Chapter 35: The first day of school (1)
2.2k 7 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, the awaited "first day of school" has come. As for the magic exams, nothing worth noting happened. Well, that makes sense though seeing as the magic exam is basically just people recording your magic levels and just ranking people based on those results. As for the rest of the days, I did what any normal person would do, sit back and relax while doing nothing. At first, I was a bit unsure about the results that I'd get, but after actually going through with the exams I realized that I was basically guaranteed to pass. I'm not the most confident about my combat and magic results, but I'm sure that I got most of the written exam questions right. I should be guaranteed a free pass, from just that so I just spent the rest of the days slacking off in Lime-sensei's lab. Hmm? Why aren't I training? Well, "I'll do it tomorrow" is what I kept on saying to myself and it just ended up like this. Don't worry though, I'm 1oo% sure that I'll start training when classes start. Yeah, 100% sure...

With that being said, it's about time to go to school.


Come to think of it, I am the only commoner in this year's batch. I was kind of hoping that there would be some random commoner who would pass this time around due to some weird butterfly effect, but I guess that was impossible as well. I could easily tell since I was apparently the only guy around here that decided to make his way to the academy on foot. What was I thinking? Now I just look like an absolute fool. Ah, this is so embarrassing! I can even sense the mockery coming from inside the carriages. Argh, I want to die!!!

This is what I get for skimping on money. And I thought I could get away with some free spending money that Lime-sensei gave to me for a carriage. Ugh, I just want to beat the shit out of past me. Regardless, it's a bit too late to do anything about it. If I tried going back and trying to find a carriage, I'd end up being very late on my first day of school no less. Sigh, I guess I'll have to suck it up.

I then walk up to the gate where a few guards are being stationed. I then walk up to one of them.

"Hmm, what are you doing around here? Are you one of the new students?" (Guard)

Thank god these guards are disciplined. I wouldn't know what I'd do if they started making fun of me right now. I'd probably end up breaking down and crying from the shame.

"Y-yes." (Riel)

"Okay then. Please show me your letter of acceptance and we'll let you in." (Guard)

"O-okay. Here." (Riel)

I then hand him three different letters that are colored red, yellow, and blue. 

"Three huh? You must be very talented then." (Guard)

The reason why the guard said that is because each of the letters signifies that the recipient has been accepted for their results in each of the three different categories. Most people only get one with some people getting two, but getting three is a whole 'nother level. It means that my results in all three exams are good enough by themselves to be accepted into the academy. Even if I only showed him one of them, I would be let in.

"Well then, I guess you can go in. But before you go, can I ask a question?" (Guard)

"Yes?" (Riel)

"Why didn't you come in a carriage?" (Guard)

Shit.

"Uhh, well, it's complicated." (Riel)

"Is that so? I guess everyone has their own circumstances. Well then, I'm sorry for taking your time." (Guard)

"No no, it's all good." (Riel)

I then walk into the academy. I didn't really get a good look back then since unlike now, I was in a carriage like a sane person would be, but now that I see it, this place really is amazing. I can see why this is known as the most prestigious school in the kingdom. Just the front part of the academy is already majestic enough to make you wonder whether or not this was the actual castle. The distance between the gate and the actual building was so large that only people like me without any common sense would come here on foot. But what really made it majestic was the beautiful garden. However, no matter how good of a garden it is, no way did it top the secret garden me and Liz were in a week ago. But needless to say, this was still a majestic sight to see.

As I was admiring the scenery in front of me, the sound of a carriage moving brought me back to reality and reminded me that school was about to start. I then start to make my way to the academy's gymnasium where the entrance ceremony is being held. Considering the fact that the place itself was huge, I started running instead of walking since I knew that I'd end up late if ever I stalled any longer. I managed to reach the entrance to the building itself. Here I saw some people get out of their carriages and are being guided by the staff. One of the staff then approached me.

"Welcome, Mister Lostbelt. Please follow me to the gymnasium." 

"Umm, okay." (Riel)

That really caught me off guard. I didn't expect that he'd suddenly come up to me and say my name. This customer service is really top-notch. This feels like one of those 5-star hotels in my old life that many people would kill to stay a night in. I should know, I won a free week there with my family in a lottery. The weirdest thing is, it wasn't even the luckiest thing that happened to me in my old life. Well, that's a story for another time, right now, I'm about to face one of the most difficult obstacles that I will ever face, the nobles.

81