Ch 80 – An earth-shattering scream
2.9k 6 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So, I got pretty sick, I don't know what it is, probs not covid bc no fever, but can't be sure because I already take pain/fever medication, so it could be that I just don't have any symptoms.

Either way, I get a lot of coughing and a shitty headache every night, though it gets a lot better during the day. Since I was having exams and shit, and it only got worse over the week, I haven't had that much mind to write, which is why I have nothing to show for these few days. I hope tomorrow morning and afternoon will be enough to make up for at least a couple days and whip up a couple chapters.

 

"They did it?"

"Yeah! They say the church lost over half of an entire army though."

"God... Were they that strong?"

"Sounds like it."

"Did they really kill them?"

"Yeah, all of them."

"No way..."

"They said the Pope requested for his head to be put on a stake outside of the capital like he did with the messenger."

"The church is scary..."

"Right."

"Dad..." Necro whispered, hearing the conversation.

"They killed even the kid they say. They said he killed over a hundred soldiers alone."

"No way! They're exaggerating it for sure. There's no way a teenager can kill that many Paladins."

"Dra-c..."

"Oi, Necro, is everything okay?" Bid's voice made the whole table look at Necro, tears flowing from her widened eyes.

"Nec?" Ace asked. Only to see Necro turn towards her, emotionless. "Oi, Necro?!" In a second, she hopped off of the table, running out the door of the tavern, and leaving the four dumbstruck, staring at each other in silence.

"What happened?" Mary asked.

"I don't know." Bid answered.

"What a crazy girl, that was." A voice called their attention to the table behind them.

"Crazy right. Anyway, good thing they got rid of them. I wonder who'll succeed The Impaler."

"..." Ace's eyes widened as she heard the conversation.

"Ace... that."

"I gotta go after her."

"Yeah, go. We'll wait for you here."

"Ok." She stood up. Walking out of the tavern too. 'Nec... I hope you don't do anything stupid...'

'No! No! No! It can't be!' Tears flowed from her eyes uncontrollably. 'It can't have happened' She turned a corner after the next building. Rain began pouring heavily, covering up the noises of the people walking the street. 'It can't be... It must be a lie.' Her body felt heavy under the soaked clothes. She made another turn, this time into a small alley, not that far from where she was before. Only a small amount of light bleeded from the street into the dead-end alley. And the girl hid herself in the corner, shrinking in fear and angst. 'It can't be. They did it again. They did it. They killed him. It's all their fault. I hate them.' And her disbelief turned into dismay, then into hatred. 'It's all their fault. I hate them. I'll kill them. I'll make them pay. I'll make them suffer. I'll take them all to hell. I'll make them feel hell. I'll kill every last one of them.' Something snapped inside her. She could no longer think. Something burst forth, a hatred she'd never experienced before. 'I'll make them suffer.'

"Hey little girl, don't you wanna have some fun with us?" And completely unrelated to all of that, two man appeared at the beginning of the alley. "Don't be shy. We'll make you feel real good~... Hehehehehe..." Having followed her all the way from the tavern, the two seemed to have hit a jackpot. For such an easy pray to corner itself so far from anyone who could help her... The men walked into the alley, moving closer and closer to Necro, who rocked herself back and forth in the very end of it. "Come play with us... HIEE~" Something stared back at him as he touched the shoulder of the thing in the end of the alley. And that thing was not human.

"Necro!" Ace yelled as she left the tavern, heavy rain poured down, drenching her. 'Where could she have gone?' She asked herself as she looked in all directions, in the hopes of seeing a glimpse of her. "Necro!" She yelled again, walking to the middle of the street.

"If you're lookig for your friend, she went that way. But you better hurry, some weird guys followed her." A voice spoke from her back, a man stood near the entrance of the tavern.

"Thank you." She thanked him, running off in that direction.

"Just be careful not to share the same end as her..." He muttered to himself, resting his chin against his chest as he relaxed again against the wall of the tavern, sheltered from the rain by the overhang of the roof.

"Necro..." Ace muttered to herself. "I hope you're ok..." She ran, her feet splashing the small puddles between the cobblestone tiles. 'Where did you go... Necro...' She made a turn where the man had pointed to, but she was still nowhere to be seen... "Where did you go?!" She asked aloud, cursing the heavens for her having heard that conversation. "NECRO!" She yelled again, to no avail, the rain not giving her any mercy nor any sign of stopping. "Where did you get yourself into..." She asked, as she looked at the uncountable dark alleys around the street she was now into. The slums. They began here... It was impossible to know where she could have gone...

"GHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Necro!" A horrifying scream, enough to make her hairs stand. But it was a man's voice. A great sign. She had been followed, she was a great magician, she'd be alright. She started running once again, towards the voice she'd heard. Towards a very dark alley.

"HIEEEE! STAY AWAY FROM ME! NO! NOOOO! HIIIIIIE~ GAAAAAAH" An even more terrifying sound, but a different voice from before. 'What could that be?' she thought, running amidst the night, into the dark alley.

"Holy fucking God..." She muttered, seeing the bloody remains of a man, rested against the wall of the building to the side, on the part of the alley some energy managed to make its way through. Blood painted the walls and the ground around him, splashed in a strange pattern. Ace put her hands in front of her mouth, in shock. Not even against monsters, she'd never seen such carnage. His head twisted in an odd angle, and his neck missing a large chunk of it.

But that was not all of it... A rummaging sound made her turn towards the darkness...

"Ne...cro?" She murmured, seeing something stand up from atop what she thought to be the other person, crimson eyes shining like rubies in the darkness. "Nec..."

87