April Fools – It’s all over (Bad Ending @Ch 56)
4.6k 38 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wake up!

 

Necro heard a distant voice. 

 

"Wake up!"

 

She knew this voice... It was Ace's.

 

"They're here! We gotta go!"

 

"What!?" She woke up startled. Ace threw her clothes at her, already dressed. The sounds of metal clashing could be heard coming from the outside. A single ray of sunlight illuminated the inside  of the tent as Necro rushed to dress herself with only the dress itself, shoving her underwear into her inside pockets."Let's go."

 

As soon as she got outside, a carnage was taking place. Hundreds of men of full armor clashing each other is a bloodbath. Some wore the green and red colors of the Ungrian empire, while others, the white and gold of the sacred army. In front of the tent, a single paladin fought people of both colors at once, her armor painted red with the blood of her fallen opponents. 

 

"Mary!" Ace yelled leaving the tent, using her paper circle to launch a water blade at the men sneaking onto her. The blade of water hit the side of their bodies, cutting their arms off and leaving a deep wound halfway into their chest. Ace and Necro ran towards Mary as they cast magic continuously, quickly depleting part of their mana pools. 

 

"You two! Take shelter, they haven't made it into the cabin. I'll hold them back until both sides are thinned out." Mary yelled as she bashed a soldier with her shield.

 

"Where are the guys?" Ace asked, picking a sword from the ground and throwing it like a lance, stopping the movement of another soldier enough for Mary to finish him. 

 

"Hal should be fighting somewhere over there." She pointed with her face towards the side of the shack.

 

"What about Bid?" Necro asked, after a fireball boiled a white knight alive.

 

"No clue. He's not here." Mary turned around, facing another incoming soldier who was charging towards her from the woods. 

 

*thud*

 

A dull sound echoed, before Mary fell to her knees.

 

"MARY!?" Ace yelled, ready to run towards her, but Necro held her by the arm, pulling her towards the tent.

 

"It's too late. Look." She pointed towards the fletching of an arrow that could be seen peeking from the front of Mary's helmet. 'I know this arrow...' She thought to herself, never ceasing to walk backwards towards the shed.

 

"BID YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Ace was the one who yelled, recognizing the arrow, mustering all her remaining mana on a large water spell. 

 

"Ace! Stop!" Necro tried to stop her, but failed, as a large ice dart flew towards the forest, bringing a couple trees down before reaching its target. There, Necro could see him pierced through by the large dart, a hole the radius of her forearm gouged all the way through his chest. 

 

"Ace! Ace!" Necro called as she tried waking Ace up, who passed out from exhaustion having used up all of her mana on that single spell. "Ace!" Necro dragged her across the ground towards the entrance of the shed, until a cold sensation on her neck made her halt.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked, as she felt Hal's chest behind her back.

 

"You see... The church offered a large premium on the head of our little vampire here and that desertor over there... There's no way we could've refused it, right?" His hand tightened, drawing a droplet of blood from her neck. "Better yet, now that our princess made the favor, I don't even have to split the rewards."

 

"You motherfucker..."

 

"Don't worry, I won't do anything to our majesty in your hands. See... Her family also offered a large sum for whoever managed to return her to the imperial capital."

 

"Imperial capital?" Necro asked, surprised at his words.

 

"Don't you know? Her father just got crowned the Emperor of the Holy Empire. The church seems to have liked their ways after they defeated Burgundy."

 

"Fuck..." Necro bit her lip, trying to find a way to get back and find the help she had.

 

"Don't even think about those sinful monstrosities of yours. We took care of them during the night."

 

"How did you!?"

 

"It wasn't that easy to find out that you were hiding something you know?" He gave a long sniff on her hair, before talking again. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to deliver this princess."

 

Before he could finish, she turned around, casting a ball of fire from point-blank, burning herself in the process. She didn't even feel the blood dripping from her cut neck. 

 

But it was only for a second, before two swords pierced the sides of her abdomen upwards. 

 

"GHa... Ly..." She gasped, coughing blood, before her vision darkened once and for all.

Thank you all so much for sticking with me for these glorious three months. This contest meant a lot to me as a writer and this novel was a major step on my career that has just begun. Necro's adventure has been one of the most delightful things I've had the pleasure of exploring with all of you. I'm very happy to have gotten now to the very last day of this contest with such a good lead, despite all the difficulties and troubles along the way, the lack of ever trending with this story and even the lack of chapters from time to time. I owe this whole adventure to you, my readers. It is you who made me go through with this novel despite all the difficulties, and even pulling the plug on other novels I had planned and delaying World-ruling Dungeon many many times. Thank you so much for giving me the pleasure of  writing this story from the very beginning, where it was just a whim, until now, where it has practically reached the peak of its first arc. It goes without saying that none of this happened, and that I felt forced to write the most gruesome and egregious chapter possible for this special date which is both the last day of this Scribbly Anniversary V2 Contest and the first of a April. Happy April Fools, you have been pranked.

 

107