BLBL Newsletter [12] : January 2022
208 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - JANUARY 2022

Wow! It's now the start of 2022! Welcome all to the January 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter \(≧▽≦)/

 

In this newsletter, we have...🥁🥁🥁 (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. One Year Anniversary
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (December 2021)
  3. BL author news
  4. The banner chibis!
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. General BL News
  7. Fun corner
  8. Around the BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. One Year Anniversary

Happy 1st Birthday to the BL Palace! 🎂🎂🎂

It's been an entire year since the BL Palace was created! So many things have happened since the first little thoughts about the community began 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Here's a little non-exhaustive list of things we've done!

  1. First started off with threads on the Scribble Hub Forum! Check out the BL Reading Club! (M/m fiction) for Readers and Writers! and BL News and Recommendations \(*o*)/
  2. Established the BL Palace Writing Room discord
  3. Created the Boys Love Newsletter
  4. Drew many cute chibis of characters from original English BL novels!
  5. Interviewed some lovely authors
  6. Together, produced the BL Spring Anthology, Spring Is In The Air!
  7. Ran an active Artober (you can see all the pictures here!) and a smutty Kinktober
  8. Came together for the BL Autumn Anthology, Trick or Treat!

On the discord (come join us!), there were:

  1. BL Visual Novel streams
  2. Art Streams
  3. The BL & Writing Workshop
  4. Daily and weekly writing sprints
  5. Fun writing shorts and roleplaying
  6. Chatted about all kinds of BL
  7. Admired the art from our members
  8. And a lot of antics~

Jayduph has written an epic poem featuring many BL Palace members! You can also meet everyone by joining our discord ^_^ You can chose from BL Palace positions such as Emperor or Empress, Herbalist, or Green Tea Mistress, Young Master or Palace Servant, and many more!

 

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (December 2021)

All the following include the 'Boys Love' Genre. In sequential order:

The Prince & His Sloth

 

The Prince & His Sloth by K_Jira

37.8 k | 25 ch | Fantasy, Romance

Noel was sleeping peacefully in his room when he was suddenly transferred away from his bed to a cold hard floor.

Noel, "…"

Whatever, I still can sleep.

Frederic fell into a tower after a fierce battle with a hoard of flying demon beasts. He found a cold body lying on the floor wrapped with its own hair.

Frederic, "…"

A…mummy?

--"Let that child do as he wishes. Maybe someday God of Fate will drop his soulmate out of the sky because of frustration."

[BL] Trick or Treat!

 

Trick or Treat! by the BL Palace

115.1 k | 29 ch | Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Crimson maple trees, autumn kisses, and wind-blown leaves... The remnants of many bountiful tales of autumn.

Yet beneath these many shades of red, looms a trace of something not so warm. A devious hunter's eyes shine carnivorously, emanating a creeping, unending chill. What is it? What is coming for you from beyond autumn's warm light?

Moon Theory [BL]

 

Moon Theory [BL] by yiyuehua

124.3 k | 55 ch | Action, Adult, Horror, Mature, Psychological, Romance, Sci-fi, Supernatural

In the peaks of midwinter lies an unconscious young man with snowlike hair and startling, duotone eyes. His features blend so much with the tundra he just may disappear. Strangely captivating, but such an appearance is no doubt unhuman.

Then enter Combat Unit One and a man who, despite his irritating personality, is unfortunately a little bit eye-catching.

“If I had to assign a relationship…” the man says with a low curve of his lips, “it would be prisoner and captor?”

“Colonel Yang,” he replies sharply, “you are cracked in the head.”

---

Year 2066 – a population of eight billion was wiped down to the marginals. Particle radiation hit a rotating satellite, then a spaceship, then… mass mutation, mass extinction.

Theoretically, when the geodynamo fails, those left behind will become some sort of extraterrestrial. Humanity’s always had a stubborn streak, however, so the intelligent will thrive and the combatants will fight.

But, alternatively, while most have sacrificed for this planet, a young man decides, fuck it all.

---

Explicit Content Warning (R18+): profanity, heavy gore, violence, sexual content, drugs and alcohol, ABO

A Christmas Visitor

 

A Christmas Visitor by MyLadyQueen

4.6 k | 1 ch | Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Jurgen went from wishing for one thing and meeting someone who could grant a child's wish. With that belief in hand, he journeyed to a place where no one else dared and almost dying he was found.

Now standing before him the one who granted wishes received a wish too.

--"Let that child do as he wishes. Maybe someday God of Fate will drop his soulmate out of the sky because of frustration."

The Commander and the Sixth Prince

 

The Commander and the Sixth Prince by Silkweed 

325 k | 148 ch | Action, Adventure, Historical, Romance

Commander Liao Shan gets back to the Imperial capital with his cavalry troop after a month in the badlands, to find he has a new mission: escorting a convoy of treasure to the Kingdom of Qiu, an ally of the Empire in the far north-west. To complicate matters, the treasure includes the beautiful young Sixth Prince Yan Jinhai, forced against his will to enter the harem of the vicious King. As the journey progresses, Liao Shan finds his conscience and his heart increasingly in conflict with his orders. And it doesn’t help that the young Prince, kept a virtual prisoner in the Imperial Palace, is hell-bent on escape.

As the journey continues and the relationship between them deepens, events are building which will rock the Empire and turn both their lives upside down.

January Light

 

January Light by namio

15.6 k | 2 ch | Adult, Drama

The beast Bai Ze, Xu Lin, once again awoke after centuries of sleep. Being last awake at the tail end of the Ming dynasty, the modern day was a-- shock. Many things have changed: the scenery, the people, the technology, the values.

Of course, one thing manages to unfailingly remain the same: that damn Taotie is still around to piss him off.

But Xu Lin has his duties to humanity, and do it he must. And if the remnants of the old Exorcism Department requires him to work with that Taotie Zhang Shenyuan for their vision of the future... Well, nobody could tell him to play nice.
______

Short story, 2 chapters, chapter 2 is for smut (you're welcome).
Persistent but not romantic Taotie gong x Cold and sharp-tongued, yearning for someone else Bai Ze shou
Strong overtones of unrequited love!

Never, My Alpha

 

Never, My Alpha by Addis

43.8 k | 31 ch | Drama, Mature, Romance, Smut

Tanaka Kichirou is an omega, who, without his prior knowledge, is set as the homeroom teacher for an all alpha high school class. Kichirou tries to get out of being the homeroom teacher, but once he finds out that one of the other teachers, Fujima Natsuki, recommended him for the position, Kichirou concedes. Not knowing what to expect, Kichirou meets sixteen year old Arimori Jun within the classroom.

Follow the ups and the downs of the lives of these alphas, betas, and omegas. Maybe, even, in the road of life, they may find that red string of fate that connects one to their mate.

Eaten Alive

 

Eaten Alive by MyLadyQueen

14.3 k | 11 ch | Horror, Mature

Halloween Special 2021

In a world overthrown by zombies who keep evolving, Elliot is sucked into a trap that he can never escape and the last thing on his mind was falling in love when survival was all he needed right now.

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

 

Announcement

One of our lovely writers, Jayduph, has written something something for us!!! You can find the epic poem featuring many BL Palace members here!

unknown.png

 

Return to Contents


4. The banner chibis!

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: bafflinghaze, tiaf, and Killokii!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

 

 

Arek Spearen and Sayan Spearen from Young Master by CynicalStrawberry

🌼

 

Jixue and Hongyan from Beneath a Quiet Bright Moon by Zaiakuma

🌼

Ben and Van from The Blush of the Rising Sun by Jayduph

 

🌼

Azazel, Jun, and Elior from How to Survive as a Cannon Fodder by morinorin

 

 

Announcement
Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

The Commander and the Sixth Prince  

The Commander and the Sixth Prince by Silkweed 

325 k | 148 ch | Action, Adventure, Historical, Romance

Review by UM3:

I'm still close to half-way through the book and although I feel like it is the typical, up to the chapters I've read so far, knight-in-shining-armor-rescuing-prince-in-distress-with-the-villain-empress-and-her-failed-plans-cause-well-good-guys-win! (man, that's a mouthful!), it is a book I would pick up again any day~ ♥

So, join me as a reader and enjoy the characters from different perspective (psst: in first-person POV so, note the change in POV carefully!) as we cruise along the plot events~
And did I forget to mention, the enigmatic Commander with his elegantly sharp prince???
♪ ヾ(*⌒∇⌒)
You kid, I didn't forget! Read again C:

Summary:

Spoiler

span>

Commander Liao Shan gets back to the Imperial capital with his cavalry troop after a month in the badlands, to find he has a new mission: escorting a convoy of treasure to the Kingdom of Qiu, an ally of the Empire in the far north-west. To complicate matters, the treasure includes the beautiful young Sixth Prince Yan Jinhai, forced against his will to enter the harem of the vicious King. As the journey progresses, Liao Shan finds his conscience and his heart increasingly in conflict with his orders. And it doesn’t help that the young Prince, kept a virtual prisoner in the Imperial Palace, is hell-bent on escape.

As the journey continues and the relationship between them deepens, events are building which will rock the Empire and turn both their lives upside down.

[collapse]

Gay Harem  

Gay Harem by Wallflower

In progress: 17.7 k | 19 ch | Comedy, Drama, Harem, Historical, Romance, Slice of Life, Smut, Tragedy

Review by UM3:

Hm... (~ ̄▽ ̄) ~ I'm not one to start on an ongoing novel but before I know it, I hit the latest announcement! For some chapters where I was finding it a little difficult to digest, the events leading up to the latest chapter was intriguing. I think the extras here and there were the cutest, plus plus plus for effort ☆♥☆

In my opinion, this is my first time reading a father-emperor building a harem for his son! And Li Jie!!! If I can feel the ambiguous air around you, why can't you feel it toooo! Aih~ I feel for the harem men ⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃ looks like I got to start my own derby lottery (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Join me, and see who crosses the finish line first~

P/S: AHEM! According to the author's post, hiatus until January 18, 2022~ My heart bleeds and prays 2022 will be filled with joy and memorable happiness for Wallflower! Meanwhile, you, reading this, got plenty of time to catch up on the chapters ≧◡≦

Summary:

Spoiler

span>

When the emperor told his son, Li Jie, that he's going to build him a harem, Li Jie excused himself by saying, "I don't want it. I'm gay."

What Li Jie didn't see coming was the emperor building a harem nonetheless with handsome men from all over the kingdom fighting over his affection.

But between all these men, will one be the future emperor?

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. General BL News

sasakimiyano.jpg

The Sasaki and Miyano anime is coming out soon!!! - hat tip to NatsumeTsukumo.

 

 

e5m01/Captive_BL made a BL Visual Novel, it's a Classic Fantasy with Dark Elves, and it's here!

CAPTIVE

Val, a half elf healer living among the elves, has been kidnapped by one of the deadliest dark elves of the Abyss. Will Val manage to escape? And why is Ra'shak always almost naked?

CONTENT WARNING: R18 Content.
Swearing. Violence. Depiction of disrespect of consent.
Possible abuse of drugs and non consensual explicit sex.
(You have the choice to skip the explicit content.)

 

 

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

 

"One does not simply keep it at one WIP" - hat tip to Zaiakuma

 

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Around the BL Palace

 

BLBL's February 2022 Newsletter

Help us out for the February 2022 Newsletter by filling out this form. We'll remind you in the discord server closer to the date too~

 

BL Community Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! There are writing sprints, art streams, game streams, writing help, and fun chatter about BL! Come and play~ (or come and lurk, we don't mind!)

 

BL Palace Twitter

We have a twitter, because we want to help to spread the BL news~ Want something retweeted? Message bafflinghaze (wherever you can find them) or directly @ the BL Palace twitter account! Things that we'll retweet include:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

 

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: bafflinghaze, tiaf, and Killokii!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, fun things, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter! And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

14