BLBL Newsletter [20] : September 2022
777 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BLBL NEWSLETTER - SEPTEMBER 2022

Welcome all to the September 2022 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter!  \(≧▽≦)/ Big things happened, big things are happening!

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows: (click on the titles to jump to that section!)

  1. BL Palace Annual Grand Banquets - recap
  2. Golden Gaytimes: Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology - posting!
  3. Collaborative Writing Shorts
  4. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (August 2022)
  5. BL author news
  6. The banner chibis
  7. OG BL novel recommendations
  8. General BL News
  9. Fun corner
  10. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  11. Acknowledgements

1. BL Palace Annual Grand Banquets - recap

On Saturday 13th August 2022, BL fans gathered together on the BL Palace discord for the BL Palace Grand Banquets 2022There were 4 panel presentations, 3 podcasts, 2 art sessions, 1 game and 1 writing sprint.
 
Thank you to everyone who attended, presented, hosted!
 
If you missed out on the workshop, you can head onto the discord server to the #chat channel to find the link to all the recordings!
 
 
 

Return to Contents


2. Golden Gaytimes: Boys' Love Summer Short Story Anthology - posting!

Announcement
It's here! It's here! It's here!!! (Important things need to be said three times!)

The BL Palace Summer Short Story Anthology, Golden Gaytimes, is now posting! Come check out great short stories from people in our BL community!

 

Hot sunny days perfect for some icecream; cool starry nights perfect to snuggle up with a loved one, and everything in between. Dress appropriately and come over for some golden gaytimes!

Cover drawn by @Killokii!

A new short story every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday until complete!

 

 

Return to Contents


3. Collaborative Writing Shorts

Hello there! Are YOU in our discord server yet? If you aren't, JOIN US!~ We don't bite (Heart might but it's a play bite rather than eating bite).

Are you BORED? Do you write? Are you tired of writing YOUR LONG HECK OF A RIDE NOVEL? Need A Break? THEN, LOOK NO MORE!

BL Palace Discord offers various prompts for anyone who are interested in writing shorts but aren't committed in posting it anywhere. Right now we have an interdimensional Space Bar where it visits varying world and is written through Staff's perspectives. We also have BL Palace own Xianxia AU where all you do there is write whatever you want as a xianxia practice!~ Some people write about BLP members but you don't really have to~

Our Latest collaborative shorts is one less chaotic than the Mafia AU (an AU which you don't want to know unless you're committed to it) because this latest collab has some rules but the rules are there to maintain order not to restrict your creative juices! CHECK OUT THE CONTINENT under #Writing-Shorts and JOIN fellow BL Palace Discord Members in creating a chaotic world!~

Find Le Heart/ Hart on discord to find out more. She's always lurking or talking there~

 

 

Return to Contents


4. Newly completed BL novels on Scribble Hub (August 2022)

Here are the novels that were completed in August 2022!

The Incubus

 

The Incubus by doravg

30.1k | 29 ch | Action, Boys Love, Fantasy, Harem, Mature, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Eleric wins a house at a card game. Behind the house is a healing pond and a lusty incubus. His bliss is short-lived, when Fen, the incubus, makes him go and find him a vampire and a Naga for his harem. The elf would do anything as long as the whip is not brought out. Chains he could stomach, but he never signed up for rough play.

I am trying my hand on erotica, not smut, per se. This is a BL harem, and it is updated daily. It is a novella, and complete.

Under the Influence #1

 

Under the Influence #1 by MyLadyQueen

80.6k | 53 ch | Boys Love, Drama, Mature, Mystery, Romance, Tragedy

Eighteen year old Halo McClelland is your average open gay with a passion for baking and cooking, dedicated to his friendships and your not so anti-social/social individual looking to have a good time while being head strong.

He never imagined that he’d meet the love of his life in his last year of high school who brought on a whirlwind of excitement, terror and conflict and losing himself to him was far beyond the expectations of reality.

Romeo Washington or Rome as he liked to be called, is the type of guy who would back you up in any situation and also was one of the most unknown, yet respected gang members, Ruthless, of the blood mafia.

Romeo’s life was already chaotic as it is and with the addition of Halo which he couldn’t understand how he gained feelings for. Putting aside his history to be with Halo isn’t easy and to fight for this love, cannot be called easy.

Mason’s life takes an unexpected turn as he advances on Adrian.

Niam falling pregnant all for the sake of his friend ends up in a massive blow to his face but everything changes for the better after graduation or that’s what everyone thinks but adding Detective Rowen who is out to catch Ruthless – Under the Influence is one of the explanations of being addicted.

How To Be A Peaceful Vampire

 

How To Be A Peaceful Vampire by doravg

35.1k | 33 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Orion is a vampire, whose greatest fear is unwashed villagers with pitchforks. Still, he is strong, avoids the villages and towns, and lives his life, wanting for something more than that. One day, a vampire tries to get in his territory, and he kills him. A small book is the most peculiar loot he got from the fallen bloodsucker.

The book promises him that he could be peaceful and accepted by the villagers, as long as he puts in the work. So, he does.

This is a self-help book for vampires, who don't want to get strapped to pyres. If you are a vampire, do read on. If you are not, know that Truck-kun is ever watchful, and you might end up as one in another world. So, this book will be helpful for you, in that case.

Out of Paradise

 

Out of Paradise by doravg

47.6 | 45 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Writing prompt: 25. Out of Paradise: You just got kicked out of heaven. Now what?

During one of the skirmishes in heaven, before the pearly gates, no less, the angel Tagas spared a demon. A fresh one that looked to have just arrived in Hell and then thrown into the battlefield. Archangel Michael was furious, and so, he banished Tagas to Earth.

"If you want to spare the filth, live in it!" -Michael to Tagas, as he kicked him out.
"Is this vacation? I have been waiting for eons, man!"- Tagas as he fell.

Return to Contents


5. BL author news

Help these authors by checking out their work 😊😊

Announcement

☆Veronica☆

☆Veronica☆

My Arthurian BL story (Mr.Knight, Why Can't You Stand Straight?) on Honeyfeed received 8th place rank in Honeyfeed's Top Weekly rankings for the week of 22/08 -28/08. As far as l know, it's the first time a BL title has had a slot on the site's weekly rankings since operation.

Story Link: https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/8799

About the rank: https://twitter.com/veronicapurcell/status/1561335770325037056?t=Svr6DiCJBq9Khoi2Q1UzVQ&s=19

Official cover

Mr.Knight, Why Can't You Stand Straight?

Complete | 46.8 k | 44 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

An Arthurian-based, half-crazed story like no other, where a prince boy joust's a bard boy. They go on a pick-up-sword quest, fall in love, and well [BL] stuff happens; the lemon soda shaken and unleashed to go pop and pish kind of happenings.

In this pick-up-sword quest story:

Arthur Pentaghast is a renowned, handsome knight and the youngest prince of Chancealot Kingdom in the Western Isles. He found himself in an awkward pickle of a mess. All because of his stupid horse Chifton, when the beast had him disqualified from his jousting match.

So, his parent sent him on a save-face-quest to pick up an enchanted blade from a sea dragon. He agreed to have San Smith, a traveling bard, accompany him. Owing the man a favor after he had hurt him during the jousting match kerfuffle.

Picking up the sword seemed a simple enough job, until Arthur began to see that there was more to his quest.

 

 

 

Return to Contents


6. Who are the chibis?

Did you see the chibis on our heading banner? Do you know where they come from? Such a mystery~ 😏😏

In every BLBL Newsletter, we dedicate a corner to showcase our staff's incredible artistic talent and give a shout-out to a handful of beautiful BL couples from novels featured on our very own Scribblehub! σ(≧ε≦o)

This month's chibis are courtesy of these lovely and hardworking artists: Killokii and oofcat!

Have you read enough BL novels to guess which books these cute and adorable chibis are from? There's no punishment for guessing wrong! But if you guessed correctly before the big reveal you might just receive a cookie! 🍪🍪🍪🍪

Now, drum-roll please! 🥁🥁🥁

 

September2022-Chibi.png

Ren Xiyang and Rian Azure from These Side Characters Have More Important Things To Do by bafflinghaze

 

Announcement

Did you like these chibis a lot? Would you also like to have chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

 

Return to Contents


7. OG BL novel recommendations

 

[BL] My Little Happiness  

My Little Happiness by rainbowsoursoda

20.3k | 7 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Romance, Smut

Review by bafflinghaze:

 My Little Happiness is a cute little BL, pretty short and fun! It has such a lighthearted narrative voice and a lot of the danmei/BL tropes with the shou Xiao Le and the gong Gao Tian. Also features great explicit scenes~

Summary:

Spoiler

Just a fluffy story about an average, but kind-hearted Shou and a possessive, cold CEO Gong.

I wrote this story previously under a different pen name, crazyforpeaches. Please do not reproduce in any form without the author's permission. The title is called 'My Little Happiness' because Shou's name Xiao Le (小乐) is derived from happy(kuai le 快乐).

[collapse]
Tristan and Isul Cover
 

Red Storm Over Ganymede by Chris Kanther

68 k | 33 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Fantasy, Historical

Review by ☆Veronica☆:

Simply brilliant! The story revolves around two protagonists. The Jovian Empire's prince Tristan and Isul his biodroid guard. The story is a cyberpunk, dystopia with a taste of space opera.

A high quality entry into Honeyfeed's contest.
From start to finish everything is moving to a purpose. Everyone has a part to play and playing it as they should.

The authoritarian tension adds to the main theme of Tristan and Isul's love, and their love being a catalyst for the start of a new world order.

What might put off people is the first person POV switching. However, Chris skillfully paces the story, so the pov-switching seems a natural thing and it's not hard to place your mind in each protagonists' shoes.

Well written, excellent technical quality and a bloody good story with a bunch of vividly unique characters. Especially the love birds who we can't help but root for their happiness.

Summary:

Spoiler

*Complete!*

In the Jovian Empire, Bio-droids have a lifespan of six years. If they are not reclaimed, degradation and madness will follow. This has been the law since the Bio-droid uprisings of the 23rd century.

In the 25th century, Prince Tristan falls in love with his Bio-droid Isul.

There is nothing he won't do to save the one he loves.

Even if he has to marry another to ascend the Imperial Throne and change the laws governing Bio-droids.

Even if he has to defy his grandmother the Empress Dowager.

Even if the one he loves tries to kill him.

[collapse]
Tristan and Isul Cover
 

A Love So Sweet, I Get Confused by EmilyE

27 k | 30 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Drama

Review by ☆Veronica☆:

[Disclaimer] There are technical errors like typos and format. However, it isn't so much that it impacts the ability to read the story. Either way, they did a fine, good attempt. They wrote this story for the current contest, so there is a 3-month time limit to have the story 25K+ and naturally finished during this time.

Why Am I Reading?
When I could follow along, I actually found the story well-paced and the character design also pieced together well to drive the storyline. The story revolves around a university student named Mitsu Ito who has been in love with his childhood friend, Tomo, for some time. He feels he has a chance at transitioning their friendship into something more until hot guy Akio enter's the picture when Tomo includes him into their study group. Believing that Tomo is being taken away from him by Akio, he devises a plan to be a wedge between the two by pretending to be a girl called Hana.

Mitsu being Hana actually has some psychological depth to his character, especially when he realizes that playing through the lie can actually hurt people's feelings. And it becomes more complicated for him. There is also some subconscious element that makes him want to be Hana other than trying to stop Akio and Tomo from being together.

It's not a complex story premise, but the character growth makes it work. How each motivation is revealed naturally to reach a resolution. Naturally, the BL is between Mitsu and Akio, but it's how Mitsu comes to realize his feelings is what makes this story special.

So, the grammar structure could improve, but the story is pretty cool and is worth checking out.

Summary:

Spoiler

Love is tricky, particularly for Mitsu Ito. So desperately in love with his childhood friend he'll do anything. Even dress as a girl to get rid of the competition. His main love rival, Akio, is handsome and popular with the girls and Mitsu graves to change this.

He comes with the idea: become Akio's ideal woman as to distract him away from Tomo.

It seems a good plan at first but what if Akio isn't what he expected?

What if Tomo starts to become good friends with his female persona?

How will his sister and dad react if they were to find out?

Drama and romance ensue in a love that's so complicated, even Mitsu can't get a grasp of it.

[collapse]

 

Return to Contents


8. General BL News

 

Bakemono to Kedamono

Renji-sensei's Bakemono to Kedamono (Monster and the Beast) final chapter was completed last month 🥳❤️🤗 Go check it out! Available on Bookwalker. - hat tip to ☆Veronica☆

 

📚📚📚

 

Seven Seas have now obtained the licenses for Thousand Autumns by Meng Xi Shi, Guardian by Priest and Sha Po Lang by Priest. Look forward to these danmei being published in English in the future! - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

 

Return to Contents


9. Fun corner

 

 

no plot survives the first sentence - created by Jinz

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Maybe ideas for everyone here? - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

This is Heart when people said they are writing a short but hasn't posted any on the discord channel. Email by Sarah Andersen - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

I mean... why not? That's actually a good prompt... [Heart starts brewing her next prompt idea]

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Fufu... if you're on BLP Discord do take up the Beta Reader/ Editor role to help out the non-procrastinating writers whom seeking help. (don't worry Heart is a procrastinator too.) Proofreader's Marks by Grant Snider - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Tell me why??!! - hat tip to Heart

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

Heart: I always model RL people into my books. Depends on my care for them, they play a certain role. Heating & Cooling: 52 Micro-Memoirs, by Beth Ann Fennelly.

 

✍️✍️✍️

 

That why you seek the Beta Readers in BLP Discord~ - hat tip to Heart

 

Return to Contents


10. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly DM the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

Any readers and writers of BL are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us out for the October Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


11. Acknowledgements

This Newsletter was brought to you by the following people: bafflinghaze and tiaf!

Please give another round of applause to the lovely artists who made this month's BLBL Newsletter chibi banner: Killokii!!

And finally, thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you on the next chapter of the newsletter!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

11