BLBL Newsletter [10] : November 2021
203 13 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 2021

Welcome all to the November 2021 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter \(≧▽≦)/

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. Trick or Treat! Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology
  2. Artober and Kinktober
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (October)
  4. BL author news
  5. Who are the chibis?
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. Trick or Treat! Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

 

 

Crimson maple trees, autumn kisses, and wind-blown leaves... The remnants of many bountiful tales of autumn.

Yet beneath these many shades of red, looms a trace of something not so warm. A devious hunter's eyes shine carnivorously, emanating a creeping, unending chill. What is it? What is coming for you from beyond autumn's warm light?

🍁🎃☠️

The BL Autumn Anthology is now posting!! Come and read great short stories (5.5k or under) from boys love writers!

To promote more commenting and reader engagement, you can take this fun little BL-themed quiz anyone can take and find out whether you're a Pumpkin, Peach, Eggplant, or Sweet Potato. Put your name down on the teams signup sheet is here, and go forth and comment to win points for your team!

 

 

Return to Contents


2. Artober and Kinktober

Our art event Artober and writing event Kinktober is now over! Thank you to everyone who participated!

To see the art that our community made, head over to the #sharing-art-is-caring channel on our BL Palace discord server.

To see the stories that our community made, head over to our AO3 collection and/or to the #papapavillion (explicit) channel on our discord server. 😎

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (October)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

Black Night Skies (BL)

 

Black Night Skies by kitkat2010

21.8 k | 14 ch | Action, Adventure, Horror, Psychological, Supernatural

COMPLETE!! Short sequel to Denial... (This story contains love between two men. Yaoi, BL, M/M.)

Two years ago, Mikael walked away from everything he'd known. Finally a vampire after years of fighting with his denial, he set out to find himself away from Lucious and all the drama that unfolded before him. But as it must be, fate had other plans...

Comfortable in his new home, Mikael has two choices: either accept Lucious' new proposal, or say 'no'. He knew better... he knew...

Persimmon Pie

 

Persimmon Pie by TingTang

9.9 k | 7 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life

A persimmon stuffed tiger finds a warm, dry and comfy den to call it’s home.
Or
A slice of life about Qiao Lu, a writer, and Ying Chen, a streamer, and how they began dating.

Short and sweet, a bit futurisitic but no worries.
Turn off your brain and enjoy!
1v1
Lychee x Persimmon

Flock of Doves

 

Flock of Doves by MikaRose

141.1 k | 101 ch | Action, Adult, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Twelve years ago, after being pulled from a cage in a Russian military base, Kiromir brought Niala to his people thinking that her wings and funny words meant that she could be one of them, a Wildling warrior full of fire and magic.

Now, she's the lone mockingbird in a flock of doves. Though, Gaffriel thinks she looks more like a woodpecker, but he's an idiot... a likeable idiot, but still an idiot. Can she really be one of them? Will they ever find her family, or did she make the best one for herself, already?

When her stupid grandmother starts to bargain her future 'for the better of the flock,' things go all the right kinds of wrong.

Liquor Loving Luciel: Spring. Flowers. Gifts.

 

Liquor Loving Luciel: Spring. Flowers. Gifts. by Killokii

13.9 k | 4 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Tragedy

A lazy dukes recollection of his liquor loving friend.

Dao Of The Salted Fish (Salted Fish Cultivator)

 

Dao Of The Salted Fish (Salted Fish Cultivator) by bafflinghaze

171.5 k | 127 ch | Fantasy, Isekai, Romance, Slice of Life

Wen Zhihao is tired of life. When he dies...meh. That’s life.

But when he gets transmigrated into the body of a young cultivator of the prestigious Golden Sun sect, full of possibilities...no thanks! He has no effort/energy to work hard on cultivation! He just wants to be a salted fish!

...it turns out sleeping = meditation and absently watching beautiful scenery = meditation.

And meditation = cultivation...

This is not the Dao of Indifference. This is the Dao of the Salted Fish!! With calm emotions, Wen Zhihao accidentally cultivates strongly!

...but he’s still a salted fish, bah. Don't make him fight!

Quiet Bright Moon

 

Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

71.9 k | 50 ch | Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Isekai, Mystery

Pining Peak Lord Jiao Ziyu attempts to help out his friend and long-time crush, and quickly stumbles upon...

- a 'Little Hermit' with a seeming interest in horticulture and an extensive knowledge of poisons
- a ‘Red Devil’ with a keen interest in bullying the elderly
- a series of surprising secrets and revelations

This ultimately gets him pulled even deeper into the collective bullshit and drama of time travellers, transmigrators, Systems, and Demon Realm politics.

When the Scumbag Shou Becomes The White Moonlight (BL)

 

When the Scumbag Shou Becomes The White Moonlight (BL) by CynicalStrawberry

15 k | 11 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Isekai, Romance, Slice of Life

Armen sits firmly in the position of number one for his department in the quick transmigration bureau. And what is that department exactly? Well, it's a key department in order for the survival of something integral to all of humanity (not really, but putting that on forms gets more funding from the intergalactic, technologically advanced worlds sponsoring the whole bureau): BL.

Regardless, Armen's role is extremely important (cough, cough, no it's not) therefore he takes it very seriously (in order to get his employee of the month bonuses) until a malfunction of his system lands him...back in his old world! Well, no worries, he'll just remain here until the system finds him again...what's this? What's with the look in that guy's eyes? Why does it remind him of characters in the worlds he transmigrates into? Holdup, isn't he a scumbag? What's with this role change???

Short at 15 chapters, sweet, HE (Honestly, the title says it all)

True White Lotus

 

True White Lotus by CynicalStrawberry

2.8 k | 3 ch | Drama, Psychological, Romance

Tired of the endless cliches? Bored of the classic never changing transmigration trope? Well, what are your thoughts on wolves in sheep’s clothing? If you like all of that and are interested in a story that’s cliche, but with an unexpected twist then check out True White Lotus!

Wedding Procession’s Song

 

Wedding Procession’s Song by crimson_carnation

15.9 k | 1 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

A wedding procession treads an isolated path from this world to another and fills the night with its haunting song. Red petals whirl around the wedding sedan and dye the air with a nostalgic fragrance. Within the sedan the bedecked groom smiles as the scent and melody evoke warm memories of the man he is to wed, the man he loves, and how it all came to be.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

Author Carola's newest BL novel 'Change of Heart' just came out last month! You can find all you need to know on changeofheart.authorcarola.com

unknown.png

Announcement

 Dao of the Salted Fish by bafflinghaze has completely finished! To celebrate, they are holding a fan event:

Making fanart, fanfic, and/or writing a review on Goodreads will give you entries. Three (or more) winners will be drawn via lottery for a one month discord nitro. Details are on The Daily Eggplant discord server in the #events channel.

 

 

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ (●´ω`●)ゞ

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii, tiaf, summervaca99, and oofcat

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪
So drumroll please~

Spoiler

Gaelan Agrion and Zeion Peldian from Scion of the Shadow by UM3

A Beautiful and Overly Dramatic Peacock Gong v. A Silent and Loner Pheasant Shou from Birds of a Feather by Jayduph

Yu Jie and Han Jun from Helping the cannon fodder find “peace” by UnattainableBlueRose

Raphael and Soren from Salvation of the Scum Fifth Prince by lukiyo_224

[collapse]

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

Wedding Procession’s Song  

Wedding Procession’s Song by crimson_carnation

15.9 k | 1 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Review by UM3:

Honestly, the title, and synopsis, says it all~

q (❂‿❂) p Woven in-between celebratory tunes of congratulations was a story that will leave you intrigued while swimming in a sea of red petals. Join the marching procession and enjoy the ride! As you make your way over with the groom, you can't help but give them your blessings. In return, who knows, maybe you'll be able to catch a little bit of honey at the end of the procession.

(~ ̄▽ ̄) ~ Without revealing too much, the mortals have Tim Burton's Corpse Bride to enjoy on Halloween, and us, Crimson Carnation's matrimonial delight to welcome a fictional Ghost Festival~

Summary:

Spoiler

A wedding procession treads an isolated path from this world to another and fills the night with its haunting song. Red petals whirl around the wedding sedan and dye the air with a nostalgic fragrance. Within the sedan the bedecked groom smiles as the scent and melody evoke warm memories of the man he is to wed, the man he loves, and how it all came to be.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

Veronica8 wrote an informational article that was a protips about writing BL based on their experience on Webnovel.com!

Thinking On Writing BL? Read On

Read this short article on Medium if you're starting out or interested in writing BL, and not sure how to categorize or market the story.

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

A surprise for bird-bird! (≧∀≦) Inspired by bird-bird's username, a kingfisher young master who writes~:

 

for_birdy_composed.png

- by LinXueLian

*

Slightly explicit meme~ - hat tip to AuthorCarola

Spoiler

Image

[collapse]

*

When you have a lot of ideas for your book... - hat tip to UM3

*

What writers are doing... - hat tip to UM3

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have weekly writing sprints and writing help, and much more besides!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's December Newsletter

Help us out for the December Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii, tiaf, summervaca99, and oofcat

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter (and over at the Trick or Treat! anthology)~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

16