BLBL Newsletter [17] : June 2022
184 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - JUNE 2022

Welcome all to the June 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter!  \(≧▽≦)/

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology: title voting!
  2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (May 2022)
  4. BL author news
  5. The banner chibis
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology: title voting!

Announcement
Thank you to everyone who submitted a title suggestion. That means...it's time to vote! Go ahead and vote for your favourite title suggestions for the BL Summer Short Story Anthology, the title with the most vote wins!

Don't know what this is about? The BL Summer Anthology is a short-story anthology ran by the BL Palace. All the details (and rules!) can be found in the official event announcement on the Scribble Hub Forum.  For any questions regarding the anthology, please feel free to ask either RedEmber or a member of the BL Palace Discord Server mods team.

Some quick information:

Come connect with other writers on the BL Palace Discord Server!

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop

The BL Palace Annual Workshop is an online one-day event tentatively around late summer in the Northern Hemisphere, aka August-September.

Announcement
We are looking for both panel hosts and attendees. If you are interested in attending, have a panel you can give or a panel you'll like to see, please fill out this form!

If you have any questions, please message the lovely: @Get this rat 3CC of coffee stat, @Hartfel or @Okura, The Peach in Crisis on the discord server.

 

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (May 2022)

Here are the novels that were completed in April 2022!

Chase

 

Chase by AlwaysAiri

5.7 k | 3 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Horror

Not many people talk about what it's like to be different in the apocalypse. For Chase, a trans man and runner for one of the last safe cities on Earth, this fact remains true. Haunted by his past and heading towards a better future, one day at a time. That's his mission. That's his chase.
Breaking the Mold

 

Breaking the Mold by doravg

159.8 k | 53 ch | Action, Boys Love, Drama, Fanfiction, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

A jaded vampire finds a new prey. One smelling of candy that makes him lust after him and desire him. But for him to have him his prey must learn to trust him and maybe from that trust Dimitri will get from him what vampires were told by Caine that they would never get from a child of Seth: Love.
I Will Live for You

 

I Will Live for You by MakusCorner

7.6 k | 2 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Tragedy

This is a short story about a man named Cole. This is his journey through grief.

Sign of the times

 

Sign of the times by doravg

196.3 k | 99 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

Nikola wakes after a hundred years on the bottom of the ocean. He waked to a world changed by his own deeds. A world where he is alone, his lover, the angel Penemue gone into the Abyss after the failed rebellion of his son Pallas. But Nikola doesn’t give up on him. He choses to live, not as the conqueror he once was, the shining Emerald Emperor of Atlantis, but as a trader and a craftsman.
On the way he founds his soulmate, Wei Caihong, though he doesn’t know it at the time and curses him with vampirism. But Wei Caihong doesn’t give up either and he proves his worth to his future husband. And in this story of love and redemption a fallen from grace Emperor gets both a noble and an angel and improves the lives of those around him. In any way he can.
I'm also posting this on Archive of our own and Royal Road.

The Swordsman Who Lost His Nipples

 

The Swordsman Who Lost His Nipples by LinXueLian

4 k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Martial Arts

Sword Master: Don't misbehave or you'll lose your nipples! (`^´)
Ye Xingli: Oh my god! I really lost them! Σ( °△°|||)︴
Cow: Moo! I'll give you mine! (○´︶`○)

When Ye Xingli oversteps his boundaries and offends a powerful Daoist cultivator, he is punished by having his nipples taken away. Can he and his sect still save their faces by getting his nipples back?

A love poem

 

A love poem by jade_queen

1.1 k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Mystery, Psychological, Romance

A short story about a rainy day, a man and a love poem.

Our Sweet Days

 

Our Sweet Days by FantasyDeath

105.7 k | 103 ch | Boys Love, Romance, Sci-fi, Slice of Life

With his fiancé having been stolen by his (supposedly) kind-hearted and merciful younger brother, Sun Fang decides to take the high road. (To the surprise of everyone who's ever known him.) Instead of fighting to get his cheating fiancé back, Sun Fang sets out to fully enjoy the wealth of his family. After all, he's no longer the heir (his younger brother took that too) which means that he has no responsibilities. Ah, the life of a worry-free rich young master is really the best!
The Security Lamb

 

The Security Lamb by doravg

74.3 k | 71 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Sadik gets hacked, and five Million dollars go missing from his account. He tracks the money to his neighbor, Nikola. And, there is a twist. Sadik is a vampire.
The Herbal Dungeon

 

The Herbal Dungeon by doravg

31.1 k | 29 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Harem, Slice of Life, Supernatural

The Herbal Dungeon is a non-threatening dungeon, anyone could tell you that. Its dungeon core is a Naga named Adam, its protector, a necromancer named Constantine. But then, Adam begins to develop feelings for Constantine. And there is a problem, he is too young for the necromancer. So, Constantine lowers the barrier he had set around the dungeon and other people come in. All changing Adam's life in their own way.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

 

Announcement

FantasyDeath's novel, Our Sweet Days, is now complete! Go check it out!

Boys Love, Romance, Sci-fi, Slice of Life

With his fiancé having been stolen by his (supposedly) kind-hearted and merciful younger brother, Sun Fang decides to take the high road. (To the surprise of everyone who's ever known him.) Instead of fighting to get his cheating fiancé back, Sun Fang sets out to fully enjoy the wealth of his family. After all, he's no longer the heir (his younger brother took that too) which means that he has no responsibilities. Ah, the life of a worry-free rich young master is really the best!

 

Announcement

UM3 has run out of drafts... BUT! she's making her brain and hands work OT while replenishing them with naps midday!! All your time, patience, and effort in sticking around with her are much much appreciated, here~ ♡~

 

 

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: tiaf and bafflinghaze!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

Erik and Ryuuto from Draconia Offline by Aefener

 

Advik and Shwet from The Diabolic Cultivator Thief by Park_NamByul

 

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

A Tale of Two Lives  

A Tale of Two Lives by Kldran

WIP: 36 k  | 36 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Girls Love, Isekai, Psychological

Review by UM3:

My overall thoughts in short, RPG in a dream! The MC is like, as titled, living in two different worlds and this kinda reminds me of those BL stories where MC or ML having split personalities. OR! Someone playing two different characters in a game! And because it is in a dreamlike state, there is a fantasy feel to it~ (ˆ⌣ˆc) Regarding MxM pairing, I would like more actions ( ˶˘ ³˘)!*wink*wink* but the scenes with them are kinda sweet✿ I think there's just enough sugar without giving you diabetes!! I also find reading it relatively easy, mainly dialogues, though I would like it if there are more (much much more ⊙◡⊙!) descriptive scenes of the setting the conversation is taking place in... Just to feed my imagination and make it work overtime ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ heh! Give it a read and let me know if it's just me... º◡º

Summary:

Spoiler

A man discovers his interesting dreams are not just dreams anymore. Now living two lives, the main character of this story is stuck trying to make sense of a ridiculous scenario that leaves them questioning their own identity.

Author Note: I'm not really sure how to tag this ridiculous mess of ideas. There is M/M content (eventually) and F/F content, as well as some of the most bizarre genderbending I've written. However, neither romance, nor sex, are a focus of the story. The main focus of the story is supposed to be the main character trying to make sense of what's going on, and figuring out their place in the world.

[collapse]
 

High School Rewind by chasingnem

WIP: ? k  | 2 ch | Boys Love, Doting Love Interest, Modern, School

Review by bafflinghaze:

There are only a few chapters, but this kind of premise is just too addicting! After Seth Wiley's mother died, Seth was forced to drop out of school and go and work. Over ten years pass...without any support, Seth is working as a dishwasher/waiter at a restaurant, while his old peers are now big lawyers and doctors.

Until truck-kun comes along!

After dying, Seth returns back to when he was 17, a few months before his mother dies. It's so sweet to see just how *happy* he is to hug his mother again, and just how happy he is with this new chance at life. He's the happiest character I've seen post-rebirth hahah. I'm really looking forward to what the author writes next, I recommend you come along for the ride!

Summary:

Spoiler

At 33, Seth Wiley had so many regrets in life. He was a high school drop-out, an orphan, and a good for nothing old man. All his life, Seth encountered hardships and disappointments that made him feel worthless and a failure in life.

One night, as if his sufferings were not yet enough, Seth got involved in a fatal accident. While he was lying in a pool of his own blood, holding for his dear life—Seth wished for a reset button to redo his life. He wanted to go back to the moment before his life got fucked up big time. Seth prayed and prayed and prayed until he took his last breath and died.

When Seth opened his eyes again, he thought he was in the afterlife—except, he was really not. It seemed like the gods heard his prayers. Oh, yes, Seth Wiley—a good for nothing old man—had become seventeen again!

[collapse]
Papa [BL]  

Papa [BL] by kin0monogatari

Completed: 43 k  | 31 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Mature, Pscyhological, Seinen, Smut

Review by UM3:

Gripping! but heavy! I'm enthralled! but my mind's filled with black! And I'm not even done with the book! How would you know if you could take it? Well, read the synopsis and you'll get the idea if you could take in a father-son pairing. So UM3 can, you say? Well, I'm not keen on the idea, BUT! the last line of the PROLOGUE got me hooked. I mean, how could the author left me hanging with that line!!! So, my hand went *click*click*click*... and before I knew it, I-I-I bowed down to my curiosity and put the rest aside. Why didn't UM3 wait until the end to post this, you say? My mama says I should share nice things. Sharing is caring, though I'm sure we each have our own understanding of 'nice'; in terms of BL (to me!), this. is! this. is! this. is! So, click and let me know if it's just me 🙃

Summary:

Spoiler
There are all kinds of forbidden love. But this is the hazardous of them all. Lucca appears to be in love with his own father. He’s done fighting against his own demons. It’s time for him to give in to them. If he can’t have his father, killing him is the only way he’ll keep him.
"If you could spread your legs for me, that would've been nice, Lucca," he said. "Either that, or you'll be swimming in his blood," he warned, pointing his finger over to the other person and Lucca knows he has no choice. From lust to revenge, a struggle between hatred and love, and the quest for his own sanity, Lucca must make a choice.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

FujoCon is an international, BL+ virtual convention happening June 24-26, 2022. Don't forget to sign up for free hereyou can't sign up on the day!

 

Fukou-kun wa Kiss Suru Shikanai! (2022) poster

The live action of Fukou-kun wa Kiss Suru Shikanai! (2022) will be completed soon! (around 8 eps) It's very cute and funny. A bit cringe, but the ML is soooo handsome & cool - hat tip to Ruelin

 

BLHQ podcast Podcast Artwork Image

BLHQ have a podcast deep-diving into 'Heaven Official's Blessing'! - hat tip to Ruelin

 

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

<UM3, thanks to COVID>
SIS: Go to bed!
UM3: No! <ignores and reaches for the phone>
BRO: Rest!
UM3: No!! <continues reading BL>
Parents: We'll take away the WiFi.
... um3 takes meds and goes to bed (°^°)

- head pats to UM3

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have weekly writing sprints and writing help, and much more besides!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's July Newsletter

Help us out for the July Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze, tiaf and RedEmber!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: tiaf and bafflinghaze!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

15