Chapter 215
616 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost forgot I have Advanced Chapters for RAS, kek. If you want to read ahead, try checking out here: www.patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 215

The research of Judge and Karna was going smoothly. 

They found traces of Ancient Giant’s (Oars’ race) DNA in Moria’s dead body that was turned into a Zombie by Yona. They were confused, since making a proper half-human half-ancient-giant was impossible artificially, how was it possible that they existed naturally?

Mother nature was more efficient than science, it seemed. 

To learn more about this, they passed this information to Robin who researched on this topic and found Moria to be part of a race called ‘Oni’, and after more research – she learned that the Oni race is a distant descendant of the Ancient Giants. So there are barely any traces of AG blood left in the so-called Onis.

Things were much clearer to Vinsmoke Judge as to why Caesar was able to (partially) succeed in making giant children and Numbers. Because Cheaser himself is an Oni, considering the horn in his head.

They also had a suspicion that Kaido, Yamato, Magellan, are also Oni – though they had no proof for it.

As mentioned before, Amon had stopped reading One Piece manga at a certain point after his father’s death – while he did know about some future plot points from the internet – most were ambiguous to him. So he had no previous idea about the ‘Oni’ race, nor about the Lunarians – though he did know about the latter now.

Anyway, now the point was – they got another lead in making Amon into a proper half-ancient giant. Moria and Cheaser, whose blood was tasted, revealed that they barely have the DNA of ancient giants, so they still had a normal life span and no special strength. 

Yet, even then, this will help a lot. If only they got the blood of a strong ‘Oni’... like (the supposed) Oni, Kaido, then it’d have been of a lot of help.

«—(★)—»

Blackbeard stood with a baffled look on his face. His crew and Ace were on the ground, lying unconscious. 

What the hell did he just witness…?

“Who was that woman?”

Conqueror's Coating… It was not as strong as Prime Whitebeard or Roger, but it was still CONQUEROR’S COATING!

That’s Yonko level shit!! How can a girl who looked merely in her 20s, use it so efficiently? That’s Roger-level, no, Xebec-level talent… 

After a long silence – Blackbeard’s shocked expression soon changed, a grin appearing on his face. 

“Zehahaha! The New Era is looking great!!” 

He laughed aloud at the sky, his voice echoing the whole island of Banaro.

He then looked down on the people laying down, his gaze eyeing Ace. “Alright, time to hand you to the marines.”

Luckily, that Advanced Conqueror’s Haki using girl was flown away by a mysterious source of lightning, which could only be of the Sky Emperor’s, from what Teach could tell. Or from the looks of it, the girl wouldn't have let him take Ace away. Though he wondered what the Sky Emperor was doing here.

Blackbeard took out a pair of seastone handcuffs, while from far away, a girl kept watching him with binoculars.

“Hm,” The short brown-haired girl hummed. “So this is the end of Ace, huh. Or I wonder if Boss has other plans for him?”

The girl, Perry, who notified Amon about the arrival of the <Thunder Bagura> user laughed to herself. If not for her notification, Amon might not have been able to save for getting beaten to death.

«—{★}—»

“Oh, you’re up?”

Amon stared down at the girl on the ground, slowly opening her eyes, while he was sitting on the branch of a tree beside her.

“Uuuu….”

She moaned while rubbing her eyes. Sitting up and opening her eyes finally, she looked around.

“Who talked just now?”

“Look up, girl. I am above.” 

At his words, she suddenly raised her head and met his eyes. First, she blinked, before narrowing her eyes, then her eyes widened.

"You–!" She glared at him. "You knocked me unconscious! Wait– I know you!"

'Oh?' Amon raised an eyebrow. 'Did she recognise me from Wano?'

"You're Sky Emperor, aren't you!? Kaido talked about you!"

Amon's eyebrow went down. 'Heh.'

"Yes, I am. Good to meet you." He smiled jumping down from the tree, landing and crouching down in front of her.

"…" She stared at him. "I am getting mad. I was supposed to interrogate that guy named Ace, why did you abduct me here??!"

Amon laughed at this. "Well, Miss, you can't cause trouble in my territory." 

"What?" She frowned. "That other guy was fighting Ace, at first. Why didn't you intervene then? Why only when I came in??"

She seemed truly annoyed and furious. She recently heard this guy, who seemed to be the same age as her, had killed Big Mom. But she wasn't scared. Though she still didn't want to fight him, so she was being as respectful as possible, but he was indeed being annoying.

Amon shrugged. "You're different from them. Fighting between pirates is a normal thing, I am no World Government who would stop those fights. But you – Ma'am –  are Kaido's child, I can't let you wreak havoc in my territory. I have a reputation to watch out for."

Bullshit. He just wanted to take her away from Ace so that Teach could bring Ace to the Marines and the War of the Best could happen. 

Yamato frowned. He was on point. As much as she hated her father, she at least knew him well enough to guarantee that he would have done the same if, let's say, Raki went to mess around in one of the islands owned by Kaido.

It's just a law among Emperors. They would see anything done by another Yonko as poking their ass.

Yamato's frown lessened. "I…" she sighed. "I promise to not cause any trouble in your territory. Just drop me to an island that's not your territory along with Ace."

Amon smiled awkwardly. "I can admire your calm mind while talking to an Emperor, but I have to disappoint you. You're too late. Blackbeard has already handed Ace to the Marines."

Yamato moved. She grabbed her club from beside her and swung it towards Amon. Though the club just went past his body as if he was just a hologram. 

"Oh–ho, not so calm anymore. Though you should stop, you don't want to die, do you?" He sighed, shook his head, and got up.

"Why do you need Ace anyway?" He asked. "I might be able to help you if you tell me that."

Yamato gritted her teeth and slammed her weapon to the ground. This guy was a dodging expert, the type she hated the mist. "And why would you help a Yonko's child? That contradicts what you just said."

"Oh well, Kaido's friendship? Big Mom is dead, from what I know – Kaido must be really mad considering his relationship with her." Amon added. "Even if I can't get his friendship, I can at least remove him from my back by helping his daughter." 

Yamato laughed with a tinge of sadness in her voice. "Unfortunately, helping me wouldn't improve your relationship with him, at all "

"Oh, sad." He sighed. "Never mind then–"

"Wait," she interrupted him. "Though it would surely improve your relationship with me. I am gonna kill Kaido, soon. After that, the whole Wano would be indebted to you if you can help me."

Amon raised an eyebrow. "Now I am interested."

"I heard you're super fast? Even if Ace was taken to the marines, could you, if possible, go and fetch a diary from him? It might not be with him at this moment, maybe he even lost it. But the least you can do is learn what happened to it, can you?"

"Interesting. What does the diary look like?"

"It's… it looks normal. The only way to recognise it is its name. It's called the.. " she hesitated for a bit before signing. "Oden's Journal."

At her request, Amon slipped his hands in his pockets and took out a green diary with a tilt of his head. "You mean this?"

Yamato's eyes went wide. "T–that! That's it!" 

She got up and tried to snatch the dairy away, to which Amon simply let her do it. 

She flipped the pages, her eyes shining seeing it as intact as it was from the time she lost it. Ace took good care of it.

She turned her face to him. "Where did you get this from?"

Amon smiled. "Well, Ace had it in his pockets that dropped when you knocked him out finally. You didn't notice since I knocked you out cold just then. I was interested in it so I picked it up."

She nodded and went back to checking the diary out. A relieved sigh escaped her lips seeing everything present there. Now she can give this to Momo without any worry. 

She again looked at him, this time seriously. "Thank you, I really mean it."

Amon waved it away. "Skip the formalities. Besides, it was a good read.

Yamato's eyes went wide. Did he read the Journal??? 

Ignoring her reaction, Amon kept talking.

"Anyway, I am pretty busy. So I gotta go." Amon prepared to leave, but he blinked as if he 'suddenly remembered something. "Oh, now that you got it back, you should return to Wano. As your benefactor, I would request you to stop trailing Ace and also stay out of the next world-shaking event that is gonna take place soon."

"Because, frankly," He smiled. "I don't want to kill you."

As Yamato froze, he waved his hand and vanished with a zap of lightning. 

Yamato blinked. "...This guy…."

He had a different aura to him. He was strong, maybe not as strong as Whitebeard, but still strong. But his strength wasn't what made him special. It was the way he talked. He was a nice person.

Yamato scratched her head. "Well, I wanted to hunt down the Marine base Ace would be taken to… but I guess I can listen to his request."

"Though…"

She sighed and looked at the horizon of the sea. Her journey lasted around a month. She's always wanted to come out of Onigashima, and now that she has finally come out…

"I am not gonna return to that shitty place anytime soon."

Maybe she should experience the life of normal people for a few days? Travelling… eating different kinds of food, meeting different kinds of people.

Maybe she should visit Skypiea first.

-

Speaking of Skypiea, 

"Hey, Luffy… are you sure about this?"

A certain crew was heading right there.

"That's the base of an Emperor. It would be dangerous."

**

**

**

Author's Note:

Yamato's journey was short. She started her journey because of a misconception, and she ended her journey because of another misconception – both initiated by the same man.

15