into the depths of my soul to access it. I wonder if the Goddess implanted that onto my soul which is why I’d have to do some troublesome stuff to access it.

 

Well, now that answers my question of how to level up my skills but then again, I also want to see my current statistics soon. My current level should be around five or six and at level one, I was already able to demolish an S-Rank and at level three was able to overwhelm a Cerberus.

 

According to my knowledge of Solis VR, a Cerberus should be around the levels of 75 which means at level three, my powers were stronger than that of level seventy-five though I have to say, Kaori’s kingdom is indeed unlucky to have a dungeon like this.

 

The other kingdom I lived back in was very peaceful, there were little dungeons around it which made it safer but also made the guild over there pretty useless. I wonder how Mana and the others are faring on the other kingdom though, hearing about her becoming a noble which was something she originally didn’t want makes me a bit worried.

 

I know Kaori has been telling me they are fine, she also assists them from what she said but I am still a bit worried inside since Mana and Flora were especially dependent on me in the past and for me to suddenly vanish from them would have definitely impacted them a lot.

 

Haa… it’s useless to worry, I will know once they arrive in the town,” I showed a bitter smile while on the ground, exhausted. My consciousness was telling me to go to sleep for now and I also felt like sleeping, after all, once the boss is defeated. It won’t respawn until the person inside leaves according to the mechanics on Solis VR.

 

This means, I can sleep inside the boss room peacefully which I ended up doing…

14