HC 2 – Politics I
4.1k 10 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How can it be..." Necro's tutor rubbed his eyes. In front of him, a large map was drawn with ink on canvas. 

 

"Hm?" The twelve year old Necro tilted her head to the side, trying to understand what was wrong.

 

'How can this girl know history so well!?' He was embarrassed as she corrected him once again without even batting an eyelid.

"Anyhow, as you know, the Royal Church has faced many problems with the control of the Stivale, and now, Napoli, under Ferrante is independent from the Kingdom d'Aragóe e Sicilae ruled by that faithless man... Juan."

 

'Heh... I guess Afonso really was necessary to keep that shit together after all...' Necro wondered about some of the people she had seen as Soleir back in the day. Afonso had visited the Capital when Soleir was a student. One could see he was a bright king just by looking at how he interacted with the clergy.

 

"Pavlus Secundus is now ruling over the Papal States. Frederick V of the Habsburgs is the crowned Emperor of the Holy Empire." He continued his rambling, only to be interrupted by her once again.

 

"Heh... Isn't he also the Friedrich IV of Teütschlans?"

 

"Ah-!" He froze, with a lack of words, as yet another of his shortcomings was revealed by the girl, who didn't even care to say it with caution. The old man held himself from crying as he continued his explanation with a straight face. 

"Indeed, that is him."

 

"Heeh... If he didn't try anything with the small states by now, he'll probably focus somewhere else... He's pretty much recovered the whole territory the Habs had split... I guess uncle Corvinus will have a hard time soon..." Necro mused her thoughts, letting them slip as words, without realizing the reddened face of her tutor.

 

"NONSENSE!" He practically yelled, scaring Necro. "There's no way our Divine Majesty would lay claim on the lands of Ungri!"

 

"They used to say the same about the Sultanate taking over Konstantinopolis, and look at where we are."

 

"You..." The tutor was fuming. Not only had she humiliated him, she dared to bring forth the largest defeat of the Holy Church to the Sarracens. "INSOLENT CHILD! Your father will know about such perjury!" He exploded, dashing out of the room in anger.

 

"... I didn't say any lies..." Necro just stood there, sat in front of the map as she stared blankly at the door of her room, opened wide. "I guess he's a very pious man..." She rambled, looking down at the map.

'I hope I never have to deal with this kind of religious people again…' She thought, remembering the tough times she had gone through when, as Soleir, she tried to bring sense onto those people. 

Aaaaand... It's over! We won the contest after all! Thank you so much and hope you stick around for the future of this novel. I'm not feeling well, so instead of rushing another chapter I released this, which should help you understand the world a little bit better and maybe recall some names. Expect  Ch 56 somewhere around Saturday.

123