[Interviews with BL Authors] : MatchaMilk
189 10 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

✿✿✿

 

The Belated April Interview with our BL author ^^. Yes, it is trying to squeeze itself in the door before the May Newsletter comes out and it can no longer count as an April Interview. Why not just wait and make it a May Interview, then?

clear.png

Because it is to commemorate the fact that this author's book was completed recently! And see -- it will seem far less recent if we give it in May than April? Okay?? (Bear with us, pls ^^).

 

With that said -- DO NOT FORGET that the May Newsletter with our new chibis comes out tomorrow! And that our Spring Short Story Anthology comes out... right now? ^^

Check it out if you like a good mix of steamy, gory, fluffy, and funny stories with BL at the forefront!

 

All comments and further questions to the author are welcome because while we did try to ask the questions we felt the readers might want to know most, we probably missed something. So that's where you come in—the actual Readers of BL on ScribbleHub!

Please do not be shy, and if you happen to be, you can send us questions by PMs and we will ask them discreetly in the comment section ourselves \(^v^)/.

 

 

This interview's author is MatchaMilk -- an amazing author who publishes consistently and finishes their books! (No hiatuses with this author! \(*o*)/ Wonderful stories and plenty for you to binge since one of them is already completed ^^).

The story in question whose completed status we are celebrating here is Shameless Transmigration: I Turned Everyone on! -- and since we're already here -- check out the newest story of this author on their account here on Scribbly ^^. It will be just as amazing as the first one, and we wish it luck!

 

 

 

 

BLBL Interviews

#8

MatchaMilk

 

 

 

 

✿✿✿

 

 

 

How did you get into writing BL?

 

Honestly, I can't remember at all how I got into BL, but I know what made me want to write a BL story. The side story of svsss of airplane bro the author and the villain aka luo binghe's dad. The humour in that and airplane's character are just so hilarious that I was like, damn I gotta write something like this as well. Now, here we are, writing a bs story that's BL but also not and now working on the second book of the series...

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Among your own stories, do you have a favorite? Why? Why not if you can't pick one?

 

Haha, out of all my stories (altho I only have one published here) it's definitely this BL one whose name I refuse to write because it's super cringy and I will forever regret naming it like this. Please silently crucify me for my bad naming sense...
The reason why I like it is definitely the comedy, the lightheartedness and the characters. All my other stories are rather dark, sometimes gory, tragic, full of suffering etc you get the gist. So this one was very refreshing (altho it does have a small arc that's rather darker in tone) and I'm very surprised what an absolutely, unbelievably funny person I am capable of writing such a masterpiece that's the embodiment of humour (yes, that was sarcastic haha)

 

✿✿✿

 

 

What do you like most about BL?

 

To be honest, I don't like romance at all, however, there's something about BL that just makes me want to root for the couple. I think what I like most about it is the way it's written, the way the relationships are developed and unfold. The kinks, 'forbidden' things, plot developments or relationships are portrayed a certain way that appeals to my taste, and it doesn't shy away from certain themes or plot use that can be seen as dark, immoral or 'bad', forbidden. Ah, I don't know how to explain it but now I seem like a total perverted weirdo or my guilty pleasures are rather....?

 

✿✿✿

 

 

As a reader, what are your favorite BL novels?

 

Honestly, I could just ramble on and on about all of my favourite novels, away with all the other questions! No place for you here! So bear with my little essay here.

Definitely hands down two of my favourite novels in general are 'The Earth is Online' and now 'Card Room'. Both of them are just so good I can't describe them in words. Like the kind of good that drenches your whole body in honey and after you wash it away, voila smooth and supple skin (yeah, that didn't make sense). Both novels are, to be honest quite similar (card room is a bit more lighthearted tho) and less focused on romance, there's very little of it in there, but they care more about the plot and that's what I like. I'm kinda into those survival games, horror and (post) apocalyptic stories and those two fit perfectly. The MCs and MLs (as well as the side characters) are great (such power couples) and the overall rising stakes of the story makes you excited and wanting more.

Another BL novel I came to like, I just finished reading it, is 'Escape Infinite Chambers'. It falls into the darker genres as well but the plot is very good and I'm still broken from the ending or the story overall. I know there are some people who don't like it due to some problematic things in the beginning but I think after closing an eye about it, the rest of the story will leave you wanting more. I still won't forgive the author for the ending tho, it's a HE, but still, I'm completely shattered...

Let me squeeze another thing in, I really like Meatbun doesn't eat meat as an author. Her story 2ha, I did like but there was too much suffering and vicious knives for me to have it as my favourite, but what I absolutely adore about the story is the author's damn godly smut writing ability.
I'm sorry, I know the smut in the chapters are rather non-consensual but it's 'forbidden' and is perfectly my taste. I tried reading her other novel but haven't gotten far so I don't know how the smut fares there but dammit, meatbun ruined me, I've read some other BL where the reviews say the smut is written great but honestly none of it can compare to meatbun's writing ability! I'm thirsty for the way she describes the steamy scenes ugh (if anyone knows amazingly written BL smut, do let me know~)

 

✿✿✿

 

 

What is the scene or moment you are most proud in the entirety of your story (ies)? Some stylistic writer accomplishment or a plot twist or a specific character? Something that was super hard to write or something you just adore to death for no reason whatsoever? Why?

 

Will I be bragging if I say the entirety of the story is what I'm proud of? Honestly, I always thought I wasn't a funny person, so it surprised me to see that people find it hilarious. Of course, there are also a lot of things I do regret and wish I would've written differently, but I adore this story a lot. The thing I'm most proud of is when the villain is revealed, like hell, I got no idea how I managed to write those two chapters and pulled off a plot twist like this. It still baffles me what my brain was thinking the entire time I was writing this story.

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Make a tiny character theater here where the MC and ML of your main (or most favorite) story meet with you, the Author, for the very first time. What would they tell you if they knew what you did to them throughout the book! ( ノ ¬ Д¬)ノ

 

Profanities and crude language below, sorry, also don't get confused about the names of the characters...it's supposed to be comedy *cries*

Frozen Milk: I see... I see, see, see...

Author (Me): ... what do you see?

Frozen Milk: *slowly stands up from the chair, walks to author, puts his hands on author's shoulders* *suddenly eyes turn bloodshot* I see that... you fucking piece of rotten wood are responsible for this brilliant creator's, me here, misfortune! What did you think you are doing huh? Did you drink an abundance of energy drinks, jumped from a bridge, ripped out your heart, had to sell your soul to the devil, flushed down your poop the wrong way so that it floated up and up and up again, to create such a fucking shitty trash story? Did a small misfortune of yours justify your sadistic crave to make the entirety of my life hell?

Author: *sweats* I... don't think your life is that bad though...

Frozen Milk: I can see it again... the absolute bullshit you're splattering everywhere! Screw you! How dare you be my fucking author! How dare you be my creator! How dare such a twisted scum like you pretend to be our god! I hate you! My life isn’t bad? You go and try to save your tiny ass hole from being plunged, widened, ripped apart by ferocious characters that are way too godly for a normal human body to take! You go and try to endure a crappy, fucking AI system trying to establish dominance over the whole universe and endlessly enjoying your misery as its brain feeding entertainment! You go and try to-

Prota: Frozen Milk? Who is this? Where are we?

Frozen Milk: You still remember when I told you guys you were all created by me, the most brilliant author? Apparently, that piece of shit over there is the real creator, fucking creating me!

Author: So Prota is the ML?

Frozen Milk: Shouldn't you know it! You are the goddamn author! Get a grip, you're worse than me! I wonder how you didn't get transmigrated by your own blackened readers yet!

Prota: I'm the ML? Really? Frozen Milk!

Frozen Milk: Stop hugging me!

Prota: Author, since you're the author, clone Frozen Milk 5000 times, please! So, I can do him all night. No, wait! Give Frozen Milk the endurance of being bedded 5000 times a night!

Frozen Milk: *coughs blood*

Vil: *suddenly appears* I'm the true ML. Author make Frozen Milk a super sadist, please.

Glimpse Water: *appears as well* No, make father have certain lusting tendencies towards his son her-

Frozen Milk: No inc***! Even if we aren't related!

Holbe: *appears* Author, my hubby should only belong to me!

Bro: *appears* Author, I'm allowing you to make my creator a perverted M.

Mr A: *Appears* No, author make Frozen Milk my willing FL!

Author: *sweats* I... can see... as well... now...

Frozen Milk: Once I really appear in your world, wait for me to obliterate you! *is being suffocated by all suitors*

Author: *sweats gallons of water* hahaha...haha...ha

 

✿✿✿

 

 

Do you have recurring motifs or themes in your BL stories? Something you're obsessed with or in general want to explore more?

 

Let me just answer this very badly and be hated by my characters:

Making the shou suffer from an abundance of wild (handsome) hyenas wanting to tear him down, and trying to find a way to keep his chrysanthemum safe.

 

 



 

Thank you, MatchaMilk!

 

Wish you good luck in finishing your next story and then publishing more and more of them here! We need more people like youuu who finish their stories and let the readers binge to their heart's content! ^^

 

Bye and see you in the new Newsletter and in the Anthology! Yay!

(●‿●)/

 

 

13