Chapter 3: The training arc
4.2k 8 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Sorry for the late chapter (for those who actually care about it) I had to deal with both school work and accidentally deleting full blocks of text again and again and having to rewrite them. This chapter is a bit short but I will try to compensate for it. Please treat me well.

Today was another normal day.

"Ruuuuuuuuuun!!!"

Just another normal day.

"Saaaaaaave meeeeee!!!"

This day was a day just like any other. 

"Rieeeeellll!!! Don't leave me behiiiiiiind!!!"

"I will never forget yooouuuu!!!"(Riel)

"And where do you think you're going?" (Mom)

"H-hieee!!!" (Riel)

Yep, just another normal day. These days, it's normal for both you and your friend to get chased around by a black-haired demon also known as the dreaded housewife

"W-w-whats with those menacing eyes m-m-mom?" (Riel)

"Fufufu. Didn't I tell you? If you get caught this time, you better be prepared to be in a world of pain." (Mom)

"Noooooooo!!!" (Riel)

This all started when I had turned 5.

2 years ago.

""""Happy Birthday Riel!!!"""

"Thanks a lot!!!" (Riel)

"Thanks for inviting me to the party." (Vier)

"Nah, it's nothing. You are my friend anyways Vier." (Riel)

This is Vier. We became friends when my parents had introduced me to our neighbours. They had a child that was my age so they encouraged us to become friends. Vier was timid so I was the one that was taking charge. Thankfully we hit it off quickly. This was in part because we kept playing chess together. It turns out that both I and Vier were prodigies when it came to chess as we had apparently improved drastically in a short amount of time. Even I was surprised at how fast I improved. I mean like, I didn't even know how to play chess in my last life yet here I was, second place in the family when it came to chess. Even Papa said that just a few more years and I would be able to dominate him every single time. Also, the ranking goes Papa>Me>Nee-chan>Mom. It didn't necessarily mean that Nee-chan was talented, it just happened that Mom has zero, if not, negative talent when it comes to those kinds of things. Papa was surprisingly good though. Maybe if I actually played chess in my last life, I would've become famous but I guess it's too late considering I died. 

But what really helped me and Vier get along was the fact that both of us had similar dreams. Both of us want to become strong albeit for different reasons. Vier apparently has a crush on Nee-chan and want to become strong for the sake of impressing her. But to be honest, I don't blame him. I mean look, Nee-chan is a bonafide beauty but then again the same can be said for the rest of my family. Genes truly are superior. But Vier also does have the potential to become an ikemen but that doesn't mean anything to me. I won't let anyone worthless get close to Nee-chan. I swear I'm not a siscon or anything.

Anyways, today is the day I will carry out my genius plan, the "I can't ruin my Child's Dream plan". I will use my birthday as an excuse to tell my parents that my dream is to become an adventurer when I grow up. This will make it so that my dreams will be stuck in their minds until my 7th birthday when I finally tell them that I will be an adventurer. Because of the fact that I will tell them beforehand, they won't dismiss it as just a whim of some sorts and would have a harder time trying to reject my decision. I had been thinking about this plan for a while and now is my time to carry it out, however,

"Mom, Papa, I wanna become an adventurer when I grow up." (Riel)

""Sure."" (Both)

'W-what?'

"R-really?" (Riel)

""Yep."" (Both)

"I always knew this day would come." (Mom)

"Riel, Layla, it's time we told you the truth." (Papa)

""Papa?""

"You see here kids, your mom used to be a B-class adventurer. Well, to be exact, she was about to be promoted into an A-class adventurer but she retired right before the guild officially promoted her." (Papa)

This explains why we call her Mom. You see, it's physically impossible for both me and Nee-chan to call her Mama or Mommy. She always had this atmosphere that it so it just felt wrong to use either of those even though Mom had insisted for both if us to call her Mama. In fact, both I and Nee-chan had at one point vomited because we forced ourselves to call her Mama. It was so severe that even calling her Mom was a compromise. I was willing to even address her as Mother and even 'our holy Matriarch'. 

"Then why did Mom retire?" (Layla)

"Well, you see Layla, I became pregnant with you." (Mom)

"That's right, your Mom retired when she was pregnant with Layla. When she retired, both of us decided to settle down here, my hometown. This house actually my parent's house, but they died just 2 years before Layla was born. Have you ever wondered why we were able to live peacefully even though neither I nor your Mom have jobs? Well, that's because we have been living off both my and your Mom's savings. Of course, most of the money is hers." (Papa)

"Was Papa also an adventurer, or was he something cool like a magician?" (Layla)

"Nope, Papa here was a guild receptionist. He was popular with the female adventurers due to his face though." (Mom)

"Wait, so just how much money do we have saved up?" (Riel)

"Roughly enough to raise 3 of our future grandchildren." (Papa)

""What?!?!"" (Riel & Layla)

"Yep." (Papa)

Holy shit that's a lot of money. Those bandits would've made so much bank.

"So about me being an adventurer?" (Riel)

"Ah yes. I will allow it, but on one condition. That is if I approve of your strength." (Mom)

Woah there, Mom has a strange look in her eyes. This looks really bad. 

"M-meaning??" (Riel)

"I will personally train you." (Mom)

Why does it feel more of a death sentence than actual training? What is hat mad look in her eyes like I'm some sort of prey? Is Papa actually an M? Is this why Papa married Mom? Oh God, oh God I'm sooooooo scared right now!!!

"Hmm, why do I feel like someone is thinking about rude things?" (Mom)

"W-w-what do you mean mom? That can't be possible. Who would ever think badly of you in any sort of way. You're the best mom in the world Mom." (Riel)

"Why thank you Riel." (Mom)

Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck that was scary as shit.

"U-u-umm, can I a-a-ask a question?" (Vier)

"Hmm? What is it, Vier?" (Mom)

"I-i-its more of a s-s-selfish request. C-c-can I b-b-be part of the t-t-training too?" (Vier)

"Why sure you can my dear Vier." (Mom)

Holy fuck mom has a worse look now. It looks as if she had just found a new toy.

"Well in that case, both of you should be ready by dawn tomorrow." (Mom)

"D-d-dawn?" (Riel)

You've gotta be kidding me!!!

"Did I stutter?" (Mom)

*gulp*

"Anyways, you should go home now Vier, it's getting pretty late." (Mom)

"Y-yes, thanks for everything Riel, and Riel's family." (Vier)

"It's no problem." (Riel)

"It's fine, I'll be picking you up tomorrow so you better be awake by then. Also when you get home, tell your parents about this, I'm sure they won't say no." (Mom)

And that was the day where everything had changed. 

112