Chapter 02 – Ehhh?
2.6k 9 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, let’s take things slow here.

Even after saying such a cool catch-phrase (not a parody), there is not much happening in reality.

The reason for that, is this number on my status.

 

⊱⇱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰⌍

Power points: 10

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏

 

Such a pathetic number.

How many did I have when I first became a god? 

It was too long ago even for a god’s memory to remember.

“It was about 2,000,000.”

Rina floated around and said.

“If I could give a criticism, I would say that you misused those power points badly. Creating a new world shouldn’t use up all of your power. But alas, I was not able to intervene even if I desperately want to correct your idiotic ways.”

“It’s because you were a hugging pillow then.”

“NO. I’M. NOT! I have consciousness! It’s you who treated me as a hugging pillow!”

Rina slapped me with her fur hands.

It was soft.

Now, what could I do with only 10 PP (power points)? 

It was like deciding whether you got a McDonald or a BurgerKing.

In either way, you’re broke.

10 power points to a God is like sand. You could barely create 1000 living beings.

And that was the cost to create the bodies alone.

Inserting a will into them would require another big investment, one that I could not afford.

Maldea was just so huge and diverse, with the best of details that I carefully handcrafted.

In gaming terms, it would be a triple A game, no, the triple A of triple A games.

It was a dazzling world with a medieval fantasy theme, gorgeous nature, complex ecosystems and a full-fledged magic system on top.

In other words, it’s an ever-evolving world with my favorite gaming elements.

But right now I don’t have the necessary PP (power points) to enjoy this world.

It was like seeing your favorite title come out and you were too broke or too absorbed into other things to buy it.

And when you could finally afford it, the player base had moved on to other games. You missed the prime time to enjoy its multiplayer experience.

Offline games would solve this problem, but I was not interested. 

Playing games alone at home is lame.

Playing games alone with net people is a little bit less lame.

That’s my line of thought.

That’s why I like to play MMORPGs, but I can play other online games too. The human interaction is great, and it was not as clunky as real-life interaction. The chance of falling into an awkward situation was a lot less.

And if you ever fell into one, you could simply walk away.

In real life, that would not be so easy.

Maybe because you are exposing yourself to the world in real life, and in a game, you would just use your avatar.

A mask to your true self, one that you would not fear to tarnish or embezzle. A second life.

That’s what made games appealing to me, and probably that was the same to others too.

Seriously though, I died once, so why could I still not escape from the evil grab of capitalism?

Is that a cross-universe thing or what? I’m a God, and I still need to work for money?

What could you even do with 10 power points?

“Rina-chan, do you know what I could do to earn more points? I only know how to spend it~”

Working on Maldea is the only thing I ever did after becoming a god, so I’m not well-versed in other things.

I reached my hand to hug Rina-chan, but she dodged.

“I don’t know, you’re supposed to be the God here.”

“Ah, right, it’s because you’re a hugging pil-”

Rina kicked my mouth.

“Not allowed! Banned! Blacklisted!”

“Ok, ok, I understand, no more hugging pil-”

“You just said it again!”

“But I pulled out, see?”

“Whatever...”

Rina let out a long sigh. Can a hugging pillow even sigh?

“I don’t know the exact ways, but apparently you could use one of these ways to gain power points. Either increase your own worshippers, or kill other god’s worshippers, or any religious activities. They just need to be directed at you.”

“Ehhh~, very fantasy-ish if I must say. How do you know these though?”

“Me? I watch all those gods.”

“What gods? I’m the only one here. Are you cheating on me Rina? I will be sad you know.”

“I’M NOT! The gods in this goddamn world you created with 2 million power points!”

“Ehhh!?”

61