BLBL Newsletter [8] : September 2021
267 12 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2021

Welcome all to the September 2021 edition of the BLBL Newsletter ( ̄ω ̄)/

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology
  2. Original BL Reading Club
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (August)
  4. BL author news
  5. Who are the chibis?
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

The BL Autumn Anthology is still accepting entries! All the details can be found here, including the rules. Please make sure to read the rules!

The themes are Cozy Autumn / Macabre Fall. The BL Palace has made some mood boards for inspiration: Cozy Autumn Pinterest Moodboard and the Macabre Fall Pinterest Moodboard, but these are not necessary by any means. The due date is September 15th 2021 23:59 UTC +14 (time converter here), and after that, revisions can be made up to September 30th. The word count must be between 1000 and 5,500 words.

You can connect with other writers on the BL Palace Discord Server, where you can join Team Cozy or Team Macabre~~

 

Return to Contents


2. Original BL Reading Club

We are currently trialling a reading club based around original English BL webnovels!

The first novel for the reading club is The Grandmaster's weird disciple by Owl! Our current plan is to read the first 20 chapters in preparation for a discussion. You can also visit the discord server, you can also find the link to tskumii's out-loud reading of these chapters in the #audio-library channel where you can download onto your own device for listening ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡

Keep an eye out for more details for the discussion session itself. If you can't join, it'll definitely be available afterwards ^_^

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (August)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

Douya and the Golden Scroll: Plum Blossom Edition

 

Douya and the Golden Scroll: Plum Blossom Edition by LinXueLian

3.8 k | 5 ch | Action, Adventure, Comedy, Historical, LitRPG, Martial Arts

Join Ai Douya on his quest to find the Golden Scroll and perhaps even true love along the way! Set in a bright and colorful Wuxia world, a young man meets both friend and foe in the Jianghu as he travels to the peak of Dragon Beard Mountain to complete his mission.

Dialogue format; contains screenshots and an amount of VN/RPG/game battle elements.

Taken from an original visual novel of the same title which you can find on my development profile: https://linxuelian.itch.io/vn-dgs

A Foiled Heist

 

A Foiled Heist by crimson_carnation

1.3 k | 1 ch | Comedy

He slinks through the night, stealth personified, and reaches his greedy hands towards the target of this heist: his own fridge.
Him: I’m swift, I’m smooth, I’m subtle like the brush of a dragonfly’s wing on water!
His boyfriend: Dragonfly? More like a buzzing housefly.

This is a short glimpse at the hilarious antics of an outrageously quirky young man and his longsuffering boyfriend.

[BL] Birds of a Feather

 

[BL] Birds of a Feather by Jaduph

5.8 k | 1 ch | Smut

Within the vibrant colours of a lonely and sombre mountain stood an all-white peacock who had searched endlessly for a mate, seemingly reflecting the solitude of the hillside it lived on.

This short story is about a beautiful and overly dramatic peacock who mistakes a silent and reclusive pheasant for a peahen and its attempts at pursuing it. 

Doted by the Alpha (S1&S2)

 

Doted by the Alpha (S1&S2) by lesson101

480.8 k | 237 ch | Action, Adult, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mature, Romance, Smut

In an alternate world where evolution has given the male species the ability to get pregnant, a young man named Daniel Sullen had his life turn 180 degrees when he discovered he wasn't what he was supposed to be.

He discovered the secret of his birth and upon knowing comes along an evil twin sister that wants to ruin his life every chance she gets to and parents that don't even consider him as their own. The only person on his side was his grandfather who favors him more than anyone until that fateful night.

Maybe it's good karma but who would think he'd end up being pregnant with the billionaire's child??!

An Auspicious Sign

 

An Auspicious Sign by crimson_carnation

8.5 k | 2 ch | Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life

With much effort Xi Lang finally obtains a marriage decree allowing him to wed his lover, Prince You Jinfeng. However, the court astrologer’s vagueness about their compatibility has You Jinfeng obsessively searching for auspicious signs in the days leading to their wedding. To put his beloved’s mind at ease, Xi Lang decides on a very reasonable solution: stealthily creating his own auspicious signs.

Moonlight River

 

Moonlight River by MyLadyQueen

0.9 k | 1 ch | (Boys Love)

Two secret lovers, meeting under the moonlight expressing their doubt and love for one another.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Second Chance by Heart is out from Haitus and will be updated weekly but no exact update schedule.

Heart wants to promote that she is willing to read your book and spread her silly comments on it if you want a reader who comments [don't worry, she won't go critical unless with permission- just light fluff comment about the book only]. Just inbox on SH or tell her on BL Palace discord~

 

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Who are the chibis? What are the chibis? And where do they come from? Such a mystery~ (●´ω`●)ゞ

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking talents: oofcat, Killokii, and tiaf!!

Are you a dedicated enough BL reader to guess which books these lovey-dovey chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪
So drumroll please~

Spoiler

Yue and Viktor from The Prophet Didn’t Mean to Fall in Love! by Lon3ly

*

Ai and Morion from World Symphony Mediator by oofcat

*

Jeremy and Quince from Metagame by Aetheo

[collapse]

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

[BL] A Pirate’s Creed

 

[BL] A Pirate’s Creed by OkuraTsukiko

In progress | 22 k | 16 ch | Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy

Review by Heart:

If you love pirates, this is where you need to go and read. The story follows a stowaway and a captain of pirate crews. This story is uncovering the life of these two as they find comfort in each other. When I first read the chapter 1, I thought it was a good smut premise but it is actually a well thought and written story [no smut to be seen yet; hoping there will be] that tells us more about things that meets the eye. It's a story about growth, past and everything else. Not convinced yet? There are mermaids too! How can you say no. Still no? Okay, there's some actions and fighting! Haiyah! If you say no one more time, I will push you to the wall and threaten you with a knife cause that's what a pirate would do.

Oh, also even though they are pirates they have their own beliefs and things they stand for so they're not just some brutes. This novel is interesting, well-written and a light read. Just my cup of tea and maybe yours too~

Summary:

Spoiler

When a stowaway sneaked onboard one of the World's infamous bands of Pirates, what else could be the end result? Capture? Torture? Walk off the Plank? Kept as their salve? Or perhaps beheaded? However, this pirate crew has the most unusual person as their captain. It's almost unbelievable that the individual managed to take control of his whole crew and defeat some of the strongest enemies of the pirates - The Imperial Army.

In the land of Altia, pirates were known as malicious crooks and criminals, nothing but a bunch of scoundrels trying to take what they want from the people. Even their heads are wanted with a price that no ordinary citizens could even achieve in their lifetime. Behind the curtains, however, is a group of people treating each other like family and have bonded like non-other. Searching for treasures with their ambitions as they set sail across the wondrous sea.

But perhaps, it's not so bad after all.... right?

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

On or Off has released a bunch of merchandise based on the author's instagram account. And also the manhua would be returning with season three in the near future. - Hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

*

The BL visual novel Scales of Fate made by various members of the BL Palace (tsukimii, crystal, sv99, ruyi, oofcat, shotaro, madison stevens, nahrenne, linxuelian) now has a downloadable demo available!!

l5nHLb.png

Scales of Fate

Five years ago, a renowned cultivator from Qing Shuang Sect named Shen Xiuying had died by drowning in a river.

Nobody knew why he died. Was it suicide? Did somebody murder him in cold blood? It was a mystery to all who heard of this incident.

That is, until “Shen Xiuying” came back... as a yao.

Thus, a mystery from five years ago shall finally unravel itself.

*

The Daily Eggplant is an initiative with the goal to improve the current OEL (Original-English-Language) BL scene. You can visit their website for a curated list of OEL BL webnovels, with further OG BL novel recommendations and discussion on their discord channel.

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

when you realise the yaoi you've been reading is actually a shounen-ai - Hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

 

fujoshi meme - Hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

 

silent readers everywhere - Hat tip to Heart 

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server!! We have weekly writing sprints and writing help, and much more besides!

Email Subscription

You can now sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's October Newsletter

Help us out for the October Newsletter by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/tAb12LD5qx2Pz59s9 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze and tiaf.

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: oofcat, Killokii, tiaf!!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

14