BLBL Newsletter [18] : July 2022
206 12 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821371356816998442/993366728551714836/Artboard_4.png

BLBL NEWSLETTER - JULY 2022

Welcome all to the July 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter!  \(≧▽≦)/ We're now half way through 2022, can you believe that?!!

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology: title and extension!
  2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop
  3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (June 2022)
  4. BL author news
  5. The banner chibis
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. The Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology: title and extension!

Announcement
Thank you to everyone voted on the title! And the winning title is...

🎉The Golden Gaytimes🎉

Thank you again to everyone who voted~

 

Announcement
There is now a two week extension on entries!

First draft is now due July 17th, 23:59 anywhere on Earth.

Final copy is now due July 29th, 23:59 anywhere on Earth.

Writers who haven't submitted yet, come give it a try!

The BL Summer Anthology is a short-story anthology ran by the BL Palace. All the details (and rules!) can be found in the official event announcement on the Scribble Hub Forum.  For any questions regarding the anthology, please feel free to ask either RedEmber or a member of the BL Palace Discord Server mods team.

Some quick information:

Come connect with other writers on the BL Palace Discord Server!

 

Return to Contents


2. BL Palace's Annual Workshop

The BL Palace Annual Workshop is an online one-day event tentatively around late summer in the Northern Hemisphere, most likely in August.

Announcement
We are still looking for both panel hosts and attendees. If you are interested in attending, have a panel you can give, or have a panel you'd like to see, please fill out this form! If you're willing to host a panel (but not sure on what), please also fill out the form so that the team can reach out to you!

You can also write a panel and have one of the hosts read it out, or have a pre-recorded panel that we play during the workshop, with voice- or text-based Q&A afterwards~

The Workshop team will be reaching out to potential panelists this month!

If you have any questions, please message the lovely: @Get this rat 3CC of coffee stat, @Hartfel or @Okura, The Peach in Crisis on the discord server.

 

 

Return to Contents


3. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (June 2022)

Here are the novels that were completed in June 2022!

The Antique Shop

 

The Antique Shop by doravg

73.4 k | 70 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Andrew, an eighteen-year-old orphan, is fresh out of the orphanage. He has a rented apartment and enough money to pay the rent and put food on the table for the next three, four if he is frugal, months. By chance, he sees an offer on a well-to-do antique shop. And suddenly, his life turns for the better. Then Erin comes and brings confusion to Andrew's new life.
Erin is a freshly turned vampire. His sire told him the rules and dumped him in the wide world. Erin is lonely and can't find enough money for blood from the hospital. Then, he sees Andrew, and cooks up a plan.
 
 
Orbit

 

Orbit by MyLadyQueen

77.2 k | 54 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Tragedy

This story is based on a webtoon under the same name written by Vanessa Nicole/MyLadyQueen and Illustrations by Felda Fedora.

Octavius Ezra Severna, the mute 4th prince of Saule Lec, never saw a purpose to life besides serving the kingdom and being mute and especially with his sexuality he knew best then to speak but his loyal friend Antero went out of his way to stop the poor prince from dying of misery and found him someone very flamboyant to keep him company online until they mutually decided on meeting in real life and Omari Valentine couldn't believe who his boyfriend was.

An Explorer’s Guide

 

An Explorer’s Guide by doravg

117.9 k | 109 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Slice of Life, Supernatural

This is the journey of Edwin as he travels through the two continents of the world of Adosinda. He is a healer, freshly graduated, and he would do everything he can to help those around him, be they humans or other beings.

This is an adventure travel novel. Slow burn, from bromance to romance. And just healing and solving problems in general.

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

Dark_Scholars has a BL webnovel called The To-Do List!

https://img.webnovel.com/bookcover/19776817205210405/300/300.jpg

The To-Do List

WIP | 142 ch | Boys Love, Cultivation, Comedy, Slice of Life

Who said that the death of a person is akin to the extinguishing of a lamp; that all previous karmic ties would be severed.

Raizel made an oath to his dying junior martial brother to complete his To-do list. What was the big deal? It is definitely not as difficult as fighting the Devil King.

That is till he saw the list. Plant a fire lotus flower in the Shuya Ice peak, Skinny dip in the Neva river, Save a beautiful poisoned female cultivator in the forest, win the most loved teacher in the school. How could he have forgotten the psycho that is his junior martial brother, Lucas?

His journey to complete the To-do list takes him to various places and throws him into unique situations. He meets different characters and he discovers a hidden love so deep that it is almost painful.

"I knew from the moment that I set my eyes on you that you were mine. Even if I have to fight Heavens to get you, even if I am sentenced to the 66 Hells; I would never regret loving you."

⚠️ This book is a slow burn romance. Would it be worth it in the end? Yes, I promise there would be enough smexy scenes for a massive nosebleed. Hope you enjoy!!

#Book cover not mine.

Return to Contents


5. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii and oofcat!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821371356816998442/991946488995389450/Illustration69.png

Cal and Sigal from Escaping the Abyss by JenLeifire

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821371356816998442/993193079651709059/july_chibi.png

Logan and Adam from Shining Hearts by nrseventeen

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

Beloved God [BL]  

Beloved God [BL] by Owl

68 k | 33 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical

Review by Heart:

When the stories around you are all angst and full of heartbreak, you may come to read this novel to wind down. I haven't read too far in but the story is already interesting. MC is somewhat like a deliverer of food offerings while ML's race or ML (to MC) is considered as their God. We will learn about their life and customs slowly as we delve deeper into the story or may I say, into their life.

At the moment where I'm reading, the two protagonists are unable to communicate due to the language barrier. As for the MC, he is curious to learn more about the ML and as for the ML he had been watching the MC ever since MC have been coming around so when the other person reaches out to communicate, he did not reject MC.

Of course, when you read something that isn't angsty or dramatic, it will feel like the pace is slow but honestly, I feel like it's a good pace when you just want to slow down and fall in love with these characters. You slowly learn about each of them and see them entangled with each other at their own pace. I hope this review is enough for you to try out this book~

Summary:

Spoiler
The "Farin" are those that bring the sacrifice.
The "Alvarr" are those that take it.
Deep into the mountain carriers walk, blindfolded, carrying fruits and meat.
For a "Farin", seeing their Gods would be blasphemy. Don't make a sound, don't look, don't react. Set down the sacrifice and leave.
When the young "Farin" is attacked by a wild animal during the process, his blindfold loosens - and he stares right into an "Alvarr's" golden eyes. Little did he know that the so-called gods didn't care about their regular visitors and weird fruit, and especially not about being seen.
Curious about the human's reaction, Alvarr sticks around.
And, well, since there is no use crying over spilled milk, Farin just decides to enjoy the mysterious being's company.
Between not even sharing a language and vastly different customs, two people end up getting along much better than expected.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

BL actors reflect on their roles and the genre at large. Whether as a source of enjoyment or escapism for some, representation for others, and potentially, a force for change. - hat tip to Jayduph

 

💭💭💭

 

Looking for a BL podcast? Then check out The Yaoi Shelf as they discuss BL, tropes and more - hat tip to bafflinghaze.

 

📚📚📚

 

Tired of ignorant comments and myths about BL? Want to learn more about the history and terms about BL? Check out www.fujoshi.info! - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

I know everyone in BLP needs some encouragement, including myself - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

The difficult writing choices! Meme by generalized-incompetence - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Honestly, every author will face the imposter syndrome at some point in their life - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

I'm still waiting for my truck-kun. - hat tip to Heart

 

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have weekly writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us out for the August Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze and RedEmber!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii and oofcat!!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted news, links, and novel recommendations for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

17