BLBL Newsletter [11] : December 2021
144 12 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

DecBanner_2.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2021

It's the last newsletter for the year!!! Welcome all to the December 2021 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter \(≧▽≦)/

 

In this newsletter, we have...🥁🥁🥁 (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. Trick or Treat! Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (November)
  3. BL author news
  4. The banner chibis!
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. General BL News
  7. Fun corner
  8. Around the BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. Trick or Treat! Boys' Love Autumn Short Story Anthology

The BL Autumn Anthology is now complete!

Come and read cozy and macabre short BL stories (5.5k or under)!

🍁🎃☠️

Crimson maple trees, autumn kisses, and wind-blown leaves... The remnants of many bountiful tales of autumn.

Yet beneath these many shades of red, looms a trace of something not so warm. A devious hunter's eyes shine carnivorously, emanating a creeping, unending chill. What is it? What is coming for you from beyond autumn's warm light?

🍁🎃☠️

 

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (November)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon

 

Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

23.1 k | 8 ch | Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Isekai

Local Demon King...- meets a pretty bird
- stalks the pretty bird
- meets a pretty annoying cultivator
- definitely doesn’t stalk the annoying cultivator
- deals with unplanned parenthood
- swears off alcohol
- deals with assassination attempts
- drops people into rivers
- deals with angry birds
- gets threatened by an old lady
- deals with mysterious otherworldly entities
- gets chased by the old lady
- ponders time travel
- ponders past mistakes
- successfully woos his intended mate
- gets roasted by his all-female Council... though not necessarily in that particular order.

(Side story to Quiet Bright Moon - Reading that first is advised.)

Seasons

 

Seasons by HeavenlyArdor

1.3 k | 5 ch | Drama, Slice of Life, Supernatural

The short vignettes of a married couple through the late 90s and early 2000s.

Heaven’s Will

 

Heaven’s Will by K_Jira

34.4 k | 23 ch | Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Is it the will of heaven that breaks them apart or is it what will bring them together?

Ming Chen is a bartender who is adored by his regulars. When Michelle Langley found that there is more of the bartender than what meets the eyes, he started watching him out of wariness which evolved into something else.

--"You're starting to get addicted aren't you?"

The Frog Who Cultivated the Dao and Other Animal Short Stories

 

The Frog Who Cultivated the Dao and Other Animal Short Stories by LinXueLian

10.3 k | 7 ch | Comedy, Fantasy, Historical

Frog: I'm just a frog, croaking and eating insects.
Immortal Sword Saint: Would you like to cultivate the Dao of the sword?
Frog: I say! Would I ever!

Can a frog cultivate into a handsome prince? From a tale of a humble beetle winning the hand of an emperor's son to a vain thousand-year-old turtle trying to grow hair, The Frog Who Cultivated the Dao and Other Animal Short Stories is an assortment of humorous and romantic short stories of the Xianxia, Xuanhuan and Wuxia genre, written like fairy tales to capture the imagination. Some tales contain boys love.

Sign of the times

 

Sign of the times by doravg

200.4 k | 63 ch | Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Nikola wakes after a hundred years on the bottom of the ocean. He waked to a world changed by his own deeds. A world where he is alone, his lover, the angel Penemue gone into the Abyss after the failed rebellion of his son Pallas. But Nikola doesn’t give up on him. He choses to live, not as the conqueror he once was, the shining Emerald Emperor of Atlantis, but as a trader and a craftsman.

On the way he founds his soulmate, Wei Caihong, though he doesn’t know it at the time and curses him with vampirism. But Wei Caihong doesn’t give up either and he proves his worth to his future husband. And in this story of love and redemption a fallen from grace Emperor gets both a noble and an angel and improves the lives of those around him. In any way he can.

In A Daydreamer’s Mind

 

In A Daydreamer’s Mind by MyLadyQueen

1 k | 1 ch | Mystery, Psychological

Trapped in a circle he drew, only time can fix his problem.

New Beginnings [BL]

 

New Beginnings [BL] by Silverty

24.5 k | 7 ch | Slice of Life

A collection of short stories featuring Joshua and Erick.
First featured in BLP's spring anthology, I found that I loved the characters so much and had so many things I wanted to share about their lives. So I'm continuing their story whenever I think there's something about their lives I want to share :)

Second Chance

 

Second Chance by Heart

112.3 k | 36 ch | Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance?

This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and broken in so many ways but one night everything changes. He only wished to live a good life. Then one night, his owner brought in a group of customers. He fought hard and tried to escape. The last thing he saw was the group of men in a state of panic.

When he woke up, he saw the crying face of a girl. A couple entered the room with tears in their eyes after the girl had left. They started calling him 'Luke'. He became confused and started to panic. That's not his name, so why do they keep calling him that... He slowly realised that he is no longer in his own body but the body of another boy.

After waking up, he starts to learn more about this "Luke". Will he meet the man, who might've driven the previous Luke to death? What will happen when he finds out that the man who seems to hate Luke is showing interest in him although he's in Luke's body?

--
WARNING: Depiction of drugs, prostitution, child abuse, depression and suicide.

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

Ame-Tora is putting their novel The book of Time: The clan of Tears on hiatus :(

unknown.png

Announcement

Image

Check out one of our fellow authors, Killokii, and their amazing art! Now open for commissions~~ move your cursor over to the link: https://twitter.com/killokii/status/1458673513062039553?s=21 and check out the rates! Not sure, hmmmm! No worries! Click this, click this and check out their stunning work (๑✪ᆺ✪๑)
Click.
And squeak the awe-ness!

- thanks for the news, UM3!

Announcement

Psst, have you heard of the Rat Supremacy? Follow @Killokii on SH to find out more <3

- thanks, Heart <3

Announcement

oofcat would like to promote Heart and her recently completed novel, Second Chance 😉

unknown.png

Announcement

Jayduph is writing an epic poem and using BL Palace writers as characters. If you would like to be included, please either dm or ping her in the discord server. All are welcome to join!

The story follows our hero, Heart, as she journey's into the unknown to rescue her beloved, Rue, who has been kidnapped by the fearsome Owl. Along the way we meet the Golden King Xiao Mang, a shy hermit called Baffling, a recluse named Yue, and fight against Owl's three cruel generals Silverty, Zaiakuma and Sleepylazykael.

 

Return to Contents


4. The banner chibis!

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Jolliapplegirl, Owl, tiaf, Killokii, and oofcat!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

Chen Guiren, Jun Yibai and Li Suren from Between an Alpha and Omega by Jolliapplegirl

 

 

Syn and Gabriel from Only Fools Pray for Mercy in the Underworld by Veronica8

 

 

nov_heart_chibi.png

Ryan and Evan from Second Chance by Heart

 

 

nov_kuma_chibi.png

MIngyue and Ziyu from Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

 

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

The Prince & His Sloth  

The Prince & His Sloth by K_Jira

In progress: 33.1 k | 22 ch | Fantasy, Romance

Review by UM3:

The synopsis: --"Let that child do as he wishes. Maybe someday God of Fate will drop his soulmate out of the sky because of frustration."

Is exactly it (●´ω`●) ~ now I'm hopping someone up there would drop me soulmate from the sky as well!!

I'm usually not one to read ongoing chapters but---a cold body lying on the floor wrapped with its own hair?! 's certainly one tempting image! Hahahha! And so, I didn't realize how engrossed I was until I reached the latest chapter! That is to say; I was hooked (~ ̄▽ ̄) ~ although there were a few that would do with better PR, it was still quite a smooth read! Give it a try and join me in praying for more chapters! Thanks for sharing and hope to read more!

Summary:

Spoiler

Noel was sleeping peacefully in his room when he was suddenly transferred away from his bed to a cold hard floor.

Noel, "…"

Whatever, I still can sleep.

Frederic fell into a tower after a fierce battle with a hoard of flying demon beasts. He found a cold body lying on the floor wrapped with its own hair.

Frederic, "…"

A…mummy?

--"Let that child do as he wishes. Maybe someday God of Fate will drop his soulmate out of the sky because of frustration."

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. General BL News

The official English translation for the danmei The Husky and His White Shizun will be coming soon!! - hat tip to Ruelin

 

The BL Manga Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! is getting a film sequel. The film's story is set after the final television episode's story. Read about it here! - hat tip to Jayduph_

 

 

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

The sketch book must be protected at all costs.

The sketch book must be protected at all costs by k009comics - hat tip to UM3

 

*

 

The 3 important B’s

The 3 important B's by k009comics - hat tip to UM3

*

A peek at Heart's process in completing Second Chance:

Image

*

Heart's BLP Mini Theatre:

Heart: Yatta! I finish Second Chance... OwO Rattie open commission?! I must make my character a reality!
Rattie: *draws Elua (who barely appears in the book) for Rat's #1 fan*
Ryan & Evan (Heart's main characters): Are we your stepchild?!
Heart: *brooms away*

P/S: You can find Elua's art in Second Chance by Heart at Chapter 16! Also, don't forget to follow Rattie on SH and Twitter under penname @Killokii ~

- hat tips to Heart

*

Other people : What's your hobby?
Me : Well I do enjoy writing.
Other people : Oh? What kind?
Me : [chants in BL and smut-writing inside of my head]
Me : ...Trust me, you don't wanna know.

- hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

 

*

 

Screenshot_18625.png

"one of the highlights in the discord server" - hat tip to OkuraTsukiko

*

unknown.png

Click here for some compiled writing memes from tumblr~ [part 1], [part 2], [part 3]. - hat tip to oofcat 

 

Return to Contents


8. Around the BL Palace

 

BLBL's January 2022 Newsletter

Help us out for the January 2022 Newsletter by filling out this form. We'll remind you in the discord server closer to the date too~

 

BL Community Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! There are writing sprints, art streams, game streams, writing help, and fun chatter about BL! Come and play~ (or come and lurk, we don't mind!)

 

BL Palace Twitter

We have a twitter, because we want to help to spread the BL news~ Want something retweeted? Message bafflinghaze (wherever you can find them) or directly @ the BL Palace twitter account! Things that we'll retweet include:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

 

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Jolliapplegirl, Owl, tiaf, Killokii, and oofcat

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, fun things, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter (don't forget to check out the Trick or Treat! anthology in the meantime!)~

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

18