Ch 77 – Forsaken people
2.1k 3 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The forsaken princess?!" The clerk asked once again.

"That would be me, yes. Please just call me Ace though, I am just an adventurer now.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up." the guildmaster apologized. "Also, Leira, you should've remembered it. It's only been almost half a year since she registered here, as you were the one who did it.

"Oh, that is right... I don't remember you mentioning her past with me though..."

"We literally came to this very room because she was too suspicious."

"Oh..."

"Huh, I guess bringing suspicious people to this room is a normal thing then." Necro jeered, making Asfett draw a smile.

"Only if they are interesting enough Leira thinks I want to meet them. Else, we just throw them out."

"I see... What made me interesting then?"

"Aside from the fact that you literally have more mana than any S-rank mage I've ever met? Not much." she joked, smirking. "That is, only if we forget everything else, am I right?"

"Stop flirting with her. jiiiiiiiii~!"

"Okay, okay. You don't need to stare daggers at me." Asfett raised her hands in surrender. "But, we still need to discuss one thing before leaving." She became serious again.

"Oh, what would that be?" Necro asked, realizing her gaze was directed towards her.

"Your rank, of course."

"Eh? wouldn't I just start at the F rank?"

"But of course," the guildmaster began, "however, that would pose a lot of issues." Necro looked up to her, staring at her pretty yet serious eyes. "Firstly, having such a powerful individual as an F-rank would be a serious hierarchical problem. Secondly, you would wipe all subjugation requests for F-rank, which would make it rough on other F-rankers to make their living. And last but not least, it would lower the rank of your current party to C."

"I see..." Necro hadn't realized this at first, but now that she said it, she realized how much of an issue that would be.

"Thankfully, since we were told you were involved, we can give you a way higher rank. We discussed that you were to start at rank C, since we'd been told you were at least equal as a mage as Ace over there." Necro and Ace smiled at each other, hearing such good news. "However," The two looked back at Asfett, hardening. "your power seems to be far beyond what was initially expected. Only your status alone would be enough for you to become S-rank already at this young age, but I'm afraid that'd be impossible without any further merits. To add insult to injury, we can only provide you with a Rank C until your magic is tested by an affiliated Mage at the national academy in Buda. That is also a requirement, so I hope you could go there as soon as possible, of course, as a nominal request for escorting some merchants."

"No, it is just fine. Rather, I was going to ask you something along those lines as a favor anyways."

"Is that so?" the guildmaster furrowed her brows, curious as to what she would have to do with any such favors.

"Yes, I need to go to Buda anyways. Rather, I would also ask you to deliver a letter to His Highness in my stead." Necro started rummaging through the pockets of her dress, trying to find the aforementioned letter.

"I'll oversee and ensure that it is delivered in due time, together with the report on your trip."

"No, rather, I would ask you for this to be delivered as soon as possible. I am prepared to bear some of the financial burden of expedited shipping." Asfett held her breath upon hearing said words, but widened her eyes even more so as she saw the small roll of paper on Necro's hands. It was but a small roll of seemingly cheap parchment paper. But to Asfett's eyes, this was nowhere near that. This roll was made from thinly woven papyrus, a far more costly paper when compared to parchment, and on the sealed carmesin ribbon laid a bright beautiful wax. It didn't take her weathered eyes to recognize the seal in that paper, as she took the letter before the clerk could see it. That seal that was of a particular royal family. "Where did you—no, rather, who are you?"

"Me? I'm just a passing-by mage that was abandoned in the woods by my family. Nothing else."

"Right... Well, it doesn't matter, Necro, isn't it. I'll take care of it for you."

"Yes, that is my name. And thank you."

"It's fine. You'll owe me one from now on."

"I look forward to the day you will ask me to pay that debt." Necro bowed her head a little, before standing up, followed by Ace.

"Oh, wait, almost forgot. Here's my card, just flash it at the girls below and you'll be able to talk directly to me if any issue arises.

"Oh, that's convenient. Thank you."

"See you soon."

"See ya." Necro waved at Asfett as she walked towards the door, a gloomy Ace staring at her in dissatisfaction. "Come on Ace, what don't you like about her?" she asked as soon as the door closed behind them.

"Mary and that other girl you are looking for are already too many rivals."

"Oh I see, you are afraid I'll snatch her too..."

"I'm sure you will eventually. I just hope I have consolidated my position a bit more by then."

"You jealous bun!" Necro kissed her cheek, happily skipping. "There's enough of me for everyone."

"..."

"Now, what do we do next?"

"Let's look for—"

"Eyyy! Look who's finally showed up." A familiar voice called from the distance as they made their way down the stairs.

"Sup Hal, did you guys do anything worthwhile?"

90