Chapter 03 – Solution?
2.6k 17 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Apparently, in my slumber, a lot of gods have surfaced in Maldea.

They were born out of people’s will, or in this world, the various races’s will.

They are the fruit of their hopes and dreams, representative of their collective power. They held significant power, and could cast divine judgments and miracles.

Each race worshipped one god for the most part. There are races that worshipped multiple, but they are the lesser ones in the chart.

The gods are in constant conflict with each other, and war waged under the banner of religion is as recurring an event as a weekend camping trip.

“In other words, a bunch of fakes and mobs.”

“I’m sorry to break it up to you but, not even one of them has as low as 10 power points. YOU are the mob here.”

“But I’m a ‘true’ god! It’s in the name, Rina! They are born from my world!”

“So what? You only have 10 power points. Even the weakest of them could crush you in a heartbeat. And you are not entirely faultless you know?!”

“What do you mean Rina-chan?”

“It’s because you spent 2 million points in a single world! That caused the magic levels in Maldea to be so abundant that gods could be born! Seriously, how could someone lacking vision and common sense like you be a goddess!?”

“Ehhh~, so what you mean is that, I should fear the creatures from my own world, which I myself created? Aren’t I like, their mother? Shouldn’t they be filial children and be nice to me?”

Rina laughed. Her mouth curved into a creepy smile.

“Sure, if you think they will be nice to you, their 'mother', then go ahead and notify them of your existence. I’m sure they will be very happy to come over and have tea.”

“Right? I’m such a nice mother, no, a nice god after all.”

“Then that means you will also allow them to devour you whole, crunch your soul between their teeth and swallow it down?”

“Wha-, children will never do that to their mother! What are you saying Rina-chan!”

“You might have created this world, but I’m the one who observed it from its beginning until now. If we have to decide who has a better voice in this discussion, it has to be me. The practice I just told you about is called ‘Godslayer’. Do you know how the current gods became so strong? They eat other gods.”

“And when their ‘mother’, who was the true god of this world with the purest of soul, appeared with only 10 power points, weaker than a white rabbit, what do you think your children will do? Let you pat their heads? When devouring you would help them attain true power and enlightenment?”

Rina paused.

“When you first woke up, it was not without noise. I had to block them so that other gods would not know of your existence. You are in danger now, very much so. With the meager power points I absorbed from your god space, I could not hide you forever. You need to earn your own power points.”

I rolled my eyes.

This felt too familiar.

Why did it feel like my mother lecturing me on getting a job?

Mom, is that you?

Why are you a doll and so cute?

No, no, I should not be chasing rabbits here.

If what Mom … Rina-chan said is true, then it would be really bad.

I don’t want to get eaten.

Even if my existence is currently useless, I don’t want to die again.

I don’t remember how I passed away in my past life, but I’m sure my family would be sad.

If I died here, will Rina get sad?

I don’t want to know.

That’s why I have to avoid it. I could not be lazy anymore.

Ehhh~

Ehhh~

“Rina-chan, do you have a plan then?”

As I thought, thinking hard is just too much hassle.

Let Rina-chan (Mom) take care of the brainstorming phase.

“I don’t!? Who is the god here? I’m busy enough warding your delicious soul.”

Ehh, that’s no good?

Muuu, what to do then?

About the card in my hand, I did implement an RPG system for this world as one of the first feature, but never had the chance to use it.

There is no need after all, everything could take its own path and develop, kinda like an evolution thing.

Modern abstraction like a gaming system was not needed, and it would not be useful anyway.

Most lifeforms had low intelligence back then.

Nevertheless, I did introduce some RPG concepts though. Things like level, EXP, skills and magic.

I basically left all of them to grow on their own.

No, it’s not neglect. I gave them a proper growing environment. I’m a good mother after all.

I spent 2 million points on crafting Maldea alone, and was left with not much to improve my situation here.

What could I do with only 10 power points?

Opening a lemonade stand?

Memories I never knew I had started to flood back.

My only solution right now is to use this gaming system.

The RPG system is already here, what I lack is only living materials to attach the system on.

Creating new beings would be too expensive. The cost for a new body and a soul would make me homeless.

It’s like making electronics. The frame and hardware were outsourced to a foreign country with cheap labor, then it got transported back to the home country to install the brainy part of the device.

Creating a living being is even more simple. At least you don’t need a degree.

Make a body, plug the soul in, and it is basically done. It’s like making pasta.

The bodies are cheap, but the soul is very expensive.

If you created a blank soul, it would be cheaper, but then it would take time and an environment to mature. The results cannot be controlled well.

Wait, soul?

A switch flipped in my mind.

Where do I find souls that are docile, easy to control, and full of energy?

Souls that could do the most menial of tasks if asked without any questioning? Furthermore, they are not afraid of death and could adapt well to an RPG system?

Hmm~

I think I knew specifically where to look for. 

But it’s a hit or miss.

I concentrated on my thought, and soon, a blank canvas appeared.

It resembled a starry sky, but without stars. No, there is actually one dim star here.

It was Rina’s.

This place is my Inner Palace, contrary to the Outer Palace that is my god space. 

I could control my god system at a greater depth here.

But upon entering the Inner Palace, I was greeted with a shocking truth.

“I don’t have any worshippers…?”

“How could you have any! You don’t even show yourself! No one knows who you are!”

“Even my so-called godchildren?”

“They too! I was scratching my head because it was painful to look at! How could you be so careless!”

“I totally forget about that … I think I got so worked up on the design of this mountain at that time, then I fell asleep.”

“Ugh! Stop saying, or I might catch your dumb virus.”

“Hey, that’s not nice. I’m smart.”

“Whatever, do it yourself, I’m busy keeping up your shield.”

After the conversation with Rina-chan (Mom), I switched my focus back to the Inner Palace.

Concentrating my will, I went beyond the fabric of this universe using the god system, and arrived at a familiar place.

The sky, without any notice, was swarmed over by unending lines of digits, and information flew chaotically in all directions.

“New hyped game title for 2021! Extreme graphics, great storyline, realistic physics! For sale now at only $49.99!”

“New console released! Will this new champion beat other products in the market? Watch till the end to know!”

“A man reportedly died while playing games non-stop for two days. Like and subscribe with notifications on for more daily news!”

The information was ridiculous, but that did not stop the feeling of familiarity to wash all over me. It was as if I have been here for ages.

“Finally...”

“I’m home.”

 

That's the end of today's batch.

How do you feel about this story so far?

58