Chapter #1 : [Wake me up]
27 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I remember the last days of September, an utter shocked that hit me. Wishing it to be a dream, I wish for it to be a nightmare. The love I yield to see is front of me, but it never beat, and it was never warm.

"Serina Green, Age: 17, time of death 10:27 pm, cause of death, in further investigation, dead on the spot. I'm sorry." The doctor said in sorry manner.

She was gone, lying on the cold steel bed warp in white blanket.

The last days of September, it was the day that crushed my world, the cries and lifeless eyes of the people with me, her parents that kneeling in front of her body. I can't hold on, I wished to start, I can't complete the promise I told her.

"Hey Paul! I want to sing in front of the masses in the end of September fest."

"Geez, dream big."

"Hey, I'm serious!"

"Fine, fine, I'll help you practice your song, and I'll do the guitar part."

"Haha, that's good. So its a promise?"

"What promise?"

"You a got Alzheimer? Of course we will perform together!"

"Okay! Fine."

A promise that we never fulfilled, I wish we perform together this time.

"Hey Paul! I think I know what song I'll perform."

"Really? What is it?"

"The best song to perform in September."

"Green day- Wake me up when September ends."

"Oh? Really?"

"Really!"

"You know the melodic notes? I thought you always sing pop songs."

Those memories, those experiences. It will never repeat again, the last days of September end with bitter end.

"Paul, its my condolence." A hand tap the shoulder of Paul who is staring at Seri.

"Miya? What are you doing here?" Paul asked while wiping his little tears, Miya, she was also a friend of Paul, a rather gloomy girl. Her habit was always eccentric, like wearing black outfit everywhere she goes, her hair is always on short type, she never make it long. 

"The police department still at search. We dont still know if this was a suicide or a- murder." Miya spoke in graved complex face.

"I will never believe Seri died from committing suicide, she was an head-on and extroverted girl." Paul spoke in hoarse, he will never believe in Seri committing suicide, he was there beside him before this happen.

The last time they talked was inside the studio where Seri and Paul practiced and enhancing their performance in September fest, after Seri left, Paul received the news of incident about Seri death.

"The body was found in the old building near K town, it was lifeless when we found her, we- seen her hanged up."

That was what the police said, but them too had doubt according to Paul testament before the incident, they proceed their investigation considering a perfect murder.

"Miya, I'll go now."

"Oh- okay, see you soon"

"I can't go in her funeral." Paul said, heads down.

"Why?" Miya raised an eyebrow.

"I can't ." Paul looked at her in the eyes, it was void, lacking life.

"Go rest." Miya was slightly taken a back.

****

The days past, and Paul locked himself in his room. The funeral was attended by many, except Paul.

"I wish I can save you." He murmured again and again.

"I'll swear I find who kills you!" He griited his teeth, repeating the word in his heart.

"Paul, your dinner is here." Her mother slightly opened the door and placed the food in the ground, she too was hurt seeing her kid in pain. But she was helpless.

"Tommorow is a new month." Her mother remind her, he locked himself in the room for 3 days. Not aware of the time.

"I see, thank you." He said, tired and sleepless.

"When you need something just asked, I'm down there." Her mother remind him.

Paul stared at the food on the ground and the silent night outside the window, the moon was bright that night. A full moon, he gaze at the moon above him and slowly picked up the guitar near the cabinet.

Placing his fingers on the strings he start strumming.

His mother slowly raided her head upstairs, and her eyes slightly reddened.

Paul starts to play the guitar and sang in hoarse and faint voice, akin to a person holding his pained heart releasing it all in one song.

* summer have come so fast*

*memories that never last*

He sang in tears and hoarse, he let go everything in his voice, the song they supposed to sing was played in his room, the song she supposed to voice was sang by Paul in his hoarse voice, slowly his voice become calm, the smooth and soft melody calm himself.

*wake me up when September ends*

The memories flashed in his mind, the September of happiness and the farewell of September.

*here goes my dream again, becoming who we are*

*as my memory rest, never forget what I lost*

Seeing himself in this state, wishing himself to end this nightmarish dream. The momeries conflict in the present event, the joy of the past and pain of the present, he lost the most important to him. And it will never be bring back again.

*wake me up when September ends..*

He wish for this September to end, he wish for someone to wake him up in this reality, he wish this was all a dream. He wish to wake up from this September.

The night was played in melody of the guitar, Paul strung the last chords and silently rest on his bed gazing the bright moonlight in his window.

"I wish to wake up from this September, like the song you choose, I wish to wake up." He slowly closed his eyes, and the slowly liquid of tears flow from his left eyes.

****

*tiit* *tiit* *tiit*

The sound of alarm echoed in the room, Paul mumbled in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes.

Looking at the alarm clock which he forgot to turn off since yesterday.

"I set this alarm when I needed to visit Seri." Mesmerizing the day when he set the alarm at exactly 9 AM, for the reason not wanting to be scold by Seri about being late for practice.

Paul little bit smiled, and turn off the alarm, Backing into sleep again.

*ring!* *ring!*

"Is it mom?" He mumbled, blindly finding his phone, Picking up he click to accept it.

"You idiot! Where are you?" A high voice of a girl echoed in the phone, Paul suddenly stood up awake from the phone call, his eyes was widened and his mouth tremble.

A familiar voice, a familiar tone, a familiar attitude. It was the same thing as the same that was on his mind.

"Seri?!" He unexpectedly said, a name came out from his mouth.

First time writing romance, wondering why I'm writing this? Well I need experience in writing romance he he, I'm an young sage!

1