Chapter 34: Entrance Exam (3)
2.3k 14 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
To those who were patient and like my story, I am back! And this time, I am very much back. I wanted to make a new chap tomorrow but I'm being dragged by my family again so I guess that'll have to wait. The next chapter will be on Sunday at the earliest so yeah. And next week will be a lot of new chapters since there isn't school for an entire week. Either 10 chapters are 5 long ones. Who knows. Anyways, to those that have been waiting and stayed, thanks a lot for supporting me and my first ever story. To those that have run out of patience and left, sucks to suck nerd cause I am back. I'm joking of course. Rather, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience but I really had to take a break since not only was it exams, but there were a lot of requirements I had to submit which included coding, a research paper, and well, math. Also, a bit of good news for us(mostly me), there are only a few more months left in my school calendar meaning that I'll be free for a few months soon. With that being said, and as always, please treat me well. -DurianDude

Tsurugi POV

Other than a rival, another existence that my father told me was necessary for a swordsman would be a mentor. A teacher would be someone who teaches you how to use a sword, but for a true swordsman, a mentor isn't just someone who teaches you how to swing a sword, but rather, someone who you will set not just as your goal that you have to surpass, but someone who will make you into the greatest swordsman to have ever lived. Just because someone taught you how to swing a sword doesn't make them your mentor.

Being a disciple means that you carry your mentor's name with you. All your actions will either bring shame or honor to your mentor's name. Being a disciple means that people will recognize you as your mentor's disciple. Being a disciple means that every swing of your sword is imbued with all the wisdom and discipline your mentor has instilled into you. Being a disciple means that every breath you take is dedicated to your mentor.

To a swordsman. a mentor-disciple bond is deeper than a father-son bond. Therefore one must choose a mentor that you yourself worthy. Of course, the same applies to a mentor. A mentor-disciple relationship cannot be formed one-sidedly. Both parties have to acknowledge the other in order to be called mentor and disciple.

I have met many swordsmen in my life, those stronger than me, and those weaker than me, but never have I seen someone who I could call my mentor. It's not that I couldn't learn from them at all, in fact, if I had chosen to be mentored by someone a long time ago, I'm pretty sure I would've awakened already. But there was one problem, I knew that none of them would help me achieve my goal, to be the strongest swordsman that has ever lived. I knew that if I were to be their disciple, I would've hit another limit one way or another, but then I found him.

Riel Lostbelt, neither a well-renowned swordsman nor a noble. In fact, I'm pretty sure almost nobody knew of his existence until now. Yet he was a monster. He was able to use sword aura at a young age and completely toyed with me. Sure there were multiple people that were way stronger than him, but I knew that he was the one who would bring me the closest to achieving my dream of becoming the strongest swordsman to have ever lived.

Now, why didn't I say that he would help me achieve my dream? Well simple, that dream was impossible, because he will become the strongest. As much as I am stubborn, there are things that even I cannot refute. Those things that I speak about are the fundamental truths of the world such as how it takes a male and a female to create children, how people will eventually die, and lastly, how Riel Lostbelt will become the strongest swordsman to have ever lived. That's why instead of aiming for the impossible to reach number 1, I will be satisfied with being the impossible to reach number 2.


Riel POV

"E-excuse me? Could you say that again real quick? I think I misheard you." (Riel)

"Please make me your disciple! I wish to learn from you!" (Tsurugi)

Haa? Disciple? Isn't it supposed to be "rival"?!?! What could've possibly have changed in this timeline? Wait a minute, I think it's all starting to make sense. I think that because I did something different in this timeline, some butterfly effect happened and indirectly caused Tsurugi's combat power to be lower than it is in the game. Maybe Zeichs dying indirectly affected Tsurugi's growth. If this were the case, then it makes sense for the battle with Tsurugi to be very easy.

Another possibility would be that I'm way stronger than Riel in the game, but that doesn't make sense at all. I mean, there's no way I could've beat Tsurugi under normal circumstances. I mean, look at me. I've been slacking off for the past few years. There's absolutely no way I could've beaten Game Tsurugi with my current strength. But now that I think about it, I should really start training again. Slacking off was nice and all, but I'm pretty sure I was just lucky this time. Who knows if I'll end up pissing someone important off. That being said, I guess I should take him in as a "disciple" considering the fact that I'm the reason why he ended up being so weak.

"U-uhm, sure. You're my disciple now, I guess." (Riel)

I say while scratching my cheek.

"R-really? Y-yes! I won't disappoint you Riel-san, no, Riel-sama, no, Riel-sensei! Hmm, it still doesn't sound right. Ah, I know. Master!" (Tsurugi)

"M-master? Isn't that a bit too much?" (Riel)

"No! You're very much deserving of being called Master! Anything else wouldn't be enough to describe your greatness! In fact, people should worship you! You should be revered and called the Exalted On—" (Tsurugi)

"Yeah yeah, I get it! Master is fine so stick with it!" (Riel)

"I understand Master!" (Tsurugi)

Hahaha, another headache. I already have headache No. 1 and now I have to take care of another one. How tiring. Well, if anything, I guess I can say that my high school life won't be boring at all.


Meanwhile

Liz POV

Hmm? Why do I have the feeling that I lost my role to someone? 

My thoughts were then interrupted as I bumped into someone.

""Ouch""

""Ah, sorry""

""No, it's fine. It's my fault""

We then looked at each other's faces and started laughing.

"Hahaha, sorry, I kinda spaced out there." (Liz)

"No, it's fine, I also spaced out there." 

"I guess it's both our faults then huh?" (Liz)

"Yeah. Oh, my name's Albert. How about you?" (Albert)

"My name's Elizabeth, but my friends call me Liz." (Liz)

"Ok. Nice to meet you Liz." (Albert)

"Nice to meet you too Albert." (Liz)

"Hmm, you look kind of familiar? Have we met before?" (Albert)

"I don't think so. I only know one other person so it couldn't have been you." (Liz)

"Hmm, was it a guy? Black hair, a bit taller than you, and kind of good looking?" (Albert)

"You know Riel?" (Liz)

"Nope. But I have seen the two of you together. What a coincidence though. To think that I'd meet one of the lovebirds that got entry to the secret garden on the streets." (Albert)

"Ah, you mean that garden? A-a-also what do you mean l-l-l-lovebirds?" (Liz)

"Yes? Aren't the two of you dating? I mean, you two looked very lovey-dovey to me. I guess I was wrong." (Albert)

"Uehehehe~, me and Riel, lovebirds? Uehehehehe~" (Liz)

"What'd you say? I didn't catch it." (Albert)

"N-no, i-it was nothing!" (Liz)

"If you say so~" (Albert)


Riel POV

Hmm? Why do I feel like someone took my role?

"Master?" (Tsurugi)

"Y-yes?" (Riel)

"You stopped walking. Is something the matter?" (Tsurugi)

"N-no, it was nothing. I just had a weird feeling." (Riel)

"Is it your instinct detecting incoming danger? We should prepare for combat!" (Tsurugi)

"N-no! It's nothing! So stop drawing your sword!" (Riel)

"Really? If Master says so then I guess it's safe." (Tsurugi)

Phew, we stopped him from going crazy. Still though, what was that weird feeling I got? Eh, I'm pretty sure it was nothing important.

Also, just so you know, the "master" that Tsurugi uses isn't "Goshujin-sama" but rather "Shisho". Don't you dare get any funny ideas. :)

82