HC 1 – Economy
4.4k 5 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HCs, Help Chapters, will take place in hindsight, exploring small events that happened during Necro's education that help you understand the economic, political and tributary structure of the world this story is involved in. If you have interest in checking out, this whole story is based on Medieval Europe and while all the characters are of my own creation, Houses, Countries and Economy can be traced back as a parallel to real world ones.
Hope you understand the Economy better now.

Necro, bored with her lectures, started to read a heavy and large book. Her teacher tried to complain, but such book was related to what he was teaching, so he let her be.

"Hmmm…" She murmured as she flipped through the pages, while in the background, her teacher gave a pointless explanation of how to sum. She had told him that she already knew how to do it, but he paid her no heed.

The book contents were as follows:

"During the rule of Vladislav II, due to the short supply of silver, Wallachia ceased the coinage of silver coins. Vlad III continued such practice due to the large influx of foreign coins, given the trade with Ungri. The now used standard was the Geld System, where the large gold coin had a value of 1000. Locals tend to name the value as Kit, the reason for it is not completely understood, since it's only meant to be a number, but is likely a misinterpretation of the word Karat.
A Large gold coin weighs 24 Karat, whereas the small version weighs half as much.
Silver coins, Made of Electro, brought from Ungri, weigh a Trachy, comparable to roughly 2 Karat of gold. Due to the rarity of silver, it may be worth more in a couple years."

'Oh… So that's why now it's 5 for a small coin instead of 6…' Necro was fully concentrated on the reading, while the poor instructor kept explaining sums to Necro, who just blankly nodded from time to time, going back to the book.

"Small silver coins are also made of Electro, but weigh in half as much. The last accepted foreign coin is the Copper Billon, Due to lack of proof of its composition, this coin has it's value halved. In earlier days, 26 Billons were enough to equate a Karat, but due to this, 42 are now needed. To simplify the Geld System, a value of 10 is attributed to the Billon. At last, the coin used to pay the crops and taxes, the Copper. A single copper is worth 1. despite being called Small Copper, it has the same weight and size as a Copper Billon, its color is much darker and earthy."

'Oh, so we have 6 coins… Interesting'

"A Bullion of said material is equivalent to 200 of such coins both in value and weight."

"Master, what is a Bullion?"

"Bullion? That's a metal bar we use in the treasury."

"Thanks." She closed the book in her hand, leaving it by her side for later.
Since he had helped her, paying attention to what he was saying for a handful of minutes was the best she could offer as a thanks.

150