More Science!
1.3k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N]–

Link:

*

Chapter 97

Title: More Science!

....

"What?!"

Robin yelled at me loudly.

I was in my office at Whiskey Peak, sitting on the luxurious chair. Robin was currently sitting opposite to me.

It was night, midnight to be more specific. So the room was dimly lit.

'Ahh, this was my favorite atmosphere...'

"Hey... Luci,"

Silently, I stared at Robin's face with a relaxed look, my chin resting on my hand.

"You heard it right, I'm going to the moon. I'll be staying there for some years."

While vivid music was being played in the background, we were doing something akin to a staring contest.

On the other hand, it's been 2 whole days since my ride with Raki. She has had a fever since then, it's nothing serious though.

I guess that's a normal thing to happen. Even with all that protection, moving at that speed is something out of this world. It was my first reaction as well.

We rode around the whole world that day. This world is big. Many times bigger than it was in my previous world.

'I want to try that again.'

While I was reckoning over that experience, Robin broke the silence.

"Luci..."

Looking at my absent-minded face, Robin sighed.

"I won't ask why you are going to the moon, but I assume it's the bike that makes it possible for you to travel there?"

She knew she couldn't stop me if I had decided on it already. It's nice to know that she understands these things at least.

"Yea, that's right. That's why I made it in the first place."

I leaned back with a pleased look.

Looking down at the table, Robin frowned with a thinking face.

"I see... But, you can bring another person with you, right?" She stopped and looked at my face.

She did see Raki riding with me last time.

Robin yelped lightly. "Then... will you bring me with you?"

Hearing her pleading tone, I laughed lightly.

"As much as I'd want that, I can't bring you in harm. It's very dangerous for you. A normal human won't survive in that place with such a low level of oxygen."

I explained the important things with a serious face.

"I see..."

Honestly.... It doesn't matter, I just don't want to bring her there. She is needed here more than to go with me on a vacation. She is needed to manage things in my absence.

However, that 'not surviving' part wasn't made up. There are 6 moons in this world, I don't know about all of them, but the closest moon here has enough oxygen for people to live. The ancient winged people lived there after all.

Even then, Robin would most likely die. She was choking to breathe the first time she came to the sky.

Enel mostly survived and walked freely on the moon since he had Goro Goro no Mi, and also the fact that his ancestors lived there.

I have to say, Winged people are quite an adaptive race, so the breathing part came to them quickly, and Enel used that to his advantage.

'Taking that as a fact, I can bring a single Skypiean, Birkan, or Shandian if I want. But, who do I take? Yona, Raki, Wyper, or maybe Aisa? Or do I even take them?'

It was an important question, but I ignored the thoughts, for now.

I got up and walked towards Robin.

Currently, she had a sad face, as if a little girl was rejected by her father, ordered to not buy the new "favorite" toy.

Kissing her head from above, I started to massage her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to go there and stay there for some years. It's needed.... For the greater good."

Robin bit her lips lightly. Blood trained down.

"I understand."

Robin still had a sad face.

"But why are you telling me this now? You could have said it before... it's just so sudden."

I stopped my hands for a second before continuing. "Fine, I will buy you dinner tonight, alright?"

As her face regained light, Robin just enjoyed my electrified hand's massage with her face starting to relax.

"Mm, fine. I will forgive you. But you have to promise to return now and then... alright?"

I slightly nodded my head. I would have done that even without her telling me, it's needed to know about the news from my Warlord identity now and then, so I need to come and go.

Removing my hands, Robin got up from her seat and walked towards me. She hugged me, pressing her chest against mine, and locked her arms around my neck.

"Give me 7 days from your busy time, will you? Or I will be very sad."

I stared at her for a while. Normally, I wouldn't have accepted such an offer. 7 days is a long time for me, I'm busy with many things currently. But I have to do it since she is in her 'happy life' phase.

'I should give her what she wants for now. She's like a daughter begging for attention from her father...'

Thinking such, I hugged her back while mumbling on her ears. "Alright, everything for my baby."

What a strange relationship....

–General Pov–

[1st day with Robin-Skypiea date]

In the God's Shrine, Raki was inside her own room.

She was laying on her back with a wet cloth on her forehead and a thermometer in her mouth.

There were a few people inside the room, Amon was among them.

Among the people, the person who clearly looked like a doctor walked towards her bed and took out the thermometer from her mouth.

His face paled looking at it. "It's in... 105°. That's very dangerous, we should quickly take her to the hospita–"

Raki barely opened her cherry-like lips. "NO! NO! WAA! I HATE HOSPITAL!"

She yelled loudly, completely proving the doctor's previous words wrong.

Amon looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Listen to the doctor, listen to me, go to the hospital."

"...I-I said I'm fine! I will be okay in a few days!"

Raki tried to get up from her lying position, but she couldn't move her body at all, except for her mouth at least.

Amon, trying to infuriate her, broke out laughing while pointing fingers at her. "Haha, look at this idiot."

"..." Raki teared up. "Don't bully me... it's your fault I'm like this! Waaa!"

Crying, she started to roll around the bed. Or at least she tried since she couldn't move at all.

A few minutes passed like that.

Amon made a regretful expression and shook his head. "Sigh, and here I was thinking I will bring you to the moon. But if you are sick... sigh."

Shrugging, Amon shook his head and looked at the doctor as Raki's eyes arched up.

"REALLY?! REALLY?! You will?!"

Raki started to laugh like a maniac. "Yes, yes! It's me! It's me! Hahaha!"

She made a delighted face while looking down at everyone around. "I knew my brother loved me the most, fuck you Rob–"

"But doctor, if she doesn't go to the hospital it will take her more than a month to get well right?"

"Yes, yes. She can die even."

"Oh, how sad. I guess I will just take Ais–"

Raki's face froze.

She instantly looked at Amon.

"I-I will go to the hospital, yes I will!"

Amon gave her a side glance while a smirk was hidden under his face.

Raki understood the situation as her eyes again started to tear up. "Fuck you, big bro. Why do you only bully me? Why not Aisa, or better yet robin... BULLY ROBIN!"

Amon just smiled at her innocently.

«...★...»

[2nd day]

–Amon Pov–

Bottleneck.

I have hit a bottleneck.

I have 74 theories on how to break this bottleneck, however, none of them seems satisfying to my intellect. But I have to try them all, and that's what I'm doing right now.

It won't take much time. I will complete them when I get a break from each of my days with Robin.

1st attempt— Shoving an electrical wire which is connected to a power source in my mouth.

Result: I felt nothing, nothing changed.

2nd attempt— Eating the 'Energy Steroid' found in Fishman Island.

Result: It boosted my physical powers. I was able to exert 256 million volts. But for a very limited amount of time.

3rd attempt– Having the not-yet-completed medicine made from my version of 'Gene Formula'.

Result– I got a .00001 boost at the potential. I felt my output-able power increase as well! But the increase is a measly 1,000 volts...

'I don't need a temporary boost from a harmful medicine. And also don't want to take the formula which isn't completed yet...'

4th attempt–

....

22th attempt–

.....

47th attempt–

....

73rd attempt–

Result: Failure.

-

-

-

74th attempt–

"This attempt is something I don't want to do. I'm scared of my life."

This is the attempt where I'm supposed to enter the Raijin island... while wearing sea prism handcuffs.

Why would I do that?

It's a theory.

My theory goes like this– 'The regular human body of this world is enough to let a certain amount of electricity pass through their body, but only a certain amount. In other words, it's a conductive material which would 'break' if given too much power. That's the One Piece world's human body's limit.

'It's true. I tried it before and it seems to be legit. After I injected 20 million into a random human's body for around 5 minutes, his body gave up, I couldn't flow electricity smoothly anymore.'

'Meanwhile, when I experimented on an Electric Eel, it survived even 200 million.' Amon thought. 'So theoretically, if an Eel were to eat the fruit in my place, he would have reached Yonko level just after consuming it. Damn, I'm envious.'

Anyway, considering a normal human let's 20 million pass through their body before breaking, that means the Goro Goro no Mi enhanced my 'limit' and boosted it to be able to bear 250 million volts. And the fruit itself is stopping me from surpassing 250 million since it will be harmful to me and my body.

And the reason why it's 50 million higher than Enel is because of the previous 'physical+surgery' reasons. But besides them, it is because my body has been tempered by lightning strikes for a long time, slowly becoming like that of the durable body of an Eel.

Like I did in front of Robin once, I entered lightning clouds and made my body suffer constantly.

In the first place, I did it to make my body get used to lightning. And in my obliviousness, it also increased my body's 'compatibility' with lighting, thus letting more lightning flow through me than normal humans.

'Body tempering to withstand electricity'— Albeit it's Wuxia name, it's pure science and quite a natural thing to happen. Like how there were people in my previous world who were better with electricity than most. I even recall a guy who could light bulbs just by touching them. I think he lived in India?

Anyway, the point is, this is the theory I have the most faith in. However...

Why didn't I try this before? Because it's dangerous and I'm frightened.

I don't want to go under those lightning strikes from Raijin Island with sea stone handcuffs on. It's fucking dangerous, I can die for fucks sake!!

Even if I decide to hold onto a sea-stone and drop it when things get dangerous, it's still a big risk. I'm scared exactly because I felt those lightning strikes hit my skin in person...

It's hard to be there even without sea stone, even with my Logia lightning body I'm hurt. But while touching them? I will die.

I can't even use the umbrella made by that old woman since it will just ruin the whole ordeal of training my 'limit'.

However....

The 7-day date with Robin is hindering my plans. Today is the 5th day, I completed all the 73 attempts already.

Only one remaining, but will this really work?

I guess I have to wait to find out.

**

**

**

A/N: Again, CSIENSE!

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos and @Shortmotor!

Discord: ]

23