BLBL Newsletter [14] : March 2022
178 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

03_banner_mar_2022_3.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - MARCH 2022

Welcome all to the March 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter o(〃^▽^〃)o

In this newsletter, we have a number of things ^_^ (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. Weekend drawing sessions and writing sprints
  2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (February 2022)
  3. BL author news
  4. The banner chibis!
  5. OG BL novel recommendations
  6. General BL News
  7. Fun corner
  8. Around the BL Palace
  9. Acknowledgements

1. Weekend drawing sessions and writing sprints

Come visit the BL Palace discord this weekend!

If you take the @Artist role, you can join in on the weekend drawing sessions on aggie.io. (And you can initiate your own!).

 

Here is a weekend discord aggie session featuring Summer, OkuraTsukiko, Jude and XiaoMang! Can you name all the characters?

New_Drawing.png

✍️✍️

Meanwhile, if you take the @Word Sprinter role, then you can get pinged for the writing sprints initiated by other writers, and also initiate your own. Now that two months have passed, isn't it time to catch up on your writing goals? ^_^

 

Return to Contents


2. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (February 2021)

Here are the novels that were completed in February 2022!

How to Survive as a Villain: Beginner’s Guide

 

How to Survive as a Villain: Beginner’s Guide b K_Jira 

47 k | 31 ch | Boys Love, Harem, Romance, School Life

His name is Kurosaki Sei. He is a villain. Well, no, not really. All he wants is to live in peace watching cat videos, but the world keeps forcing the troublesome role on him.

When he thought it couldn't get any worse, the next villain role could sentence him into prison !?

Nope, not if he does something about it.

Capture target A: You understand my affection, don't you?

Capture target B: I want you as a reward

Capture target C: Drawing you is never enough

Kurosaki Sei: The world is out to get me

How to survive as a villain? First of all, let's run and hide.

One Night

 

One Night by Freemints30

11.9 k | 10 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Smut

Loukas is a young collage student with a little problem...

Okay more than just a little problem and the only thing he thinks he can turn to is more or less summoning a demon for help.

______________________
Warning: R18, NSFW, sex, self hatred, teratophilia, masochisms gore and blood

Jungle Test

 

Jungle Test by Maze_Runner

17.7 k | 15 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Tragedy

Four Boys. One World. A group of eliminators. Survival is the key. Can they do it? Or will they fail the Jungle Test

Fujoshi Cultivation

 

Fujoshi Cultivation by LinXueLian

9.3 k | 10 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Historical, Smut

Li Mei was a normal cultivator - until one day, when she discovers a forbidden cultivation technique shared by a den of other little sisters.

Senior disciple sister Hu Die: Li-Li, don't you think Hong Ying-shidi looks good with Lin Quan-shixiong?
Li Mei: ??????
Senior disciple sister Min Yi: Li-Li, what do you think about the Sword Saint getting together with the Demon Lord?
Li Mei: ...
Li Mei: I can cultivate this aesthetic! ╭( ✧Д✧)و ̑̑

Follow Li Mei down the flower-filled cloudless mountain as she cultivates the path of manly aestheticism!

This Strange World Needs A Kicking! (BL)

 

This Strange World Needs A Kicking! (BL) by LauraSFox

182.4 k | 44 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Isekai, Romance, Smut

If only I got transported to another world like in those cool anime series – is what Kai Martin thinks when Milo, his best friend, suddenly confesses and asks him out.

Next thing he knows, he’s in a huge bed, in what looks like royal chambers, and there’s a handsome naked guy next to him. Who glares at him and asks him something about another round.
Another round of what?

And then, a guy in butler's livery walks through the door and looks at him like he just spat in his food.
On the other side of the universe, Prince Sebastian finds himself in a conundrum of his own. A commoner with beautiful eyes asks him out on a date. What’s a date? Ah, and there’s also that thing about a curse, as it looks like he just got thrown into a cruel world full of dangers.

In other words, this is a story about a NEET who learns what responsibility is while trying to fight monsters, fend off the advances of his personal captive-prince-slash-sex-slave, and figure out why nobody likes him. It’s also the story of a prince with a stack of chips on his shoulder who learns that having feelings is not all that bad.

 

 

Return to Contents


3. BL author news

 

Announcement

veronica8 has released their first paperback for a new series started this year!

Since 1st Jan this year, veronica8 wrote 120K words on a sci-fi BL series called Black Star Heart, which has been updated to Pixiv. The story was inspired by Swallowed Star, and in particular Episode 17, and based on the idea of a spoiled, rich boy about to be monster fodder. Now, veronica8 has written up to five volumes!

The first four volumes have been released in a paperback here.

Back issues are recently loaded to Scribble Hub on a daily release schedule:

Black Star Heart

Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Mecha, School Life, Sci-fi, Seinen

Going against his father’s wishes, Leon Brackshaw became part of the Eolas Martial Warrior Sect. A man without ambition until he meets Anri Eaton, a wealthy lord’s son. A new meaning is given to his definition of a Martial Warrior’s Heart. His views of the heart. The forbidden love of his life. Sins of his mother. These aspects could reshape humanity’s fate for better or worse.

Announcement

Ruyi has commissioned some new chibi art for Cultivation Retirement Plan. Perhaps it'll be coming back soonish? Let's look forward to that!

Announcement

ava_35600_1608487291.jpg

CatMasseuse has updated her cover for Your Majesty, the King. Check out the illustration on her Twitter or Ko-fi page!

Announcement

The author valiantxvillainous has produced a BL webcomic!

Image

Immortality comes with a price. Every time Vigil gets resurrected, his memories become fragmented and scrambled. When he's greeted by a handsome idiot called Sel, he has no idea what's going on. And despite Sel's friendly demeanor, Vigil can see right through his act. Why does Sel hate Vigil so much? ...Oh well, at least there's free eye candy now.

 

"The art is lovely and the dialogue witty and clever. And yes, both male leads are very handsome."  - Ruyi.

 

You can read The White Saint and his Dumb Dog on Webtoons and on Tapas.

Announcement

CatMasseuse has updated the cover to their novel, Your Majesty, the King!

Your Majesty, the King

Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Mature, Psychological, Romance

Spoiler

Silas, a young elven soldier, is sent to kill the country’s royal family, who is trying to eradicate the elves from the continent. Unfortunately for Silas, the crown prince is a young child, and Silas is unable to bury his humanity to kill the young boy. Instead, Silas helps the young prince escape, which sets off a chain of events that forever changes both of their lives and intertwines their fates together.

Ten years later, Silas is a hardened soldier and spy, who has buried the events that happened that fateful day. Yet the crown prince, Clarence, has never forgotten Silas's role in his life. This leads the pair into a spiral of hate, war, and revenge as they try to piece together the Yursear Kingdom.

[collapse]

 

 

Return to Contents


4. The banner chibis!

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: tiaf and Killokii!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

Yan Xing and Zhao Jiayi from Making the Zombie King My Wife by Lon3ly

 

🍁

 

march-lantern-lin.png

Diwei Zhuangxun and Chu Ji-Mi from the Oneshot A Thousand Lanterns to Guide You Back by LinXueLian

 

Super cute!!

 

Announcement
Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

Return to Contents


5. OG BL novel recommendations

Love, Again  

Love, Again by LauraSFox

113.6 k | 26 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Josei, Romance, Smut, Supernatural

Review by UM3:

You know, I see the title, I see the synopsis, and I go [Oh! Mason ended up with a transparent flying friend as his better half??!!] and I click.

Oh boy, it's different from what I originally thought. The ghost is the matchmaker! Don't worry, Mason will not end up with the spectre-like being~ there's more to the story than just a friendly, and somewhat funny, relationship between a man and a ghost. As you read, you'll learn a little more of the ghost and his background story, as well as Mason's love interest. And oh, my fingers are just itching to spoil you but I won't! Wait what, you want just a little? Hmm. Well, let's just say Mason's life partner is overbearingly cute on bed and in bed (=🝦 ﻌ 🝦=) heheheheheh~

Summary:

Spoiler

There is personal, and then, there’s stuff that’s not personal. Boundaries are good to have, and Mason Knight believes he knows the difference well, as he has known for a long time. That, until one weird day, he finds himself moved by music, jumped by a man who could make the heavens sigh with his looks, and … what else? Ah, a ghost suddenly wants to keep him company. Mason doesn’t believe in ghosts, except this guy, well, he seems pretty much real.

[collapse]
Our Unknown Future ( BL)  

Our Unknown Future by Ebabi_chan

In progress (26.1 k) | 11 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Girls Love, Romance, Smut, Supernatural

Review by UM3:

Alpha, Omega, Beta, Fairy?!?!

Now that's a combination I've not touched on before! and *click*! Hm..... oh!! ah~~ well..... I will save my rating when I have a better idea of the alpha but for now I must say that I'm really liking the story ♥♥♥ It started off a little different from the typical ABO troupe because of the FAIRY! There's FAIRIES! (๑ↀᆺↀ๑) nya~ The appearance of the fairy in a modern world setting gives me a rather Harry Potter-like feel but then BAM! I see omega Ciel and my mind goes 'oh oh oh! He's gonna need some alpha loving~' which sends my imagination to overdrive, in a good way, because it's something new to me! so yes, /ᐠ ̥ ̣̮ ̥ ᐟ\ノ imma stick around and see how the plot develops! Come join me~ nya~

Summary:

Spoiler

Its been a month since Neciel Survy left his former company and broke up with his ex beta girlfriend who cheated on him. Its also been a month since he have this unemployed status. But being cheap for almost his whole life, he has a lot money to spare at the moment.

Finally, one afternoon he went out for a lunch date with himself at the nearest newly open cafe in the same neighborhood, called Roses Cafe. But unknown to him, a fairy will suddenly appear and change his whole life.

The fairy offer him one wish to grant if Ciel comply to the fairy's request, to marry his fated mate.
But before he even got his wish, the spell casted got wrong and he need to live his multiple reincarnation before everything go back to normal.

Come join our straight omega MC with the help of an adorable fairy conquer his Alpha ML. But how can Ciel fulfill to the Fairy's request when the said Alpha is so hard to get in every lifetimes they lived.

OUF presents to you a BL story with time travelling, dog-blood drama, modern-fantasy setting, and an ABO story with a very satisfying twist.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


6. General BL News

 

Is Xianzun Whitewashed Today? (2022) poster

Is Xianzun Whitewashed Today? This new series just finished airing and it's pretty funny! Kinda like Scum Villain but different, a classical Cdrama "bromance" with BL vibes. The MC is a reader who transmigrates into the villain shizun of the novel he's reading and has to deal with the disciple he betrayed. Unknown to him, the disciple also traveled into the past from the future...! It only has season 1 out--but it's 25 episodes at about 3min each for a really quick watch! Check it out! It's cheesy, but so bad it's...good? I liked it enough to watch the whole thing at any rate :D - recommendation by Ruyi.

 

ImageHeaven official's blessing fans should really like these RPG "screenshots" drawn by akkaccel on twitter--they're so pretty and make me want a real game! [1][2][3][4][5: all four without the RPG menus] - hat tip to Ruyi.

 

Image

The new BL game NU: carnival from Taiwan is coming out in English! - hat tip to Ruyi.

 

 

Return to Contents


7. Fun corner

 

me: hey can you take a pic for me

friend: *takes pic* *clicks on captured pic*

me: ......... Σ(°ロ°)

album: BL screenshots of **** and ***** and that *********

me: *don't swipe left, don't swipe left!!*

- courtesy of UM3

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Around the BL Palace

 

BLBL's April 2022 Newsletter

Help us out for the April 2022 Newsletter by filling out this form. We'll remind you in the discord server closer to the date too~

 

BL Community Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! There are writing sprints, art streams, game streams, writing help, and fun chatter about BL! Come and play~ (or come and lurk, we don't mind!)

 

BL Palace Twitter

We have a twitter, because we want to help to spread the BL news~ Want something retweeted? Message bafflinghaze (wherever you can find them) or directly @ the BL Palace twitter account! Things that we'll retweet include:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

 

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


9. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: tiaf and Killokii!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, fun things, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter! And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

11