1-Artificialia de regibus
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[year 3002]

The night was foggy , such a thing was but a normal occurrence to mark, but for some reason he felt a chill creep down his spine.

'*urgh* Is it just me or is the weather getting cold? Maybe winter is coming sooner this year'

*snap*

Mark is proud of his courage , while he isn't the bravest person out there he surely is not a coward... But the mixture of the winter's cold, the dark of the night and the fog in the air with the sound of a branch breaking was enough to crush the courage he had been proud during his short 16 years of life.

The young man looked at his surroundings with fear visible on his face , if he had a weapon of any kind, even just a stick, maybe he wouldn't be so scared of walking in these parts of the town at night but he forgot his knife at work. 

"I.. Is someone there?" 

° ° °

'No one answered, was it just my imagination?... It must have been because of the stress' 

*audibly squeezes fists* 

'I shouldn't have come, those guys only want to use me..... But I made a oath four years ago that I would... "

While Mark was distracted on his own thoughs someone sneaked behind him and with trained movements he.... 

°

°

°

...clapped on Mark's back scaring the shit out of him

"Holly fu-" 

"Language mark" 

"oh its just you Carl *sigh* you scared the shit out of me... So how's the *cough* family?" 

"We're doing alright, my wife is pregnant and I'm... Just a little tired due to work. 

What about you mark are you still working at Pedro's place?" 

Pedro's place was an Illegal casino by the Docks, mark has been working there since he lost his parents at the age of 12. In the beginning he could only work as a cashier but with time he grew to be quite muscular so Pedro decided that it would be a good idea to make him a bouncer.

 Mark being only 16 and the job has a bouncer in that kind of... establishment... being dangerous didn't stop Pedro from making him a bouncer. 

" yeah just got out of work, just last night I got promoted now I'm a bouncer.. I GAIN AN ACTUAL SALARY" 

'My first salary I'm so happy... Die of envy Carl hahaha' 

"Sooo your happy becouse after working for years to that asshole he finally decided to pay you a minimal wage? You gotta drop that life man."

"Carl *mark said with a sad voice* you know I own Pedro my life, not only did he save me from the "accident" but he also gave me food, job and a place to stay even though he only knew my father for 3 weeks.... It's true that sometimes I think about getting my running shoes on and run away from all this mess, I though about that earlier but... I own the man to MucH" 

*squeezing fists*

"...In all my 23 years of life I never saw a moron bigger than you, but it's your life and as your friend I gotta respect your choices even if I matter-of-factly COMPLETELY disagree with you" 

"Thanks bro, I'm going to head home now.... Unlike a luky guy I don't have an Alice that gets home from work half an hour earlier than me to bring the groceries, so if I want to eat I need to go and cook" 

"yeah, go do that ...think about what I said while you're at it, OK?" 

"Sure" 

'Even if I ran away it's not like there's anywhere I can go... For now.'

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Ah, home sweet home, now it's time to go get some work done" 

That what he called it but to any other person it would be confused with a "crack house" 

The cement walls were old and the wooden floor was moldy the only thing preventing the place from being inhabitable due to all the trash around the house was the broken window, preventing the smell from entering, which looked like it would be reduced to atoms with a *snap* but to someone like Mark this house was his paradise, a place where he doesn't have to deal with Pedro or any other person really.

He didn't have a computer, damn he didn't even have a freaking calendar what more a computer.

What he did have was a book, an old book given to him by his father before his death it contained two things.. 

One of them being a tale about 5 artifact called artificialia de regibus, the "artifacts of the kings" , in the tale each Artifact was originally a belonging of a different king during the Ancient Era, after their death the Artifacts have been in the possession of multiple host's all over the world.

 Each Artifact chooses their host In a different way, and no one knows how to tell them apart from normal clothes or objects, although there is a rumor going on the street that the <singularities> on the <Fused> existence level can tell them apart, but in the end that's just a rumor and it's truthfulness is questionable at best. 

All Mark knew about the Artifacts was that :

1) One person can only have one Artifact. 

2) The artifacts chose the host not the other way around.

3) The artifacts have a purpose. (what it is mark doesn't know)

4)Each artifact represent a virtue of a king, it is said that only those wich posses one of these virtues can have an artifact. 

[The 1°name was chosed by the first owners of each artifact. 

The 2°name was chosed by the artifacts themselves. ]

° The walking shoes. // shoes of moviment 

° where's my super suit? // suit of..... 

° Never gonna give you up // crown of promises 

°...

°.... 

The rest is most likely in the pages that were missing from the book ... Unfortunately Mark's dad died before he could ask him what happened to them. 

That bring us to the second topic the reason behind his parents, Joseph and Mary, death at the hands of Pedro....

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

This book has magic (different system from usual novels *?murmurs*{go read the auxiliar paragraph} ) shamans etc... And it has a Mc with COMMON SENSE *wink* 'I hope ?' 

This book is being written as I go so if there's anything you would like to change I'm willing to accept suggestions, except on this :

1)No harem 

2)Courage is not the same as stupidity 

3)My Mc will get afraid at times but he will also overcome some of his fears 

4)He won't kill for necessity or out of boredom only vengeance or when he believes it's the right thing to do but he also won't be a Beta Japanese mc

5)He will be strong (with time) but he won't be the most op guy in the world. 'At least I think he won't ?' 

6)If I find a mistake or an action that my Mc did that was so idiotic that I couldn't tell if I was Sober when I wrote it then I might go back and change the plot so be ready to come back and see things you don't remember reading. 

7)romance is a option but even if it appears it will just be on the background developing through the narrative of the story... I don't want my story to end like those stories that kill themselves by writing romance or smut scenes. 

This story happens in a world where technology is just a little behind ours, magic {go read the auxiliar chapter for more info} exists and so does all the other fantasy mumbo-jumbo. (With a personalized set of rules and different names.... if you want me to change anything about it later just give me a good enough explanation on why I should do what you want)

0