BLBL Newsletter [6] : July 2021
271 16 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - JULY 2021

Welcome to the July 2021 edition of the BLBL Newsletter \(≧▽≦)/

The contents of this newsletter is as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. BL & Writing Workshop on Saturday 24th July 2021
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (May and June)
  3. BL author news
  4. Who are the chibis?
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. BL in the wider media
  7. Fun corner
  8. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. BL & Writing Workshop

On Saturday 24th July 2021, the BL Palace will be hosting our very own one-day workshop on writing and BL!

The workshop will be run entirely on the BL Palace discord server

i.e., talks will be hosted via one of voice chat channels, and attendees can communicate with each other and the panelists/speakers on the server. There are a selection of speakers and talks, so please check it out!

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (May and June)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

 

[BL] Spring Is in the Air! by BL Palace

198 k | 32 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Slice of Life, Smut, Supernatural, Tragedy

Spring is upon us and so is love. Delve into our tales about Boy's Love that blossom in springtime.

Hop from a steamy office love triangle to romantic entanglement between mystical beasts. An alpha might accidentally crush on another alpha, a case of mistaken identities! Or perhaps a tale of an ice cold scientist and hot-headed thug might suit your fancy? Don't miss out, for there are many more stories of love in spring...

 

Spring Cleaning by sunyagracebold

6 k | 1 ch | Romance, Slice of Life

Spring has arrived and with it comes the traditional day of Kringt, the Spring Cleaning. A day that holds special meaning to the couple of Duft and Stinde.

Where Faith Leads Us

 

Where Faith Leads Us by sunyagracebold

22 k | 5 ch | Adventure, Romance

When the traveler Mu So arrives in the city of Lald, he seeks shelter with the priest Nilgu in the temple of Jel. Just one night there and he bears witness to the bloody conflict with the opposing temple that puts both their lives in jeopardy. But there is an inside story to everything and Mu So refuses to leave without even trying to save the priest’s life.

Winter’s Spring (Cultivation BL)

 

Winter’s Spring (Cultivation BL) by CynicalStrawberry

16 k | 8 ch | Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Romance, Slice of Life

What would you do if you cultivated in closed doors for eight hundred years only to discover that the world had completely changed? The forest is replaced by buildings and cultivators have integrated into the secular world. But most importantly, the little cutie that would follow you challenging you has given up on his cultivation and gone off to be a celebrity! This is a problem, a missive problem, discipline is necessary.

Short, sweet, icy cold gong X fiery tsundere shou

Love, Again

 

Love, Again by LauraSFox

114 k | 26 ch | Drama, Josei, Romance, Smut, Supernatural

There is personal, and then, there’s stuff that’s not personal. Boundaries are good to have, and Mason Knight believes he knows the difference well, as he has known for a long time. That, until one weird day, he finds himself moved by music, jumped by a man who could make the heavens sigh with his looks, and … what else? Ah, a ghost suddenly wants to keep him company. Mason doesn’t believe in ghosts, except this guy, well, he seems pretty much real.

Appearances BL

 

Appearances BL by Goldfigure

36 k | 46 ch | Comedy, Drama, Mature, Romance, School Life, Slice of Life, Smut, Sports

Denji is at the pinnacle of his high school career with the perfect grades, the best girlfriend, supportive friends, and star of the baseball team. However, what happens when Denji discovers a secret that just might ruin everything.

Papa [BL]

 

Papa [BL] by kin0monogatari

43 k | 31 ch | Drama, Mature, Psychological, Seinen, Smut

There are all kinds of forbidden love. But this is the hazardous of them all. Lucca appears to be in love with his own father. He’s done fighting against his own demons. It’s time for him to give in to them. If he can’t have his father, killing him is the only way he’ll keep him.
"If you could spread your legs for me, that would've been nice, Lucca," he said. "Either that, or you'll be swimming in his blood," he warned, pointing his finger over to the other person and Lucca knows he has no choice. From lust to revenge, a struggle between hatred and love, and the quest for his own sanity, Lucca must make a choice.

Denial is the Way

 

Denial is the Way by RJMidnight

87 k | 60 ch | Adult, Romance

Ender Long lived by the saying Denial is not just a river in Egypt. When something happens that he does not want to acknowledge, Ender would deny it until it becomes the truth.

For example, when Ender found out he could get pregnant, he denied it to the point of forgetting, which he is starting to regret.

Because after a drunken night with his best friend (Ender made sure not to leave any evidence that it was him), he ended up pregnant.

So, after learning this, he did what he knew best—denying everything until it becomes true or forgotten.

Ender told his family and friends that the person who knocked him up disappeared. They believed him.

Now, if only he could convince his best friend to stop taking care of him before the baby is born.

The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories

 

The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories by LinXueLian

12 k | 6 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Historical, Romance

Yun Cha: Forget beauties! I only like drinking tea!
Old General: This is my grandson, Cao Jing.
Yun Cha: A beauty who can cultivate tea! Not bad!

Cha-Er, a popular martial cultivator who loves drinking tea, is introduced by his friend to a humble tea farmer. When this tea farmer is kidnapped by bandits, he goes out on a limb to rescue him.

The Magic Tea Leaves and Other Cultivation Short Stories is an assortment of short stories of the Xianxia, Xuanhuan and Wuxia genre, written like fairy tales. It contains boys love.

Wuxia and Xianxia are genres of Chinese fantasy featuring martial chivalry and folklore.

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

crimson_carnation is now coming out of hiatus!

messyhair's novel My Love is posting on tapas

OkuraTsukiko is now posting a new series called A Pirate’s Creed

The_Novice's novel has now hit the 10 chapter mark (over 30k!) and ongoing~ The Clueless Little Prince is a novel about how a transmigrated person tries to go against his doom flags. He makes friends, rivals on the way there. But what will happen with the story now that he’s in it?

lin_xiaolong (twitter) is posting a novel called The Emperor and His Thief on Chrysanthemum Garden and tapas! As the Crown Prince’s playmate, he lived a happy and carefree life until the day he was accused of murdering the Emperor.

Also, Ruelin would like to promote Heart. Promoting~

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

 

Return to Contents


4. Who are the chibis?

Who are the chibis? What are the chibis? And where do they come from? Such a mystery~ (●´ω`●)ゞ
In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking talents: killoki, HansTrondheim, michelleleeee, and tiaf. So make sure to give them lots of huggles~

Are you a dedicated enough BL reader to guess which books these lovey-dovey chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪
So drumroll please~

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

I transmigrated to the body of an insignificant character from a Dark BL novel!

 

I transmigrated to the body of an insignificant character from a Dark BL novel! by I_Love_Cats

Review by Ame-Tora: It's so cool It's the story of a guy who finds himself transmigrated to a black bl. The characters are really cool and the story and great. I like it very much 

In progress | 116 k | 74 ch | Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem, Mystery, Romance, Smut, Supernatural

Lee Fei is a normal 30-year-old man who has a good job as a librarian at the National University in China. He is an avid reader and has always read everything, including BL and GL, even though he declares himself 100% straight.
He died just like that...

Spoiler

There was no truck.

There was no car accident.

No deadly disease.

Lee Fei reincarnated and transmigrated to the world of the book he had read days before he died.
Unfortunately, a BL Dark Book.
The worst he reincarnated as an insignificant side character!

Lee Fei became Emery Darcy, who is the third child of a very powerful duke. Your life should be full of wealth and happiness, right?
Unfortunately, Emery Darcy followed the path of an exorcist! Yes, Lee Fei is an Exorcist Bishop!
To make the irony of his situation worse, this side character had a worse fate than the villain.

What an injustice!

As the knowledge of the plot of this world, Lee Fei intends to return to the home of his rich family and live a good life!
So what if he has divine powers and mana from nature?

He just wants a rich and peaceful life!

Ehhhh? Is the MC making a honey trap for me?

Is ML no longer a possessive demon, but a tsundere that is following me?

Is the fallen archangel a shameless voyeur who spies on me even in the bath?

A guardian knight who thinks I'm the reincarnation of the god of nature?

Stay away from me, I just want a peaceful life!

Does apocalypse come far?
No matter, I'm rich enough to protect myself!

Let's have a happy and rich life as a good nobleman should be!

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. BL in the wider media

News! BL Novel NiangNiang-Qiang / Sissy is adapted to manhua and will be premiered at July 26! There's rumor that they are working on the commercial audio drama for NNQ too, but it hasn't confirmed - hat tip to Ruelin

Article! This is a good article about WOH staying true to its BL roots among other things - hat tip to Ruyi

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

Little theatre courtesy of crimson_carnation

MC from a typical c-novel: Hi! (。^ ᴗ ^。) I find women attractive and want to get a girlfriend!
MC: *sees ML* (⊙_⊙)
MC: *falls for ML* 〣( ºΔº )〣
MC: That's it, I've been thoroughly bent! I'm homosexual! I can't possibly find women attractive when I like a man as well! Gay is the only way!
Bisexuals: Are we a joke to you? (〣¬_¬)

 

leviaot7890 is an instagram account that has numerous memes on BL webtoons on it - hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

 

Ship dynamics matched with BL pairings! - hat tip to Ruyi

image

 

Return to Contents


8. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

The BL Palace twitter account is now active again. Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general (asian-related/inspired) BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome, as always, to come join our BL Palace discord server. We have weekly writing sprints, writing help, and the BL & Writing Workshop will also be happening entirely on the discord server!

BLBL's August Newsletter

Help us out for the August Newsletter by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/X58UDmfULyQSaRYMA

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, lilGoat, and tiaf.

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: killoki, HansTrondheim, michelleleeee, and tiaf!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

22