Chapter 163. Werewolf & Fiona?!
341 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

We soon exited from the boss room where Fiona immediately lifted her hand in the air before tremendous pressure blasted through the pathway; a mist of purple covered the entire area as sudden horrifying screams crept from the depths of the cave.

 

Crystal immediately paled as she heard the screams of pain that came from the cave, she clung onto Kaori’s dress who patted the little girl’s hair as if she was reassuring her. The screams continued on as we stood at the same spot until Fiona lowered her hand as the mist soon vanished.

 

“The entire pathway should be clear now,” she said.

 

All of us were speechless since her method of killing all the monsters was pretty unique; Kaori and maybe Mana as well could also replicate that, I do know for a fact that Kaori could with her infinite flying swords, but her swords are still far different from Fiona’s way.

 

The part that is different is you literally cannot dodge Fiona’s area of effect attack since it’s a literal mist… unless you dispel the mist which I bet should be hard considering that you are also pressured heavily by Fiona’s aura which is practically high enough to make most monsters and humans fall to their knees, there is literally no escape from death at that point.

 

“I wonder if I could survive that mist,” I looked at Fiona with a wry smile.

 

“You certainly can since vampires is a very unique race that has been thought as extinct for many years now, the race has natural anti-magic protection on their bodies and they are supreme in physical and magical strength which made them the strongest race that could surpass dragons,” she explained, “My mist falls into magic which means it is super ineffective against vampires.”

 

“Vampires sure is overpowered to an exaggerated amount in this world,” Kaori laughed, “I wonder if that has something to do with the Goddess being a fanatic of vampires to the extent that she also wanted Ayumi to become one but through a roundabout way since she knows Ayumi would definitely not agree.”

 

“That is possible. The other choice I was given was another human race but with nearly all the abilities already existing in my human form unless I want to waste an opportunity like some idiot then I would definitely choose this race,” I chuckled.

 

“Anyhow, how about we start moving?” Mana suggested as all of us looked at one another and nodded.

 

We soon started walking towards the boss room at a leisure speed since there was no need to rush now that all the monsters are defeated. Crystal kept looking around the pathway that was crowded with corpses of werewolves which you can already tell is influenced by the boss waiting for us.

 

All monsters of the dungeons are based on what kind of bosses are hiding inside the boss rooms, take, for example, the first layer was filled with zombie wolves—while they might not be extremely similar to the lightning wolf—is still of the same race, a wolf.

 

There are exceptions like Fiona’s dungeon which is an exception simply because Fiona herself isn’t some kind of natural monster, her dungeon is funnily enough, artificially made in a sense since she was once human and didn’t start off as a monster.

 

After a few moments of walking, we soon reached the doorstep of the boss room where the three of them looked at each other for a second before nodding as both Mana and Kaori looked at me with a smile as Mana spoke, “Make sure not to let the children get hit by something.”

 

“It’s a given,” I said before the two of them nodded as they soon faced the door and with all of their hands pushed the door wide open before torches hanging on the walls lit up simultaneously, revealing a hairy white werewolf with bright red eyes and black claws that looks extremely sharp.

 

Kaori didn’t wait and immediately summoned a giant pile of swords around her as the black sword that she showed back on the little tea party materialized in front of her, taking it with her right hand as she swung the sword straight at the werewolf.

 

The swing caused a visible black sword slash to appear, flying straight towards the werewolf as a thousand swords followed after the slash. The werewolf sensing the danger immediately tried to evade which succeeded in a sense as it managed to escape the pathway of the sword slash but…

 

Almost like a missile, all the swords curved, changing their trajectory path with the aim focused straight on the werewolf. Possibly because it noticed that it couldn’t escape the swords, the werewolf’s claws immediately glowed bright red as it ran straight towards the swords, swinging its arms like a cat.

 

My body somehow felt like dashing towards the werewolf and killing it for myself, but I endured the sensation as the werewolf soon came into contact with the group of swords, creating loud clangs as its claws clashed with many swords, breaking some while also injuring itself.

 

“How about lending some help, the two of you?” Kaori laughed a bit as she looked at Mana and Fiona.

 

“You can already handle the situation yourself,” Mana responded.

 

“Indeed though I can tell that the situation will drastically change in a few seconds,” Fiona replied as all of their attention returned back to the werewolf who was being slashed by many swords, creating wounds all around its body as it continued to try and break through the seemingly endless wave of swords.

 

It looked like the end for the werewolf—that is until it suddenly growled super loud that it activated my anti-magic protection together with the defense arrays of both Flora and Crystal which managed to sustain the sudden fluctuation of mana around us.

 

Fiona and the others were also fairing well but their eyes were pinned at the werewolf with Kaori looking at it with a bit of surprise. All of her swords were broken which is why she was a bit surprised but maybe because she was already anticipating something like that, she immediately regained her composure.

 

“I’ll be moving first…” she said before tightening her grip on her sword as she dashed forward.

 

“Careful,” Mana spoke as she took out her flute before a warm aura exploded from her body while Fiona’s eyes glowed as she flew straight towards the werewolf, following after Kaori as the two soon made contact with the werewolf.

 

Almost immediately, Kaori swung her sword at the werewolf, causing a shockwave to erupt from the clash as Fiona appeared behind the werewolf and kicked its back while attempting to pierce its back with her nails.

 

The werewolf also sensed Fiona’s attack and immediately blocked her nails with its feet which kind of surprised me a bit as a thick bright red aura erupted from the werewolf as Kaori immediately retracted her other hand before a white sword appeared on her hand, stabbing it straight towards the werewolf.

 

“AWOOOOOO!”

 

Her sword managed to pierce straight towards the chest of the werewolf as the creature growled with its blood-red eyes shining super bright before Kaori and Fiona immediately vanished from their spot, returning back to Mana as Kaori shouted, “NOW!”

 

Mana receiving Kaori’s signal started blowing air onto her flute as music notes left her flute, the music notes flew towards the werewolf, encircling it as the creature grew in size tremendously. Its body started to inflate as it suddenly punched the ground where a handle of what seemed to be a stone sword came into sight.

 

“It’s going to move into rage mode!” Kaori screamed, “Mana, attack immediately!”

 

Mana frowned a bit but immediately listened as the musical notes that came out from the flute increased in speed before the entire werewolf was surrounded in a tornado of musical notes that looked like some kind of array.

 

Kaori could be seen sweating a bit as she tightened her grip on her dual sword before she looked at Fiona who nodded at her as the two of them vanished from their spots altogether. The musical notes that covered the wolf suddenly started moving from their original location, creating a giant magic circle that encompassed the wolf who was looking at it with confusion.

 

All of a sudden, Kaori’s and Fiona’s figure appeared out of thin air, Kaori who was up in the air jutted her black sword forward as the werewolf immediately reacted by trying to block it with its sword but all of a sudden, Kaori’s figure vanished as Fiona instead reappeared below where Kaori was supposed to be, kicking the werewolf in the stomach.

 

The werewolf was surprised and was knocked back where Kaori suddenly appeared behind the werewolf, pushing her two swords at the same time towards the chest of the wolf before she shouted, “ACTIVATE!”

 

All of a sudden, the werewolf whose chest was pierced with two swords was suddenly covered in fresh, bloody wounds all over its body. The wolf looked confused and immediately tried swinging its sword in a rampage, moving its body around as Kaori held onto her swords as much as she could.

 

Fiona was immediately in a tough spot as she tried to block each strike from the giant stone sword that the wolf carried, the two were in a stalemate as more wounds kept on appearing on the wolf’s body before out of the blue, Fiona suddenly blinked which caused her to miss one attack that came from the wolf.

 

“NO!” Kaori shouted as the sword immediately struck Fiona on the stomach causing her to fly to the side as Kaori watched with her eyes wide open.

 

“DON’T LET GO OF THE SWORDS,” Mana shouted.

 

Fiona who was knocked unconscious on the wall was bleeding all around her as Mana placed her lips on the flute again and started sweating hard as the wolf went on a rampage, smashing everything around it while Kaori bit on her lips as she tried to hold onto the swords as much as she could.

 

The aura around Mana was slowly decreasing at a rapid rate as more and more wounds appeared on the wolf which made me curious as to why she made Kaori continue to cling onto the two swords that is until the wolf moved a bit to the side where I could see the two swords shining with Mana’s aura.

 

“I see… a medium to make the spell’s effect more effective,” I nodded.

 

It seems like Kaori’s sword is acting as a medium to allow Mana’s spell to also attack the insides of the wolf since her spell would be going through only the exterior of the wolf which is pretty tough. The three of them did have perfect coordination until Fiona blinked which ended with her failure.

 

After nearly a minute, Kaori could now be seen visibly tired as she unconsciously let go of her sword which made her pale in an instant as the wolf immediately reacted as if it noticed Kaori falling off from its back.

 

“KAORI, RUN!” Mana shouted as the aura surrounding her grew faint before her legs gave up as she fell to the floor exhausted, sweating with a pale face as she looked at Kaori who was on the ground also exhausted with her eyes wide open.

 

The wolf turned around and rose its giant sword up in the air before time slowed down as I immediately ran between the two attacks, materializing my scythe before time returned back to normal as I parried the sword attack with my scythe.

 

“The three of you did badly well,” I laughed, “I guess it’s my turn to be the one who protects the two of you, isn’t it?”

 

Noticing the attack being parried, the wolf growled angrily as it tried to swing its sword at me again, but it was futile as I instantly maneuvered my scythe’s blade to strike the center of the stone blade, causing a shockwave to burst out from the scene as the sound of a certain stone sword exploding into pieces echoed throughout the boss room.

 

Without wasting the remaining force from the clash, my hands moved to change the trajectory of the scythe, coming straight towards the neck of the wolf as I cast without changing two different attack types Blood Magic: [Blood Magic: Assimilation], [Blood Magic: Grimreaper].

 

The spells attached themselves to the blade of the scythe as the blade sliced through the wolf’s neck—which should have been tougher than adamantine—like butter. Blood rained down almost instantly after the wolf’s head left its body which tumbled to the floor like some lifeless mannequin as the familiar voice echoed once more.

 

[Blood Consumption] has started…. Please expect a wave of pain.

 

Almost instantly, pain rushed towards me like an endless wave of snakes biting onto my body. A bubble of blood materialized itself around me, blocking Kaori who was looking at me with her eyes wide open from coming near.

 

My body screamed yet despite the horrendous amount of pain my body was experiencing… I couldn’t scream no matter how much I wanted to. My throat was somehow blocked this time, I could only bite my tongue, gripping my hands together as the feeling of an endless tsunami of snakes biting onto every part of my body continued to swarm me.

 

My fingernails dug onto the palms of my hands, causing them to blood as I fell to my knees, tears falling from my eyes before twenty minutes soon passed by in a blink of an eye as I tiredly fell to the floor with my head first, looking at the ceiling with a bitter smile.

 

[Blood Consumption] complete. You acquired one level from defeating one Rain Werewolf, please allocate your skill points in the Land of Memories.

 

I was already getting used to experiencing the pain… not allowing me to scream is kind of cruel of them, to be honest… at the very least, let me scream from the pain so I can let out my emotions more, the Goddess is pretty cruel to not allow that.

 

“Ayumi…” Kaori and Mana both stood out from the bubble as it slowly vanished.

 

“Mama, are you okay?” Crystal immediately jumped straight towards me, crying as I looked at the girl with a smile.

 

“I am always okay…” I responded before she hugged me tightly while Flora looked at us with some odd gaze… it was like the brown-haired girl was jealous of Crystal being able to hug me which kind of felt weird, “Flora… come here, don’t be jealous of your younger sister when you could always hug me as well!”

 

The now mature girl looked surprised and blushed as she replied, “I am not jealous… I just want to hug Aywumi-mwa.”

 

“Elder sister should really go back to being childish!” Crystal looked at Flora with a snicker before she pouted, “You always try to be mature after Mama suddenly vanished! Now that Mama is here, you still try to be mature even though you really want to be childish!”

 

“I am not!” Flora rebuked.

 

“Yes, you are!” Crystal cheeks puffed even more.

 

“Fine! I am…” Flora gave up and puffed up as Mana and Kaori both looked at the two girls with a chuckle.

 

“The two of you should just stop fighting and let Ayumi rest peacefully, it seems like she is super tired from experiencing pain,” Kaori showed a bitter smile as the two girls averted their gazes, “Right… Ayumi, we got a bit of a problem.”

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked while still static on the floor, hugged by this cute black-haired Crystal.

 

“Well, it seems like your little servant has somehow turned into a little girl after being smashed on a wall,” Kaori showed a bitter smile as her eyes looked towards her side where a little brown-haired semi-naked girl stood.

 

“Wha—what?!”

9