Raise your head…
1.1k 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Read 15+ chapters before release in P.A.T.R.E.O.N]–

Link: patreon.com/Master4thWall

*

Chapter 104

Title: Raise your head...

....

[A Few Minutes Ago]

"Kill him!"

"Burn him alive!"

"Kyaa, my child! Don't go!"

"Mother, I will fight for my land!"

Below the Giant Jack, everyone was fighting.

The marines who were on the ships until now came to the island after hearing the commotion.

They were currently in a fight of life and death with the Sky-people.

The 3,000 Birkans, 1,000 God's Militia, and 4 Personal Guards vs 4,500 Marine soldiers. (Each ship held 450 marines, and there were 10 ships!)

However, even with their advantage in numbers, the Skypiea side people were on the winning side at first, at least until the pirates who came to steal the gold joined.

The strongest Birkans after the High Priest and the personal guards went after the Vice-Admirals. So the thousands of Marines and Pirates didn't have anyone to stop them other than weak ones.

Now, it was looking bad for the Skypiea. Part of it was because many Skypiean civilians were also attending this party and were being taken as hostages constantly...

Among them, Robin was rescuing children and women who don't know how to fight. While rescuing hostages, she was also taking down pirates left and right.

"Fleurs!"

Robin cracked the neck of 50 pirates at once.

It was then...

"Hina recognized you correctly, Nico Robin."

A rough female voice entered Robin's ears as she looked back.

"This is Black Cage Hina. Hina had a suspicion the Miss All Sunday from the guild is none other than the devil child, Nico Robin." Marine Commodore, Black Cage Hina said while chewing on a piece of gum.

"Hina should focus on a threat like you first."

Hina rushed towards Robin, as Robin smiled softly.

.....

Meanwhile, a large sum of Militia was protecting the guests from Alabasta.

"Vivi, stay here!"

"Father, look people are dying! I need to stop this war, what would you do if Alabasta was in this state?"

Vivi and Cobra were having a debate among themselves.

"They treated us like Gods the days we spent here! We can't let them die, please!"

"No means no! Why don't you understand Vivi?! Shut up!"

"But–"

Cobra raised his hands to slap Vivi but stopped midway. He had never hit her even once, he doesn't want to do it ever as well.

With a shocked expression, Vivi turned around, she ran away from there. Some tried to stop her, but she didn't let anyone touch her and ran forward.

'Wait...'

On her way, she saw Yona and her party rushing towards the forest, going after the World Nobles.

'No, they need to stop! There are still ways to fix things after this, this Kingdom can still be a part of WG if Father and that man talks with the Elders but if they harm a World Noble... then this will be the end.'

During the past 4 years, she was very interested in worldly political affairs. Her interest almost felt surreal, it's as if someone hypnotized her... though they were just her thoughts. But for that, she studied these subjects thoroughly. About kingdoms, about crimes, about forgiveness of the said crime. And also, about World Nobles.

There was an unwritten rule—If you touch a Celestial Dragon, your end is inevitable.

Unfortunately, amidst all this chaos, this exact thing was about to happen.

'I have to stop them from harming those people!'

Vivi, while barely evading the skirmish, and while the Shandian who recognized her took damage for her, ran forward and finally entered the forest.

But she was maybe too late because she saw Yona kill the Vice-Admirals as if taking birds' life.

She couldn't recognize Yona, the same girl who was calling her 'Goddess' and treating her like one.

But she knew one thing, she needs to stop them from harming the World Nobles!

'This place is filled with nice people, I don't want it to be destroyed!'

She ran forward.

At this moment, Vivi was in front of the World Noble, her arms spread in the air.

"Yona!"

Nobody noticed the hand that was behind Vivi.

"Yona, you can't harm the–???"

Suddenly, Vivi felt a hand grabbing her from behind and a cold metal pipe touching her skill.

"Kihihi, I found such a nice rat!"

It was the Noble Berseodo who had a gun touching Vivi's head.

"You aren't bad as well, but you look like royalty. I will take you as my concubine if we survive this together, kahaha!" He said while pressing his hands around Vivi's waist.

"Now now, you red-headed bitch! Don't you dare move or this girl's skull will go 'boom'!"

Yona, whose eyes were wide and had her left-hand pressing her right hand, was out of any thought.

The other two birkan caught up to her, but seeing the scene in front, they stopped.

"Our G-Goddess!"

Urouge felt anger rising within his body, he wanted to bash the skull of the Noble but seeing the gun on Vivi's head he had to force himself from not moving.

He also noticed Yona's hand was disgustingly broken, bone revealing and blood dripping down like tears.

The man ahead ordered. "You bitch, come here and lick my boots!"

Yona stared in front with a dazed look. Her lips agape a little and her eyes dizzy.

"Don't you hear me? DO IT! LICK MY BOOT!"

Bam!

Yona's body jerked as the man slammed Vivi's head with his gun, making blood drip.

"Stop! Don't hurt the Goddess!"

She recalled the words Amon said after returning from Fishman island 5 years ago. He showed Yona the picture of Vivi and talked that they were engaged. Hearing that much, Yona concluded Vivi is a literal Goddess chosen By God.

Currently, looking at Vivi she could only sense positive emotion from her, she was thinking about Yona's safety...

'This means she stopped me from attacking the heretic to stop me from coming in harm's way.'

The Noble's eyes became red in anger. "Huh? Did you just scream at me? *Bam!* How dare you! Quickly do what I'm saying!"

Yona felt rage build up in her forehead. She wanted to crack this man's head right now. There were thousands of ways she could end this man right now, after all, the man won't even realize that she has the will to attack. But-

"I will do it... don't hurt her."

Her Goddess was in danger. She can't take the chance.

....

Vivi was struggling, but the hit from the gun made her calm down a little. Her body started to shake as she started to think about what she did wrong. She saved the man's life and this is how he is treating her? Is that how every World Noble acts?

"I saved you... yet you are acting like this."

Vivi's tears fell down.

"Kihei, that's why I offered you to become my concubine!"

Vivi bit her lips. She understood how humans, or precisely how Celestial Dragon's are...

She just stared at Yona who slumped on the ground and directed her mouth towards the man's shoe.

"Yes, yes lick it! Do it, hahaha! Soon you'll lose your life too!"

Yona closed her eyes in shame and moved her tongue. She would have killed him, but there must be a reason her Goddess stepped forward and saved the heretic. She chose to believe in her Goddess than herself this time.

Was there a reason the sky became dark particularly at this moment?

'Forgive me, my lord... I'm having to lower my head to someone else other than you... forgive me.'

Or was there a reason why the wind was blowing faster?

Yona got flashbacks with Amon.... Her time that she spent with him that night. He didn't even touch her, as the graceful God he is. But today, his most devoted believer is lowering her head in front of a heretic.

Or... was there a reason why the rain was falling and thunder was crackling?

'It's because I wasn't strong enough.

Yona moved her head with her tongue out and it was about to touch the shoe...

It was then-

Zzzz... Zzzt~

A pair of large hands stopped her by the shoulders.

"Red Dragoness, raise your head, you did a fine job."

The soothing voice forced Yona to open her eyes large.

As she slowly raised her, lines of tears started to fall, her lips quivered....

"M-My Lord..."

The man, Amon smiled lightly at her as his wings soared up, blinding the whole area in a flashy light.

**

**

**

A/N: Alexa Play Giorno Theme!

This chapter was proofread by Discord members and edited by @Retuculum and @AyyZelos and @Shortmotor!

Discord: ]

 

23