Chapter 4: My personal hell
3.9k 4 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Once again, sorry for the late chapter(for those who care). I had to do a lot of things today, with one of them eating up 3 hours of my time. For those wondering why the chapters have been slowly decreasing in size, this is merely a coincidence. The chapter size isn't dependent on my capabilities as an author but rather that I felt as if it was the right time to end the chapter. With that being said, I am planning a double chapter release either later today or tomorrow depending on when I can finish writing it.

And once again, please treat me well.

*Knock* *Knock*

'Hmm? What is this?'

*Knock* *Knock*

'What is this noise so early in the morning?'

*Knock* *Knock*

'Let me sleep...'

...

'Ah finally, some peace and quiet.'

*THUD* *CRASH*

Startled by the loud noise, I slowly peek where the sound came from and saw my door broken apart.

"W-what the fu-?" (Riel)

Right before I had managed to finish my words, I sense an ominous presence behind me and proceed to turn my gaze upon the said presence. I then saw Mom with the most crazed look that I have ever seen in my eyes. For the first time in my second life, I had wanted to piss my pants. She had then proceeded to mutter such normal words in the most terrifying way.

"Didn't I tell you to prepare for dawn? So why aren't you up yet?" (Mom)

"But mom, it isn't dawn yet, isn't it? I mean, the sun isn't up yet." (Riel)

"Ah, well that's my bad." (Mom)

"Ok, well I'm going back to sleep." (Riel)

"It seems I have forgotten to inform both you and Vier that an adventurer's dawn starts just about now" (Mom)

"B-but I'm still slee-" (Riel)

"No buts, right?" (Mom)

Said Mom with the most menacing smile I had ever seen in both my lives. From what I see, I think an adventurer's sleeping time starts really late. I might just die before I turn 9.

"Now, off we go." (Mom)

"Wha-" (Riel)

I get startled because mom had grabbed the scruff of my neck and had stormed out of the house. We ended up right outside of Vier's house where mom had left me while she went in. I was too scared to fall asleep, let alone sneak back home so I decided to wait there until she came back. 

"Riel?" (Vier)

"What's up?." (Riel)

Mom had returned with Vier in the same state as I was in just a few minutes ago. Mom then proceeded to do the same to me and had sprinted away in a direction for 10 or so minutes. We ended up about a hundred meters south of the village. The place she brought us to was a forest that the children of the village were told to not approach due to wild animals such as wolves and bears. 

"Umm, why are we here mom?" (Riel)

"This is where we're training from now on." (Mom)

"Every day?" (Vier)

"No, not every day. For specialised training, we'll be using a cave somewhere around here." (Mom)

I can't even begin to imagine what that so-called special training really is.

"Anyways, we start off with muscle training. First off is one lap around a track I have made. Just so you know, the track is 100 meters all around. Second would be 5 push-ups. Third would be 10 sit-ups. Then 10 jumping jacks. After that would be 10 reps of weightlifting. By the way, the weights are about 500 grams heavy." (Mom)

It might be too much for a child, but I might be able to handle it when I get used to it.

"Also, if you manage to successfully do the exercises, I'll increase the workload for the respective exercises. For the sprint, it would be an additional 1 lap per day. After that would be 5 additional push-ups. After that would be 10 additional sit-ups. 10 additional jumping jacks. And lastly 1 additional rep for weightlifting. However, I'll also be adding 250 grams to the weights. Also, for every exercise you fail to do, I'll be subtracting 30 minutes of break time. Also, we will be training from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. with 30-minute breaks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also, I would very much appreciate if you don't intentionally slack just so that the workload doesn't increase. If I ever catch you doing so, let's just say it would end up good." (Mom)

What's with that scary look she made while saying the last sentence? I guess that plan is a big nope. Not like I was gonna do it. But maybe Vier might have just thought of it. Who knows? But wow, this is gonna be hell. 

"Now for the rest of the day, I'll be teaching you guys how to fight. My main weapon is the sword, but I am also proficient with a lot of other weapons such as the mace, the spear, the quarterstaff, the bow and arrow, daggers, the war hammer, and the great axe. For the record, I can use just about any sword including short swords, long swords, rapiers, katanas, and much more." (Mom)

Holy fuck, mom is so high-spec. Wait, wasn't mom an a-class adventurer? Then how we're the bandits capable of killing her?  Does it mean the bandits were individually weak but excel in group fights? Or was it that the bandits had some sort of trump card? Maybe the black mage had cursed her or something. Wait no, it doesn't make sense as he was known to be a low ranking black mage before the power-up. Wait, just because they were able to handle one a-class doesn't mean they couldn't handle anyone else. Maybe they just got lucky or were just barely able to win. I guess this means I have to be strong, if not, stronger than Mom. I can only hope that I'm able to do that. But can I achieve it in just a span of 4 years? Bah, who cares. If I can't do it, then it's just meant to be. If I fail, then I die. It's as simple as that. It just means that I have to do my best. But before that

"Hahaha, now starts the hel-, I mean intensive training!!!" (Mom)

""You let out your intentions midway!!!"" (Both)

And thus starts my personal hell.

97