Chapter 1: New
34 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Sigh* "I don't want to get up", I said to my little sister fuming with anger beside my bed. "We are gonna be late for the funeral........ Fine, suit yourself"

*SLAM!* sounded the door as she left my room. I huddled myself in bed for more than a few moments and only got up after I heard the door downstairs open and close. That meant my little sister had left.

I got up a few minutes after that and tidied up my bed. Afterwards, I went to my office. I say that, though it's just my room but in a different part with a desk, laptop, chair and other miscellaneous art materials. I sat on the chair and looked around aimlessly

What am I even going to do at the funeral? I've already sent my regards to my gramps in heaven. There is no need for me to incovenience myself with a social gathering disguised as a funeral. Besides, I'm not one to visit those kinds of events.

I can understand her being mad at me earlier. Well that could be fixed with me giving her extra pocket money next week. There really is no need for her to ingratiate herself with those people, I know gramps treated us well but that doesn't mean she has to go through all that trouble, she can always visit gramps' grave afterwards.

...

"It's rather dreamlike, our relationship that is, that's why we should stop clinging on to it. We grew up as neighbors, as friends, and developed a mutual affection with one another. But, from start to end I was the only one hoping for this relationship to become 'better'. So its better for us to end this, for the sake of both of us."

...

Finished contemplating at my 'office' I decided to brighten up my room and moved the curtains to provide sunshine in my room. After moving back to my office I saw my chibi recreation of a character I made in 'A New Journey'. A pc game that caters to the players' desire, It's a single player game where the character you create is given an advantage to learn faster if given the appropriate talent. Anyways the chibi I made is from my character 'Grey Smith', a multi-talented crafter of all trades and a mediocre fighter. He has an unkempt black hair, green eyes youthful look, a well toned body, and a height of 1.84 m. The only resemblance between us is the color of the hair with mine having a mushroom cap hairstyle. And I for one am skinny and just barely reached 1.67 m in height, so no real comparison to be made there.

I always liked imagining myself as a crafter who can craft anything in the game since I mastered all the crafting skills available. But I wasn't a 'grinder' and a very lazy gamer. I paid for a program or rather an A.I. that my friend made that controls my character when I am not playing, the A.I. then grinds for skill exp and mastery while I enjoy the gameplay itself, rather than doing the boring and repetitive work needed to learn new recipies and skills.

I opened my laptop to play 'A New Journey', however the 'start screen' that was always blue and gold colored is replaced by a black and green color with the prompt being the same line 'Ready to start your New Jouney (Y/N)'. I clicked yes thinking it must have been some error something, but it immediately shut down my laptop.

Things immediately escalated from bad to worse when my ears suddenly began to hear ringing noises. *bzzt* *bzzt* Is this finally it? *bzzt* *ding* *bzzt* *bzzt* *ding* I heard the door bell alongside the ringing in my ear and immediately went for it to attempt help, though I didn't forget to take a look and see who it was first. "Dominic? Are you there?" she inquired

[Error! Failed to initiate transfer. Identifying root cause. Will proceed after the error has been fixed.]

An androgynous voice resounded in my mind and at that point the ringing stopped. I checked myself to see if there was anything that was wrong with me. Though I'm not gonna be surprised if I just suddenly fainted because of my anemia. "Hello! Anybody there?" "Yeah, I just got dizzy for a second. Let me open the door" I proceeded to open the door. What the heck was that ringing earlier? It felt like my head was going to explode. 

"You've looked better." she declared and gave me a tight hug.

 *sigh* "Well that sounds about right" I tossed my earlier thoughts into the back of my head since there was no point letting myself and other people worry about it. I can just visit the hospital to have it checked since it seems to have stopped and is not all that serious. 

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" 

"Well, come on in. You didn't forget where the living room is, did you?"

1