Mysteries (2)
600 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 213: Mysteries (2)

Shanks was only one of the many who were in shock.

The entirety of the pirate faction was going through a roller coaster of emotions. 

First, they felt respect, fear and anxiety – then they started having suspicion. Did the Sky Emperor really defeat Big Mom one-on-one? Or did he attack her with his group?

Soon, a minority of them started having double thoughts…

"Huauauaua! Sky Emperor took down Big Mom? Bullshit! He must have used some cheap tricks!"

A huge chubby woman with a pirate hat on her head laughed. 

"As a woman, I will take down Sky Emperor first – then claim the title of Strongest Woman Alive!!"

Of course – this was only a minority. The majority of people believed what they were presented with. So the growth of Amon's faction was tremendous. 

There were also the allies of Big Mom – the ones who were truly loyal to Big Mom. Amon has killed everyone on Totto Land, but the people who were not present there at that moment got a chance of their life.

Unfortunately, 

"That bastard!! How dare he kill Mama!" A pink-haired young man who was wiping his tears cried out loud. "Sniff… I will kill him and everyone around him!!"

The remaining people were just inviting themselves to the death door. 

Meanwhile, 

All of this was very pressing for people like Monkey D. Dragon and Sengoku.

The death of Big Mom caused more female pirates to appear all over the world – in hope of becoming the Strongest Woman Alive. 

This caused pirate activity around all over the world to reach its peak. Causing both Marine and Revolutionary to be busy trying their best to keep things calm. 

But things were barely calm. 

Sengoku was comparatively under more pressure than Dragon considering his situation. 

“Hahh…” He released a long breath, rubbing his temple.

Few strands of his hair had turned white, these few days were one of the most stressful moments of his life.  

Previously he learned that his daughter is with Straw Hat Luffy. Then the news was confirmed by Warlord Gasparde who was defeated by the Straw Hats. 

Next, when Hina reached the ship and was about to retrieve Alice after beating the Straw Hats, Alice refused to cooperate.

She said she liked it in the ship – instead of being locked in one of the blues. She said, if her father really wanted her back – he should come and retrieve her by himself.

All this was keeping Sengoku pressed on – barely holding his shit in. But now – now something relatively bigger just happened!!

~Munch-Munch-Munch~

This munching sound was the last straw in his sanity.

"Aargh!" Sengoku pulled his hair, yelling on top of his lungs. He glared at the man sitting on a bench in front of him. "STOP EATING!"

The man, Garp, almost choked on his rice crackers as he started to smack his chest.

"–Cough!" He coughed. "What do you want now??"

"What do you mean, 'what do you want now?'!!?" Sengoku slammed the table. "The world is changing! In a BAD way!"

"Huh?" Garp tilted his head. "Isn't an Emperor's death good though? Now we got one less problem to worry about. All the Marines are celebrating, I don't see what you're so pressed about"

Sengoku facepalmed. "Hahh… how are you a Vice Admiral with that brain?"

Death of an emperor seemed good from the outside – but the cons that bring are more than the pros.

Sengoku explained after a deep breath, "To begin with – the Emperors only rule the New World. Even if an Emperor dies, that said Emperor's territories would be devoured by other Emperors. So nothing much changes."

"In fact, with multiple Emperors present – they wouldn't be able to become the new Pirate King since they'd hinder each other's growth." 

Seeing Garp's 'O', Sengoku almost cried. He then explained, "More so, death of an Emperor would cause other pirates to start doing more crimes in hope for getting the left-over position. Thus, the crime rates would go up – causing more problems for us."

"Ho, ho." Garp nodded, "I get it now.", and went back to eating.

Sengoku stared at him deadpanly. "Why did it take you so long to understand such a simple thing?"

This caused Garp to go serious. "Well, I wasn't thinking the aftermath of Big Mom's death… I was instead thinking about that brat Amon."

"..."

He clutched on his rice crackers. "What he did unnerves me. No matter how bad Big Mom was, we need to appreciate how great she was as a ruler. Many innocent people had their lives dependant on her – but that kid… killed them all."

There is a code of honour between high-class pirates. They rob innocents, they hurt them – but they never kill them without any proper reason. 

"Amon killed them all, there was no need for it!!" Garp growled.

Sengoku stared at his old friend's face. A series of thoughts ran over his head as he curled his fist.

"Garp… don't do anything rash." He said. "That kid is as strong as Newgate in his prime, if not stronger.”

This caused Garp to crackle up. "What are you on, Sengoku? Stronger than Newgate? You mean that kid is on par with Roger?” Garp scoffed. “Roger one of his own kind, a pure monster. Don’t compare some random kid with him!”

“This kid's trump card is speed. Considering Roger's that defence technique, this kid wouldn't even be able to scratch him."

"Besides," Garp grinned. "He was the one who defeated Xebec with me."

Sengoku stared at his friend, remembering that fight on God Valley…  Maybe it truly is a stretch to compare Amon with Roger… 

It was then when a *knock* fell on the door.

Sengoku looked at the door. "Come in."

Upon his order, a silver-haired female walked in.

"Fuyu? What brings you here." He asked, waiting for an answer as the young girl politely nodded.

Fuyu is a girl Sengoku saved from a destroyed island. Pirates had killed everyone on that island, only Fuyu survived by hiding in the well. Ever since, she hated pirates and has been in search of the particular pirates who killed her family.

Using her strong devil fruit, "Aura-Aura" no Mi, she's achieved the rank of Vice-Admiral quite easily.

She first glanced at Garp before straightening her gaze. "Fleet Admiral. We have an update on the report from a few days ago where our spies in Wano have notified us about Yamato – King of the beast, Kaido's 'Son', who left for the outside world"

A frown appeared on Sengoku's face. He already had a bad feeling about it.

"Report says, she has attacked the main ship of Whitebeard Pirates."

Thud-

Sengoku's face fell on the desk, this time, he didn't get up. "Bloody hell."

**

**

**

12