8.3 Austin is Set Straight by the Fairy
270 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait!" I said, holding up my hand before she could start telling me to do stuff. "Can you at least explain some things first?"

<What do you think I was going to do, you nimrod?>

Her and her insults. I think it was about time I started giving back, too! "I don't know, fat wings, something rude like you always do?"

The fairy flushed, rising further as her wings caught on fire. Her tiny hands balled into fists which, obviously, also lit up with her strange blue fire. <What did you just call me?>

"Nothing," I backpedaled. No way, no how was my pride worth being set on fire for. I could take a couple of insults. Who couldn't? I'd been bullied back in high school; I was used to it. "No need to get so aggressive. What were you going to say? Hmm?"

She huffed, releasing her flames. <I was going to say that, in the time I'd been gone, I'd learned a couple of things from some cousins in...other professions.>

"Like?"

She waved a hand dismissively. <Helping newborn dungeons and the like; it's nothing serious. But dungeon cores are similar enough to you that the information I got out of them was enough to give me an idea of what going forward would be like for you.>

"That's great!" Finally, I wouldn't have to blunder around in the dark! I loved having people tell me stuff instead of using my brain. It's so much easier that way. Although, I'd probably have to enact my revenge without the fairy's assistance. Telling her what I planned would kind of ruin the point. Hmm. Maybe if I phrased it like I was trying to get revenge on somebody else that could work...

<Did you learn anything while I was gone?> the fairy asked, taking me out of my musings. She gestured towards the monkey. <Besides what went on with that thing?>

Nun rolled in his sleep, releasing my left arm in favor of grabbing hold of my right one. He put his thumb in his mouth like a pacifier and sucked away at it.

Aw. What a cutie.

"Yes, actually, I did! I found out that there are a lot more things that I can build for this sect by saying 'Sect Buildings'."

She nodded. <One less thing I have to teach you, then. Okay, so, I want you to say 'Select Project' and then Cultivator Summoning Altar.>

I followed her instructions and a text box appeared in front of my face.

⌈Project 'Cultivator Summoning Altar' set.⌋

Instead of disappearing, like every other text box had done so far when I dismissed it, this one faded toward the corner of my vision. When I re-focused on it, another text box had appeared.

⌈Cultivator Summoning Altar progress:

Resources: Large Stone x1, Offering Bowl x1, Summoning Formation x1

Builders: None⌋

This is mighty handy. I wouldn't have to keep saying 'sect buildings' every time I wanted to look at what I want to build right now! And, well, knowing who's building what is important, too.

<Good,> the fairy murmured, right next to my ear.

I jumped. How had she gotten so close so fast? And how come I couldn't hear her flying towards me? Her silent wings are way too convenient! Maybe that's part of her cultivation, too? I couldn't really see her as an assassin but tiny women who could move silently through the air and just set people on fire seemed like a good bit to me.

Shaking my head, I muttered, "Don't do that."

She looked at me incredulously. <Do what?>

"Fly silently! Makes me think you're trying to sneak up on me or something."

The fairy threw her head back and cackled. I shied away from her, shielding my ear from her loud ruckus.

Ugh. Stupid fairies and their inability to be smacked by my hands!

9