Ch 70 – Bullionaire
2.4k 3 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"God..." the old man murmured, as he sank onto the chair.

"I guess this was the last item, wasn't it?"

"I hope so..."

"Don't be like that. I even left you a little bit of leeway for profiting off of most of the items." Necro smirked sadistically.

"You sure did..." He agreed, while still having a defeated demeanor. 'The point is how you managed to lead me by the nose you cheeky—'

"How do you intend to pay for it, by the way?"

"Huh?" After having his thoughts cut short, the man took a couple seconds to understand what she was asking. "Since you're not a registered member of this guild, we can't deal with credit. I can only pay you in metallic."

"Oh, I see... Won't you even try to make me a member?"

"...I'm afraid that'd not be ideal for you. You're walking around with adventurers, and you can't join both at the same time."

"Oh?! I kinda didn't know that..."

"You didn't? Oh, right... I tend to forget whose child you are. Anyways, it's also better for you to become an adventurer. There, you can hide your identity without a problem."

"I imagine how that'd be hard as a merchant... Thank you for the advice and the opportunity. I hope we can negotiate again in the future."

"Equally." He said, while thinking the complete opposite.'Like hell I'd want to be ripped like that again! Please never come over again!'

Necro held herself from laughing as she saw his business smile almost crack. 'Maybe I went too far...' She'd made sure to end all parts of the business with him earning at least some copper on the items he was buying from her... But that might have hurt his price even further.

"You can wait here," he said. "I'll get the money with the boys."

"Thank you." Necro answered, as she saw him get up from the chair across and walk towards the door. She couldn't avoid seeing his knees trembling, but hey, at least she managed to sell almost everything. Granted, she didn't sell part of the salt, and most of the already cooked food. But either way, all the items in the thing earned her a pretty penny... Or so she was thinking, until she saw the three men get into the room carrying bulky bars of gold.

She blinked a couple times, making some mental calculation.

"Oh... right... all the spices and salt..." she murmured as she realized what she'd sold cost quite a lot. She didn't sell all of it, keeping at least a couple bowls of pepper and salt... but there was a lot, of a lot of things.

"Here's everything." Gabro addressed the girl as he laid the bars on the ground. "27 gold bullions and 3 silver ones."

"Yeah, it's fine. You can keep the change."

"The change?" One of the boys turned towards her, his eyes wide.

"Yeah, yeah. She's right, there's a couple coins missing." the old man said, turning around to face the boys. "With that taken care of, I'll ask you to please excuse us. We need to get some stuff done."

"Of course. See you." Necro lowered her hand onto the pile of ingots, making them disappear.

She could hear some discussion taking place behind her as the door closed, but she couldn't care less. She quickly made her way out of the guild. As soon as she set foot outside though, she was surprised, as she saw a familiar figure sat on the stone ledge to the side of the porch, near the street.

'Poor girl...' She thought to herself as she saw Ace swinging her feet, the slightly orange light of the sun shining on her hair. "Sorry for making you wait so much." she said, kissing her on the lips.

"It's fine." Ace hopped onto her feet. "You did take a long time."

Necro looked up to the sky, only to see it was already a while past noon. Rather, it was almost mid afternoon.

"Sorry... Did you... not move from here all this time?"

"Of course. I told you I was waiting."

"Ace... take better care of yourself." Necro hugged her. "Let's go, we need to eat something."

"Now that you mention it... I'm kinda hungry."

"Of course you are." Necro held her by the hand as she pulled her onto the street.

"Now... where can we go to eat?" Of course, Necro had no idea where anything was in this town.

The pair walked together for a while, Ace leading her through town and telling her what went where.

"And here's the main square. That's the church over there."

"I see... Where are we eating, though?" Necro really appreciated her efforts, but now, eating was more important.

"I guess there should be a nice bakery around the other side. Wanna go there? Or... we could go to a restaurant or something."

"Whatever you choose. I'll pay for it today, since I made you wait so much."

"Really?! Ahem. Okay." Ace coughed to try and hide her enthusiasm, but Necro was already smiling as she held herself from kissing her right there and then.

"Don't need to be shy. Take me wherever you think is best."

"Yes!"

Ace kept humming as they made their way through the square. Necro made sure to look around, and try to learn at least some of the storefronts they went by. As the two made a turn to a street behind the church, Necro quickly realized this street was not the same as the ones they'd gone through.

"Ace?"

"Hm?"

"Why are we going into the rich people's part of town?"

"... You said I could pick whatever was best."

"Yeah... but I'm not dressed very well, remember?"

"Ah... yeah..." Ace looked over and noticed that Necro was still wearing the shoddy peasant clothing. As she did so, a small pout formed on her lips while her whole expression grew sad.

"Hey, don't get sad. We can go there another time, ok?"

"Um!" Ace nodded, a childish smile coming back to her gloomy face. "I'll take you to the bakery then!"

113